Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance (1 Viewer)

onlinehero

Casual Client
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance for PS2/Xbox [Capcom]

Published: 2005
Genre: Action/fighting

Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance is a 3rd person action/fighting game that has story mode and vs mode. In it, the player takes the role of any of 5 gangsters, running from their boss. The player earns respect on the street by fighting enemies to take down a shadowy organization and become the city's ultimate fighter.

- Of the 5 playable characters, two are female (Gina and Lola).
- Most of the in game combat is hand to hand street fighting with a decent selection of melee weapons like knives and baseball bats. There is a pistol available in the game, but it's rarely used by NPC's.
- As your character takes damage, they will have lasting bruises and bloody features until you heal.
- If you lose a fight against an NPC that's available for recruiting with 0 pride, you'll be forced to beg for your life. If you refuse, a brutal beating scene will play out to a game over screen.
- While the majority of the enemies are male, there are several female enemies, including random female civilians you can start fights with. There is also one recurring female boss NPC.
- A few female NPCs can be recruited throughout the game. Recruiting can sometimes be done by paying them if they're open to it, otherwise you can defeat them in a fight and force them to join you.
- There are several clothing/accessory vendors in story mode, as well as a barbershop to change your hairstyle and a hospital to have plastic surgery done.
- Clothing and accessories provide no benefit to the character besides aesthetics and lowering your detection rating to gangsters and cops.
- Stat items can be picked up and purchased throughout the game and are also gained by leveling up from experience, which is gained by completing missions and winning fights.

BEAT DOWN - Official Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance website

Screenshots:

Ryona example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lM21lNaiog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX8yZY7cW3U

YAYA

Potential Patron
Played this game, very cool. Loved that you can mount a prone opponent and beat the hell out of them. Female characters very cute, too.

BoRaicho

Ryonani Teamster
This game has also a feature to (brutally) beatdown your oponent in story mode. The option "beatdown" is a finishing move, depending on the weapon, your character is currently wearing. There several finishing moves.
As I said, these finishing moves seem to be available only in story mode. I am wondering if there is a way to perform them in versus-mode.

C

cyborg

No, because you don't have that option. Only story mode.

This clip seems to be done in versus mode because of the unique characters, and it has beatdowns with seemingly hacked camera angles. Any idea how to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Only thing I could even begin guessing at would be Codebreaker or Action Replay codes, but I have never seen any of them that can do that.

C

cyborg

Google Translate

Came across this blog while googling the Japanese name for the game. Use ctrl+F to find the game's name, and it mentions something about code remodeling. I'm guessing someone hacked the Japanese version of the game. Now to find out how.

EvilDraconis

Ryonani Teamster
Is there any sort of 2 on 1 in this game? Re-watching the videos, I've noticed the backgrab animation is stalled until, I'm assuming, you press a button to do a move. Is it a tag move system like Urban Reign/Wrestling games?

kof

Potential Patron
Is there any sort of 2 on 1 in this game? Google Translate Came across this blog while googling the Japanese name for the game.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Nope, the back grab is just so you can do a strike or transition into a back mount or something. No tag team moves.

???

Potential Patron
Correction, there are in fact tag team moves but they are quite rare and hard to pull off. In any battle where you have extra characters to play as, if you grab your opponent and push them towards standby characters, there is like a 10% chance that a tag move will initiate.

As for hacking the camera angles, this game's values don't seem to be DRM'ed (and I should know ^^'). I would suggest using the PCSX2 emulator along with artmoney, or if artmoney is too slow on your system, you can use PCSX versions before 1.0.0 to utilize a built in search engine.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I'd like to point out that whenever I played against Diana and two of her friends, I found it astounding that she used their tag moves in every other opportunity!

Mardion

Potential Patron
...You never played against a trio of enemies? Or you never let them grab you and move you around while they were close to their comrades? Or you never grabbed your opponent and moved her towards your own comrades? Whatever the reason, go and experiment, you'll love what you'll see :-)

olala

Potential Patron
uh i play this game several years ago:P,gina rae so sexies:3
um ive bit curious,becoused i hear this game have mine favorite ryona,but doesnt confirmed till now days:P
just wonderin is this game have lowblow moves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.