Beam (downloadable gory sidescroller game) (1 Viewer)

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
my second major project is currently called Beam. it will be a side-scrolling game with no z-axis (you can only move left and right, not up or down). as with my other game, this is a very early pre-alpha; i've only been at work on this project for the past few days. i don't yet have a clear idea of exactly what gameplay mechanics i'll be incorporating. in addition to the shooting action already present, i may add some sort of "seduce" option to put enemies off their guard, and/or the ability to duck behind objects to shield yourself from fire.

Beam pre-alpha

Controls
-Left/Right arrows: move
-A: fire
_Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A: renew shield

Firing your weapon or renewing your shield prevents you from firing your weapon again for a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Hmm, this one seems to just hang at the loading splash screen. Any ideas?

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i have updated the game to a version that includes blood. my next step will be to begin adding new gameplay mechanics.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
It works now. I'm surprised you got such nice looking characters into Game Maker.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Might i suggest parasites :D? I know im kinda a douche writhing this while the game is downloading, and not having played it yet, but how about parasites :D? taking over her body? Perhaps even some that can grant her a bonus like a special attack/more resistance etc, but if she isnt fast enough, it will take her over/kill her :D? I wanted to make my own ryona game, but i have no skills in programming games whatsoever :(

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
i may use the parasite idea in a future game. for this game, i am keeping everything as simple as possible because i am still very much a neophyte.

i have put up a new version, 0.0.3a. this is very likely the final pre-alpha version, as it contains the basic elements i intend to include: multiple enemies, the ability to attack and be attacked, a shield mechanic, and an attack/shield cooldown mechanic to add a bit of challenge. future updates will include an actual stage, more enemies, and a cooldown graphic which will indicate when the player is able to fire or renew the shield.

_matt

Potential Patron
do you have any site or blog where you put some of the update of all the games you working on?

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
at present, these are the games on which i am working. and i actually have not had time to work on them since the beginning of the month. i have been instead on my site at eyeteeth.eroticillusions.com; in a month or two, when i feel i have built up sufficient content there, i will return to working on these games. i do have a deviantart account, eyeteeth.devieantart.com.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
hmm the game has nice graphics, if you manage to expand on it and such it could be a fun game :)

It did take a bit getting used to how close you are to the action, might want to have the perspective be a bit farther, or have a map that shows the enemies approaching or something like that ;)

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
okay the link is now to the file saved on my Google account, so it should be permanent.

lol i remember how hard i worked on this, and it is so incomplete. game making is difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.