1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beam (downloadable gory sidescroller game)

Discussion in 'Guro' started by eyeteeth, Feb 4, 2010.

1. eyeteeth

eyeteeth Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

my second major project is currently called Beam. it will be a side-scrolling game with no z-axis (you can only move left and right, not up or down). as with my other game, this is a very early pre-alpha; i've only been at work on this project for the past few days. i don't yet have a clear idea of exactly what gameplay mechanics i'll be incorporating. in addition to the shooting action already present, i may add some sort of "seduce" option to put enemies off their guard, and/or the ability to duck behind objects to shield yourself from fire.

Beam pre-alpha

Controls
    -Left/Right arrows: move
    -A: fire
    _Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A: renew shield

Firing your weapon or renewing your shield prevents you from firing your weapon again for a few seconds.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  2. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

Hmm, this one seems to just hang at the loading splash screen. Any ideas?

3. eyeteeth

how very strange. i have re-uploaded the file and double-checked to make sure it works.

4. eyeteeth

i have updated the game to a version that includes blood. my next step will be to begin adding new gameplay mechanics.

5. detritus

detritus angry angry Staff Member Administrator

It works now. I'm surprised you got such nice looking characters into Game Maker.

6. fedefyr

fedefyr Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

Might i suggest parasites :D? I know im kinda a douche writhing this while the game is downloading, and not having played it yet, but how about parasites :D? taking over her body? Perhaps even some that can grant her a bonus like a special attack/more resistance etc, but if she isnt fast enough, it will take her over/kill her :D? I wanted to make my own ryona game, but i have no skills in programming games whatsoever :(

7. eyeteeth

i may use the parasite idea in a future game. for this game, i am keeping everything as simple as possible because i am still very much a neophyte.

i have put up a new version, 0.0.3a. this is very likely the final pre-alpha version, as it contains the basic elements i intend to include: multiple enemies, the ability to attack and be attacked, a shield mechanic, and an attack/shield cooldown mechanic to add a bit of challenge. future updates will include an actual stage, more enemies, and a cooldown graphic which will indicate when the player is able to fire or renew the shield.

8. _matt

_matt Potential Patron

do you have any site or blog where you put some of the update of all the games you working on?

9. eyeteeth

at present, these are the games on which i am working. and i actually have not had time to work on them since the beginning of the month. i have been instead on my site at eyeteeth.eroticillusions.com; in a month or two, when i feel i have built up sufficient content there, i will return to working on these games. i do have a deviantart account, eyeteeth.devieantart.com.

10. ramallo

ramallo Potential Patron

ehm .. re up XD ?

11. eyeteeth

i have uploaded the file again. mediafire does not keep files for long.

12. Neonie

Neonie Casual Client Ryonani Teamster

hmm the game has nice graphics, if you manage to expand on it and such it could be a fun game :)

It did take a bit getting used to how close you are to the action, might want to have the perspective be a bit farther, or have a map that shows the enemies approaching or something like that ;)

13. True Succubus

True Succubus Avid Affiliate

I can't actually find it...Help anyone?

14. noice1

noice1 Avid Affiliate

I'm not sure what you mean. You can't find the link to the file at the top? It's still up and running.

15. True Succubus

True Succubus Avid Affiliate

Didn't work before, but a few weeks later, seems to work, yup downloaded.

16. Vernyspar

Vernyspar Guest

Would you mind reuping this?

17. eyeteeth

okay the link is now to the file saved on my Google account, so it should be permanent.

lol i remember how hard i worked on this, and it is so incomplete. game making is difficult!