ariel little mermaid clamshell bra (1 Viewer)

tmb

Casual Client
Have you already checked in Rusty Shackleford's imports thread ? http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3817

stuntcock

Content Creator
tanksk1 said:
its for his breast mod i would like a vanilla version
A strictly vanilla version isn't possible, because the design includes a torso strap. A vanilla torso strap is drawn on the BACK layer, and hence it will be unresponsive to adjustment of the breast slider. As the breasts are increased to medium size, the bra cups will visibly separate from the torso strap during bouncy motion. With large breasts, the cups will be permanently separated from the torso strap -- they won't connect even when the girl is completely at rest.

Rusty's design overcame this problem by compressing the breast-slider range, so that there was much less difference between min-size and max-size breasts. His torso strap could simply aim for the upper-middle area of the ribcage, and it would have a high probability of hitting the bra cups (regardless of breast size and bounciness).

If we switch back to the vanilla breast shape, it's pretty straightforward to rotate* and reposition* the bra cups. But Rusty's trick won't work for us. We must apply Loader scripting in order to force the torso strap to remain connected to the bra cups.

Note that I don't say "resize" the bra cups. I left them in their original size. Partly due to laziness, and partly because I thought that it made the costume more interesting: the clamshell is large enough to be somewhat modest w/ small breasts ... but it quickly becomes immodest ... and then it becomes absurdly inadequate as the breasts are maxed out.

The RGB adjustment feature was left intact, although it now uses the Bra.RGB1 slider instead of Top.RGB1. The shading layer uses darkening only, so you should choose light colors (blue, pink, white, etc). If you choose black, then you'll be left with a pure-black shape devoid of any highlights.

Mod File (requires Loader 5.45)
Clamshell Bra.mod
View attachment Clamshell Bra.mod

Source File
Clamshell Bra.fla
View attachment Clamshell Bra.fla

Last edited:

Faceless

Content Creator
stuntcock said:
A strictly vanilla version isn't possible, because the design includes a torso strap. A vanilla torso strap is drawn on the BACK layer, and hence it will be unresponsive to adjustment of the breast slider. As the breasts are increased to medium size, the bra cups will visibly separate from the torso strap during bouncy motion. With large breasts, the cups will be permanently separated from the torso strap -- they won't connect even when the girl is completely at rest.
Not entirely true. The chest layer will automatically attempt to tween child MovieClips according to the breast slider. With some AS3, MovieClips on the back layer can be made poll the frame position of chest layer children and update accordingly as well. I did as much for my Mileena costume. However, that doesn't address the issue of breathing/bounce distortion, it's not really all that useful in this case.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Faceless said:
Not entirely true. The chest layer will automatically attempt to tween child MovieClips according to the breast slider. With some AS3, MovieClips on the back layer can be made poll the frame position of chest layer children and update accordingly as well. I did as much for my Mileena costume. However, that doesn't address the issue of breathing/bounce distortion, it's not really all that useful in this case.
Yeah, that's a good point. In case anyone is curious about the details:
  • Faceless' technique draws custom shapes on each of the normal costume layers (BACK, CHEST, etc) and then applies the Breast Slider frame-by-frame animation technique to them.
    • The implementation is very simple (5 lines of code), so it can be included in a vanilla mod. Loader stuff is not needed.
    • This technique can achieve nicely "tailored" results, such as a sports bra whose band always tucks neatly under the inframammary crease -- even as the location of the crease changes due to slider adjustments.
      • The band could also be made to become thicker or thinner so that it makes visual sense w/r/t breast size (larger breasts require more support).
    • The appearance of the costume elements can be hand-tweaked to correlate to breast size. For instance, you might add custom shading details at the upper end of the Breast Slider scale, because some parts of the costume would fall under the shadow of a large breast. Similarly, you could add highlight details around the armpit, shoulders, and ribcage for specific breast sizes -- to suggest that parts of the costume are under tension.
    • To use this technique effectively, you'll want to do some preparatory work in your Flash project. For instance: include the RightBreast template as a reference on your CHEST layer, so that you can ensure that your garment provides the correct amount of underboob exposure at each keyframe.
      • This technique uses standard Flash animation principles (keyframes and tweens), so you can effectively preview each section without leaving the Flash editing environment.
  • My technique ignores the normal costume layers. It draws a custom shape and then uses physics rules to stretch this shape between two or more points. These points are usually "anchored" on different bodyparts. In the case of the clamshell bra, the torso strap is anchored on the rear of the torso, and on the right breast.
    • The artistic details do not change when the breast slider is adjusted. You can't use clever shading tricks to suggest tension or shadowing.
    • The shape of the object will automatically be adjusted to reflect changes in the breast slider, as well as breathing, boob bounce, etc... You can't preview this shape in Flash, because it's determined by the SDT physics system. So the modding process involves a lot of back-and-forth: adjust something in Flash, publish to SWF, test in SDT, repeat.
    • The object is physics-enabled, so it will usually be pulled taut when there's a large distance between the anchor points, and it can fall slack if the spanned distance is very short (e.g. at minimum breast size).
      • If there's enough slack then the strap will visibly sway or undulate as the girl moves. This is usually undesirable because a slack strap doesn't make sense ("wouldn't the bra just fall off?").
      • You can see a minor example of this problem in the clamshell bra. The strap becomes too tight when the breast size is maxed out, it's basically just a straight line. I would like to add some slack at the maximum size, but doing so would necessarily provide way too much slack for small breasts.
    • The artistic workload involved in the modding process is potentially reduced, because you don't need to decide how the object (e.g. strap) will fit. You simply draw it as a straight line, anchor it, and then assign an elasticity value.
      • Of course, the downside is that the physics-based fitting might look shitty ... and it's tricky to fine-tune it. You don't have a WYSIWYG visual editor; you must make mathematical tweaks (e.g. reduce the mass, boost the elasticity) and then see what happens.

tanksk1

Potential Patron
thank you for the mod, i almost would have never gotten to use it because i was afraid we lost our forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.