A Guide to Making Dialogues (Old Out of Date) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpIsDown

Potential Patron
Re: A Guide to Making Dialogues

I have a question I didn't see answered anywhere (yes, I looked):

I'm working on a dialogue with a rather complex structure, and I have a couple of questions that shouldn't take much time or effort to answer (and I'd appreciate any and all constructive attempts at doing so!).

1) I'm trying to have some lines only trigger when she's in ahegao mood, and some whenever she's in happy or normal mood while being held. For the latter, would putting a
{"held":"true", "mood":"Happy", "mood":"Normal"}
at the end of every relevant line do the job? Testing has yielded somewhat varying results, so a definite answer would be great.

2) The head_grabbed lines, do they only trigger if she's not held to begin with, and are then only triggered the very first time she's grabbed?

I understand these are possible to answer by testing, but my dialogue has a rather silly amount of lines, and as I said; testing has yielded somewhat varying results.

Thanks again, I appreciate any and all help, and apologize up front if this is the wrong forum or topic in which to post this question!

booster

Avid Affiliate

is there a way to make her pause during the dialogue with the styles "him" and "thought"?

i.e. you can make a pause a normal dialogue by typing [LOOK_UP][LOOK_UP][LOOK_UP] between 2 sentences. but that doesn't work with above mentioned styles.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

UpIsDown:
1) I'm not sure what will happen if you add two mood conditions to the same line, as she can't be in two moods at the same time. Lines with conditions that cannot be met will simply not appear. I can confirm that combining a held condition with a mood condition will work however. To be on the safe side, I would limit myself to one mood condition per line and simply copy/paste and change the mood condition if I wanted the same result for another mood as well. I do this in my dialogues and it works well.
2) Yes, head_grabbed triggers upon grabbing the head. I've had trouble triggering it through the [HOLD] command however, much like I don't get swallow text when I force one through [SWALLOW] (I do get it when tilting her head or when she swallows as part of hard coded cum scripting). Any confirmation by others on these interactions would be appreciated.

booster: Have you tried messing around with cyrillic characters as you observed in reply 36 above, to achieve this effect? What were your results? Btw, I use various commands in Thought and Him lines all the time, and I seem to recall the conversation stopping momentarily to execute them before going on. Another way would be to break the line up with "..." as it takes a moment to load the next line, like so:

line1:"Here's a thought... [line2]" {"style":"Thought"}
line2:"...what if the moon was made out of cheese?" {"style":"Thought"}

UpIsDown

Potential Patron

Thank you for the response, Slingerbult!

To be on the safe side, I would limit myself to one mood condition per line and simply copy/paste and change the mood condition if I wanted the same result for another mood as well. I do this in my dialogues and it works well.

That will drastically increase the amount of lines, but hey; if it works! An alternative approach to save a lot of duplicate lines could then be to do something like:

resistance:"[res]"{"mood:" "happy"} (or however it's written)
resistance:"[res]"{"mood:" "normal"}
- And then simply rename all resistance lines that requires either happy or normal mood to be called "res" instead of "resistance". Much cleaner approach, I think, since the condition is only tested in two lines per line category and allows as many lines as you wish. Clean and elegant. Thanks!

(...) much like I don't get swallow text when I force one through [SWALLOW] (I do get it when tilting her head or when she swallows as part of hard coded cum scripting). Any confirmation by others on these interactions would be appreciated.

I also have a question regarding that, actually. If during pre_cum she's held down (i.e. forced down) and the pre_cum then triggers [EJACULATE] while she's held down, will that trigger the cum_in_throat line (immediately if it's Style Him or Thought, after she's let up if its Style Her)? Logically it should, but I've had varying results when testing it, athough admittedly I've been using different approaches to achieve that effect.

Thanks again for the help!

Slingerbult

Content Creator

UpIsDown: If you do the resistance substition like that though, it will wait for her mouth to be ready. So it's best to make the substitution a Thought or Him line. Also, make sure you spell all mood conditions with capital starting letter or it won't work (that is, "mood":"Happy" and not "mood":"happy")

I also found another peculiar thing working on my second dialogue. Resistance lines were getting blocked out by multiple first_throat lines! That is, after the "first" first throat, I kept getting first throat lines rather than resistance lines. I couldn't find out why, but I could fix it. The "first" first throat dialogue changes HELD status, which blocks repetition. Then, an intro line is triggered, changing held status again but also mood status, meaning neither that intro line nor the first first throat will repeat. Then I did this:

first_throat:"[resistance]" {"style":"Thought","mood":"Happy","held":"true"}

Without that line, I see no resistance dialogue between first throat and first dt, even if mood and held conditions are met (and all the resistance lines are style Thought or Him). Not very elegant, but it works (essentially, the game treats first_throat like resistance dialogue for some reason, so I make it treat it like resistance dialogue again). I speculate that the held condition is causing the problem, since I didn't have this issue in my first dialogue when using mood conditions only.

If during pre_cum she's held down (i.e. forced down) and the pre_cum then triggers [EJACULATE] while she's held down, will that trigger the cum_in_throat line (immediately if it's Style Him or Thought, after she's let up if its Style Her)? Logically it should, but I've had varying results when testing it, athough admittedly I've been using different approaches to achieve that effect.

You can add [EJACULATE] to a pre_cum line, but there's no provision to check for if she's actually held down (balls deep). Alternately, you could add it to a held line, but then there's no way to check if he's close to cumming. If you tie it to pre_cum, there's a big chance you'll get some cum on her face or in her mouth before he's down her throat, triggering other dialogue (if it's there). Thus, I'd rather tie it to a held or first_dt line. I did this in my first dialogue (with first_dt) and got a thought style cum_in_throat dialogue immediately after. There were no held lines in that dialogue at all, to avoid conflict and messing up that critical point in the dialogue. Held lines tend to trump a lot, so either avoid them or use them with style Her while other lines (cum in throat etc) are in style Him/Thought to avoid conflict. Restart lines are also a factor to consider. Held lines will block them out A LOT, and making restart lines Thought/Him may produce unwanted result (like getting restart dialogue while he's still cumming) unless you plan really carefully. I dislike Held and pulled_off lines for this reason - they tend to block everything else out at critical moments.

UpIsDown

Potential Patron

If you do the resistance substition like that though, it will wait for her mouth to be ready. So it's best to make the substitution a Thought or Him line.

I didn't even think about those substitution lines being Style: Her which would, as you mentioned; force it to wait for her mouth to be free. As such the "less elegant" (if it can justly be called so considering it does in fact solve the problem) duplication of every line to cover both Happy and Normal mood ends up being the best, if not only, solution.

Also, make sure you spell all mood conditions with capital starting letter or it won't work (that is, "mood":"Happy" and not "mood":"happy")

I was also not aware of this, so thank you for pointing it out!

The "first" first throat dialogue changes HELD status, which blocks repetition. Then, an intro line is triggered, changing held status again but also mood status, meaning neither that intro line nor the first first throat will repeat. Then I did this:

first_throat:"[resistance]" {"style":"Thought","mood":"Happy","held":"true"}

I'm assuming first_throat lines only changes the HELD status because you scripted it as such, and that it's not a general case? Also, the complication you encountered could potentially spell problems for my very long dialogue project as well. This is however getting extremely technical, and while that might be of use to other dialogue-makers, my questions and ideas are getting increasingly specific to my project and hence less relevant to others. As such I've sent the technical details in a PM which I think is a better suited arena to continue this discussion (assuming you're still willing).

Thus, I'd rather tie it to a held or first_dt line. I did this in my first dialogue (with first_dt) and got a thought style cum_in_throat dialogue immediately after. There were no held lines in that dialogue at all, to avoid conflict and messing up that critical point in the dialogue.

Tieing it to a held or first_dt line is indeed bypassing the problem altogether, but the complication is my dialogue has already reserved the first_dt and the flow requires it to progress past held (i.e. "going at it for a while") before actually forcing the cum down her throat.

Held lines tend to trump a lot, so either avoid them or use them with style Her while other lines (cum in throat etc) are in style Him/Thought to avoid conflict.

Lastly, isn't it so that if she's currently being held and she's also "down on it", and a line triggers HOLD, doesn't that serve the same purpose as holding the Spacebar for a certain amount of time, i.e. the game holds her down for you? In that situation, triggering HOLD doesn't push her further down, but it keeps her from letting up for a certain amount of time, no?

Slingerbult

Content Creator

The [HOLD] command only grabs her head if it isn't grabbed already (then it has no effect). For the rest, see PM (which I hope to reply to today).

cwking420

Potential Patron

Just wanted to share somthing I have discovered in making my own dialogues.

If a [PULL_OFF] line is in either "Thought" or "Him" style it will sometimes trigger even though she still has a dick in her mouth(ussualy during vigorous throat use). This is especiually common if you make him quite large. To work around this(and have [PULL_OFF] lines only play when she accualy is pulled off) I simply script all my [PULL_OFF] lines as spoken(even if I just put in an action like [LOOK_UP]) and have those trigger the "Thought" or "Him" line I want there. This way the line want trigger unless she is trully pulled off.

Also I have noticed that if she is in agheo(not sure if that's spelled right) mood and you hold her down, [lick_balls] lines will play, and these seem to trump the [held] lines for some reason. I haven't figured out a work around for this yet, other than not using [lick_balls] lines. If someone has any ideas please share.

Slingerbult

Content Creator

I have found the exact same solution for pull_off as I've had the same experience with it. I use them scarcely though, since they tend to dominate.

I was not aware of balls licking in ahegao, sweet! Perhaps a work around here would be to make held lines style thought and him while having lick_balls wait for her mouth? You need A LOT of held lines (10+) if you go this route though, if you want to avoid repetition until she passes out. Also, you could just avoid lick_balls lines in ahegao mood, by tying them to the other mood conditions.

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor

I was thinking... is it possible to change the font color at all. To further differentiate between him, her, thought lines or perhaps even a 3rd person dialogue? Ive noticed on some background picture, even him/her costume colors, its sometimes difficult to see the text.

It would be nice if Kona introduced this into the game. (Something like [color:red] or [color_red]) Certain words could emphasized like in angry mood (red). Or if she looks down as if sad (blue).

Hell even a built in color slider within the in game dialogue editor!

Just a thought...

T0mcat

Avid Affiliate

cwking420 said:
If a [PULL_OFF] line is in either "Thought" or "Him" style it will sometimes trigger even though she still has a dick in her mouth(ussualy during vigorous throat use). This is especiually common if you make him quite large. To work around this(and have [PULL_OFF] lines only play when she accualy is pulled off) I simply script all my [PULL_OFF] lines as spoken(even if I just put in an action like [LOOK_UP]) and have those trigger the "Thought" or "Him" line I want there. This way the line want trigger unless she is trully pulled off.

Seems the "Thought"/"Him" [PULL_OFF] lines are triggered when she's quite far down on his dick and trying to pull off. So one could use them as an addition to [vigorous] lines. Use commands like [COUGH] or eye movements for her "Thoughts" and refer to her Thought lines from his lines..

kinda like..
pull_off:"[poff]"{"style":"Thought"}
pull_off:"[poff]"{"style":"Him"}
poff:"[LOOK_UP]"{"style":"Thought"}
poff:"[LOOK_DOWN]"{"style":"Thought"}
poff:"[BLINK]"{"style":"Thought"}
etc.

cwking420 said:
Also I have noticed that if she is in agheo(not sure if that's spelled right) mood and you hold her down, [lick_balls] lines will play, and these seem to trump the [held] lines for some reason. I haven't figured out a work around for this yet, other than not using [lick_balls] lines. If someone has any ideas please share.

Usually that's about the only way to trigger [lick_balls] lines, if You don't lead her tongue to his balls by yourself. So, if You can live without using that option, You could use those moments, when her nose is digging into his stomach and her tongue licks his balls for some really nice comments for the guy..

like...
lick_balls:"So You enjoy having my cock that deep in Your throat, right?"{"style":"Him"}

Should be something like that, 'cause in ahegao mood she doesn't really struggle that much when deepthroated and held down ;)

cwking420

Potential Patron

Just wanted to make a guick note about the [DROOL] action. [DROOL] will cause her to drool cum from her mouth not spit. I mention this because it seems to be frequently missused, in my opinion anyway. For example there is one dialogue(can't remember which one off the top of my head) where it is used in a lick_balls line. So it looks like your balls start leaking cum from them. You see I think the writter thought she would begin to drool extra spit(which would be perfect for the line) when infact she starts drooling cum from her mouth. Also I think, but am not certain, that this counts as a finish. So if you are writting a dialouge with specific finishes or escalating finishes, I would stay away from this command altogether.

Adrien

Potential Patron

I have a little question... for a scripted dialogue, i NEED the "first_dt" step. If this step miss, all the dialogue is fuck up.

Thats my lines (french sorry) :

first_dt:"Oh... je sens ta gorge... c'est si bon...[first_dtej]" {"style":"Him"}
first_dt:"Ta bouche est si... chaude...[first_dtej]" {"style":"Him"}
first_dt:"C'est tout doux la au fond...[first_dtej]" {"style":"Him"}
first_dt:"Je sens ta langue qui bouge...[first_dtej]" {"style":"Him"}

At the first_dt, the guy is supposed to speak and launch some lines. But most of the time, when i roughly go to this step, it doesnt work. Sometimes the guy says the sentence without launch the first_dtej, sometimes the step is simply forget by the program. Do you guys, have a solution, like in the Schoolgirl Saga in 3 parts, to prevent from broking this step ?

Thx and apologize for my english

Deleted member 4615

Potential Patron

Is there any way to create escalating pre_cum dialogue? Say I wanted to make a dialogue for a character that is new to this; therefore, she may not know about ejaculation and all that. I could have a line like

"I wonder what comes now..."

But this line would only be relevant before the first ejaculation. After that, it sounds a bit stupid.

Say, for example, there was a command that disabled a line if Him has already came? So it would be something like:

Code:
finishes=0:true

Or something. I don't know too much about scripting. I need to know if there's a command that disables and enables lines regarding FINISHES. Yes, I already know there's a *FINISHES* that states the number of times Him has came during the game session.

Thank you for your patience.

Adrien

Potential Patron

Delev said:
Is there any way to create escalating pre_cum dialogue? Say I wanted to make a dialogue for a character that is new to this; therefore, she may not know about ejaculation and all that. I could have a line like

"I wonder what comes now..."

But this line would only be relevant before the first ejaculation. After that, it sounds a bit stupid.

Say, for example, there was a command that disabled a line if Him has already came? So it would be something like:

Code:
finishes=0:true

Or something. I don't know too much about scripting. I need to know if there's a command that disables and enables lines regarding FINISHES. Yes, I already know there's a *FINISHES* that states the number of times Him has came during the game session.

Thank you for your patience.

Hum... the only way i know is to check her mood. For example, the whole game she is in normal mood. After the cum, she become Happy or Angry or Horny. So, your lines are :

pre_cum:"I wonder what comes now..." {"style":"thought","mood":"normal"}

After the cum, when she becomes, for example, happy, she will prefer a line where the happy mood is check. So you have some lines like :

pre_cum:"What she thinks after the first cum" {"style":"thought","mood":"happy"}

Bizzy

Potential Patron

Hello, I don't understand how to put the dialogue in the game..would you help me? (in german would also be okay ;))

CasualObserver

Potential Patron

I've been having a lot of trouble getting escalating finishes to work. I followed the example on the first page of this thread, but it just never seems to trigger, & the finish lines don't seem to load at all. Here's the format I've been using, for reference:

restart:"*FINISHES*"
finish1:"Etc"
finish2:"Etc"
finish3:"Etc"

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Lizoran

Potential Patron

CasualObserver said:
I've been having a lot of trouble getting escalating finishes to work. I followed the example on the first page of this thread, but it just never seems to trigger, & the finish lines don't seem to load at all. Here's the format I've been using, for reference:

Did you do write
finish:"CLEAR"
maybe that's what you're doing wrong, if you're using that format

CasualObserver

Potential Patron

Lizoran said:
CasualObserver said:

Lizoran said:
Did you do write
finish:"CLEAR"
maybe that's what you're doing wrong, if you're using that format

I have all:"CLEAR". Also, is a different format that works for escalating dialogue? Because I'm starting to think that the finishes method might just not work, or might not be as customizable as the description for it's use (in escalating dialogue) would suggest. Specifically, to have increasingly desperate/emotional statements as time goes on, based on how many times you've "finished". So, on the first time, maybe happy, but by the 5th time a little tired &/or annoyed.

Bizzy

Potential Patron

Bizzy said:
Hello, I don't understand how to put the dialogue in the game..would you help me? (in german would also be okay ;))
Can nobody help me? :( Can't be that difficult, but I don't even have any dialogue in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.