_INSTANT (DialogueActions) (1 Viewer)

Macnagum

Avid Affiliate
The line attribut _INSTANT is a great idea, really useful, but it does not work with all triggers. For example, with this simple script (and by changing the trigger [XXXXX]):
start:"[intro1_INSTANT]"
intro1_INSTANT:"[XXXXX][intro2]"
intro2:"OK"

These triggers work:
[MASTURBATE_ON]
[CLEAN_CUM]
[AH_HARD]
[HIDE_PENIS]

But these triggers cause a bug:
[HOLD]
[NORMAL_MOOD]
[LOOK_UP]
[DROOL]

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Certain (maybe all) default triggers have delay built in. So the script blocks until the delay is over... I think. Will check.

aztlan

Casual Client
Thanks for the discussion. I am unsure when or if I should be using _INSTANT to speed up empty commands.

Does _INSTANT make a line process faster if the line only contains style, settings and triggering some of line to play?

For example will it speed up the line below (or similar lines)?

Line123:"[LineABC*Var1 > 0*]"{"style":"Thought","set":{"Var2":"+1"}}

Will it prevent similar lines from displaying the annoying empty dialog boxes?

EDIT - What about turning on and off buttons? Can this be instant?

Pim_gd

Content Creator
Laaaate reply, but use _INSTANT for things like setting clothes, variables, calculations...
Do not use it for animtools positions, or anything with animations.

aztlan said:
Thanks for the discussion. I am unsure when or if I should be using _INSTANT to speed up empty commands.

Does _INSTANT make a line process faster if the line only contains style, settings and triggering some of line to play?

For example will it speed up the line below (or similar lines)?

Line123:"[LineABC*Var1 > 0*]"{"style":"Thought","set":{"Var2":"+1"}}

Will it prevent similar lines from displaying the annoying empty dialog boxes?

EDIT - What about turning on and off buttons? Can this be instant?

Your line there would already have been sped up, because it only contains a line-reference trigger. DA spots these things and doesn't wait for them.
Turning buttons on and off should be something you can make instant without issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.