you must Pay for Skyrim and Fallout mods (1 Viewer)

Naduron

Content Creator
Omg this is the dumbest shit i have ever seen xD

Paywall = NOOO
Donate the creator = YESS

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
It's dumb because it won't work. Most of the skyrim modding community runs out of nexus. Coincidentally, that's where most people get their mods from anyways. How is this creation club going to change the status quo?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
who would pay for mods anyway
How is this creation club going to change the status quo?

Buhhh, I mean people used to think paid DLCs (which I see as just 'official' game mods) were bullshit but look how prevalent and successful they are now.

You streamline, simplify and curate for consumers and they'll generally fork money over for it. Sounds like this is for consoles as well which I believe had pretty limited modding options previously. Increasing accessibility to content also makes it much more likely to succeed. Don't look at it as them selling mods; they're selling a service.

SquigglySwag

Avid Affiliate
I was pretty upset when I first saw the Creation Club announced on the stream, but now that I've thought about it some more, I think it might not be so bad.
That is, IF they get the pricing/value right. If I can spend like $30-40 total on like 10 great "Add-Ons" a year from now that all work perfectly together and expand the potential of the game far beyond the current vanilla+DLC combo, I'd probably do it. If it was quick and easy to get (significantly) more armor/weapons, enemy variety, inspired quests and locations, all matching the quality of some of the all-time great mods, I'd pay for that.
I'd ramble more but detritus already said it better and quicker than I did.

My only concern is that, if the Club is a success, then Bethesda might limit the potential of free mods for TES VI or FO5, directly or indirectly. I hope that won't result in the downfall of the sex and gore mods for the new releases. If all the skilled modders try to go professional, but not all of them get through the approval process (because Beth just can't handle overseeing too many projects at once), the rejected may (rightfully) decide to leave the "free modding" scene and work elsewhere rather than waste their time not getting paid.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
My concern with payment is I expect quality, support and many other assurances for a pay service. This isn't worthy for 98% of mods to be honest. Many issue with compatability. If i buy one mod but I didn't buy requirement mod I wasted money and am left in bad situation. When you update one mod and it break game... Or bugs... These issue I can look beyond when free content but if I pay for content I expect more and not need to worry.

I pay for professional, quality, tested product that will work in the game environment. I am happy to donate to project i feel are good and worth while. I prefer donate directly, I do not feel any platform holder should get cut of my donation.

I hope it doesn't not stay.

Coincidentally, that's where most people get their mods from anyways. How is this creation club going to change the status quo?
First you allow it as option. Pay for better mods to be on your choice only. Next you remove option for mods from other source. There will be backlashing but nothing they can't handle. Game still sells millions and bring in fortune. People dumb and buy any way. Modder make margin and platform holder get free money for their hard work. Indie will try to make replacement game but no budget and scale will compare to aaa titles.

weeaboo-kun21

Potential Patron
Buhhh, I mean people used to think paid DLCs (which I see as just 'official' game mods) were bullshit but look how prevalent and successful they are now.

You streamline, simplify and curate for consumers and they'll generally fork money over for it. Sounds like this is for consoles as well which I believe had pretty limited modding options previously. Increasing accessibility to content also makes it much more likely to succeed. Don't look at it as them selling mods; they're selling a service.

thats true about DLC being just officail mods

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
I think, the player with more income to spend on pleasure will not care and continue to spend recklessly which turn this idea profitable to some and eventual succeed because other will follow in hope to make money and appear professional. This hurt other people who do not have as much money for pleasure spending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.