Winning Putt: Needs a Nude Mod (1 Viewer)

Gone4Good

Content Creator
EDIT: Filled: See linked post
Winning Putt Nude Mod

3170775-winning-putt-poster-spring-2016.jpg

Please.....end the clothing
So Winning Putt is an online MMO where you golf. Has boob physics, can play in bra n panties if you want, and honestly I don't even know why I would need to further explain why it should have a nude mod.

Uses Cry Engine. Anyone who knows how to extract/modify/import textures/meshes in Cry Engine should please o' please make a nude mod for Winning Putt.

Here's my LL thread asking for the same thing but getting plenty of crickets instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlesh

Vivacious Visitor
I agree with this, but the game has been around for quite a while now, and I tried to gather up interest in a nude patch way back when with no one biting... My advice: See if you can create your own patch, since it seems like that will be the only way one ever gets made.

Tehman4

Potential Patron
I decided to do a bit of digging for this, and learned a few things.

First of all I think that somewhere in the files is an actual nude texture, a bug was reported where the character creator failed to load any clothes and in a screencap the user took, there was actual nipples textured, which isn't super uncommon, but it still helps.

The nice thing is that the in-game model has the underwear textured on, so if we could just get both the character creator model's texture, and the in-game model's texture, it'd be really easy to make the in-game model nude.
I tried getting textures of course but, get ready for some techno babble here, The game seems to run Directx9, which would allow Umod to hook, However it loads the .dlls from the games folders, and trying to overwrite them with Umod's .dlls ended in a crash, so Umod is a no go.

There are also .dlls for Directx11, but I see no way to make the game run dx11, and even if we did, I'm sure Resorep would fall into the same trap.
Since ripping textures directly doesn't seem possible, I searched the game files, and most of the data seems to be spread between various .pak files, I couldn't find anyway to unpack them though, but I also didn't search too hard yet.

However, turns out you can run the game even without all the .pak files, so I one by one went through, renaming a .pak file, loading the game, checking what was missing and then moving onto another one.

Unfortunately, nothing too special came of it. Though I did learn that if you "remove" objectsCWop, CWpa, CWsh1 and 2 and CWso, you can sort of walk in your underwear despite being dressed, you have to get undressed first though, or you'll just be a floating head, and I'm pretty sure the same applies for other players too, nice if you're shy leaving your character in your underwear for everyone to see... Or something... I guess?

The only other interesting files were objectsCOCo, CW and CWBB, as they all unload the character model when missing. Its possible the body textures are stored in one of those 3 files, though I'm not sure if the nude texture will be there too or not. Also, GameData.pak causes the game to hang on the loading screen, so I wouldn't mess with that one.

So, put everything together and we just need to find a way to unpack and then repack one of those 3 .pak files and we'll be golden! Hopefully narrowing the field of search this much inspires people to help mod this game, as the character models are quite nice, and I think golfing in the nude would be a first.

TL;DR Nothing usable right now, but unpacking some .paks might help.

Vlesh

Vivacious Visitor
Could try the unpacker for the Gust games. Same one used for Blue Reflection. SweetK i believe.

Good sleuthing though, for real.

Tehman4

Potential Patron
Special K did manage to hook after a bit of jumping through hoops, though I can't see to get it to create a Winning Putt profile, and either I can't find where it's dumping textures to, or its not dumping them at all. Might just be me screwing something up though.

Interestingly, the character creator's model doesn't seem to have an actual body texture, or something, the only file that seemed to have anything to do with that model was 4x4 which doesn't make sense to me.

Of course, the normal in-game model does indeed just have the underwear textured on, so someone could likely draw something up. Plus as a bonus, I THINK that the entire body is loaded under the clothing, so theoretically we could turn the clothes invisible and have everybody in the buff all the time, Cause I mean, Why not?

But still, we can't do anything till we get textures to work with, so either someone more used to the tool can try it out, or we could try searching for another tool to use instead. I dunno.

As of posting this though, the game is going to be under maintenance in about an hour, so I'll have to get back to it later.

Felldude

Content Creator
Winning Putt Nude Mod

I decided to do a bit of digging for this, and learned a few things.

Unfortunately, nothing too special came of it. Though I did learn that if you "remove" objectsCWop, CWpa, CWsh1 and 2 and CWso, you can sort of walk in your underwear despite being dressed, you have to get undressed first though, or you'll just be a floating head, and I'm pretty sure the same applies for other players too, nice if you're shy leaving your character in your underwear for everyone to see... Or something... I guess?

I recommended using that method for people who wanted to benefit from clothing and the lack there of.

The only other interesting files were objectsCOCo, CW and CWBB, as they all unload the character model when missing. Its possible the body textures are stored in one of those 3 files, though I'm not sure if the nude texture will be there too or not. Also, GameData.pak causes the game to hang on the loading screen, so I wouldn't mess with that one.

I suspect CWBB, The crydecrypter should work with this game, with the RSA key that is in the launcher of winning putt, but it doesn't. I would guess the zip structure is slightly different.

Texmod will pull some textures but not the body texture for some reason.

Attachments

• Winning Putt.jpg
    Winning Putt.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 4,026
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.