1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you into the zako theme?

Discussion in 'Zako' started by Amazon Shark, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Amazon Shark

Amazon Shark Casual Client

I'm curious as to how everyone here came to realize they like zakos, and when did you realize?

For me, when I was really young, I watched Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles a lot, especially the first 2 TMNT movies from the early 90s. I liked the idea of the "putties" from Power Rangers, or the "Foot Soldiers" from TMNT, and I recall having a dream back then where there was a fight between a hero, and putties, the putties were actually female friends of mine in the putty outfit, and they fought the hero, were defeated, most were KO'd, and they were all caught in a net and couldn't get out.

As for the WHY? part of it, I don't really know, all I know is I thought it was hot to imagine female fighters, similarly dressed, being defeated by the hero, who doesn't give them a second glance, because they are expendable hench(wo)men.

When I was a little older, I got the first TMNT movie on DVD, and I would imagine the foot soldiers as girls I knew from school (even though they were dudes in the movie, I somehow got over that aspect).

Years later, I kind of forgot about all of that, and it wasn't until a few years ago, while looking through boards like EvilBabes and Deadskirts that I found some scenes with actual zako henchwomen (Million Eyes of Sumuru, Amazons vs Supermen), as well as discovering the Female Combatant series from Zen-Pictures. When I discovered Zen-Pictures, it was like a dream come true, as they were dressed similarly to the putty or Foot Soldiers. The rest is recent history.

Once I found this site over a year ago, my zako collection has doubled, at least. So thanks everyone, for your contributions. Now how did you come to realize you enjoy zako?

2. NNin

NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

Because of many anime and games. But mostly games.

When I was young, I think female zako are more enjoyable to fight with in games. Because many of them got quit a moves and looks, such as Poison. (What? It's he? XD) Many of them are also challenging.
    I think it's Tenchu kunoichi zako that brought me into this. They can fight quite well but beatable. They are skilled enough to defeat you even in 1-on-1 though, especially in Tenchu 2 which AI got somewhat button reading ability at highest difficult.

While zako disposal and body pile are good. A scene when they can be a match is more attractive me.

3. Kimblis

Kimblis Avid Affiliate Ryonani Teamster

My interest in zako stemmed originally from games, but has since branched out, especially to live-action zako.

Games featured the first zako I was exposed to. I think games continue to offer the widest variety of zako and the most creative scenarios for encountering and defeating those zako. (Just think of "Crazy Fight", a game I found and posted recently in the action game thread, where you send cute female criminals flying with blasts from a shoulder-mounted grenade launcher).

Also, games put you in control of the action, but under certain constraints from the developers. It became interesting to me when developers created a game with female enemies, and the only way to progress in the game was to ruthlessly eliminate those female enemies. It seemed like many games put the player in situations that encouraged defeating those female enemies using quite brutal methods, while being completely casual about it.

Examples of the casual ruthlessness abound.
    However, the first example I remember, and the first female zako I remember, was probably the whip zako from Vendetta/Crime Fighters 2. I was a little kid in an arcade, watching several older kids play this beat-em up game, and one of the enemies was a blonde whip lady in skimpy clothes. I remember the two players ganging up on her, one holding her from behind while the other punched her, and then when she collapsed to the ground, she started wiggling her ass, so the players then did ground attacks until she stopped moving. Then they continued with the level.
    I made some gifs/sprite edits. XD I guess it went something like this:
    Vendetta Zako Gif 01.gif Vendetta Zako Gif 02.gif Vendetta Zako Gif 03.gif Vendetta Zako Aftermath.png

I also vaguely remember playing Double Dragon for Sega Genesis as a kid. Somehow we found out that if you backed the Linda enemy into a corner, she could not get out or fight back, and thus you could punch her continually to rack up points and eventually gain an extra life. Thus my friend and I would each gain an extra life from punching Linda in the first level, then finish her off and move on.
    DDGen Gif1.gif DDGen Gif2.gif
    Soozie/Garnet from Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle is the first female enemy I remember who did not have the whip/dominatrix theme going...she was just a regular enemy, much like the male enemies, and she was treated no differently. She shows up on the first level and throughout the game, and the players are expected to be just as brutal to her as they are to any other enemies. In fact, it seemed to me that by giving her a punk style (rather than the more classically feminine styles of Blaze or Electra), the developers seemed to encourage the players to view her as just a regular enemy to be ruthlessly disposed of. And there were plenty of opportunities to attack Soozie/Garnet with weapons, or throw her from high places, etc.
    No Soozie/Garnet gifs yet...sorry, I'm all giffed out this weekend.

Anyway, as I said my interest has branched out, and is now more on live-action zako. But I still like zako from games, because the scenarios and variety are interesting and fun to think about.

4. TheCrimsonRisk

TheCrimsonRisk Club Regular Ryonani Teamster

So you're saying that ryona saves lives? Good to know.

Loved all those gifs too, great post!

5. mm_mml

mm_mml Vivacious Visitor

Do you have a better gif of that?

6. horatiojones80

horatiojones80 Vivacious Visitor

I've seen a lot of movies and played a lot of games where guys get taken out by the 100s. I guess it's somewhat refreshing to see it happen to women, especially when the protag is a woman as well, not that i in any way like violence against women in real life, but in fantasy a nice break from the typical fantasy cliche's. I mean i'm sure there are women that watch action movies and have a similar response.

I think it started with the game True Crime Streets of LA where you had to fight those strippers. Also that scene in Paycheck where Uma Therman takes out the body double and you get a great shot of the girls butt while she's down. I posted this in the original zako thread.

7. Minion

Minion Avid Affiliate

Amazibng, my story is almost exactly the same. I loved the Putties when I was av kid and liked to imagine them as female (they weren't just defeated, they were humiliated)
    I was interested when I found out that some of the putties were played by stuntwomen, burt it's so fast that it's only noticeable in some scenes.
    The avengers episode "how to succeed.....at murder" was another early introduction to zako for me. It was also the first time I saw bad girls in leotards getting thrown into a bodypile.

I always like the over-the top action scenes (putties and TMNT, 60s Batman batfights, jackie chan fights....), wish they included women instead of men.

The reason i like zakos in particular (more than the main villainess) is because they are not powerful or fully developed characters, leaving their back story to interpretation. these women are the girls next door or old classmates from highschool. This could again tie-in with Amazon Sharks imagining of female friends as putties.

Now that I've graduated from university and found a job, I'm planing to make some of these dreams a reality. I'd like to set up different scenarios, different costumes and different KO positions, and perhaps hire a custom remake of some favorite scenes.

8. Stuelpner_Karl

Stuelpner_Karl Avid Affiliate

Sumuru, Amazons vs Supermen, Armour of Gods, as well as, for male Zako, Black Belt Jones.

But several years before watching any of these, I saw Sexmission:
    12-10-201216-34-34_zps9ebd60cc.jpg
    As far as I remember, I didn't really care for the plot, even though it's not a "bad movie". (Produced in communist Poland, it's pretty clever, if you read between lines.)

But for me it had some stuff I like to this day, including the style of their uniforms and scenes like a group of stick-wielding riot cops being overpowered or a couple of guards outsmarted, relieved of their uniforms, tied up rather tight to be discovered by an angry superior.

A lot was left to fantasy, not really shown, but it was good nonetheless.

9. Amazon Shark

^ That sounds really good. Can you provide clips from Sexmisssion? Also, Armour of Gods? I don't know what that is.

10. Stuelpner_Karl

Sex Mission | Trailer 1 von 1
    Search for "Sexmisja"! (I don't know if the complete movie is online somewhere.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  11. isidore

isidore Potential Patron

there a long time ago , when I was younger , I saw in a movie péplum called " Hercules against the Amazons ." It was the first time I discovered that women could be warriors . Still had it that these women either " badgirls " to be fought by men. From that day I began to search for movies, TV shows, comics and games in which women warriors were defeated after a victorious battle that suggested their evil intentions! Since these women have become Zakos but the scenario that interest me are always the same . I prefer fighting M / F but possibly with a sense of reality. To compensate for the greater strength of men , girls have must be more numérous , a report of 3/1 seems to be egalitarian , and a ratio of 5/1 can give a much more difficult fight , it must be that males have a little difficulty ! in my mind all this is of course that of fantasy , I formally condemns violence against women
    my favorites film " supermen against the amazons " in which there is the best "body pile " of Amazons in the history of cinema, outside of this film sequence , it is unfortunate that most of the fighting with the Amazons are made with male stunt. My favorite game is "return to castle wolfenstein" in which there is very sexy "SS Girls" to eliminated and my favorite comics are comics published in France during the years 70/80 "Gold Boy" where the hero fights against an evil babes and Zakos whose hero make a fairly large consumption!

12. battlevampiress

battlevampiress Potential Patron

Well....welll.....I can't quite remember what actually started it, but I do remember evil henchwomen from one Episode of the cartoon show Odysseus 31. I was already into the theme by then, but of course I didn't know.

I wonder, are Zakos always EVIL? I ask, because one of the most vivid scenes from a live action movie is the beginning of Red Sonja, where a group of priestesses is slaughtered by the raiders of the sorceress Gedren. They all wear rather skimpy armor and there are some bloody (but not overly bloody) deaths in this big combat scene, right at the beginning of the movie.
    I do consider this scene in the same vein as other Zako scenes, because in the end these priestesses / amazons are unimportant characters, fighters and dressed in a fashion that makes them easily recognizable as a group.

13. Stuelpner_Karl

In the final battle of Sumuru, scores of male cops are mowed down and neither their superior charges nor the heros seem to care at all. (Stuff like this also happens in many Hong Kong action movies.)

Cops are GOOD Zakos in many movies, not just in Asia. They often have typical Zako features, as they act not really smart, so one skilled fighter can take them out by the dozen. Many times the villains kill the men and women who try to protect a witness, the hero kills the villains, the witness can testify against the evil leader, then move on to the happy end with the hero and nobody thinks of those who gave their life again.

14. Amazon Shark

I think Zako are usually evil, but there are exceptions. Xena: Warrior Princess episode "From Helicon and Back" is a great example. I still have to upload that one soon. I prefer when they're evil though.

15. sindragoon

sindragoon Vivacious Visitor

Glad I am not the only one into putties especially the Z putties. Their chest armors look like bras and i like the way they squirm around when defeated. I also like the fact that hey have no belts which reveal their shapes better than many female combatants zakos that have giant belts around them. I also like that their masks do not reveal their eyes giving them a more canon-fodder appearance.

I saw others posting stuffs about liking putties such as pictures and even sexual fantasies. Here is some pics of female putties
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wom...oVChMI0NzV68jNyAIVhloeC#imgrc=3tLnH1QAEj1-8M:

Random - Z Putty Meets Her Fate - Sexyamazons.com Art - Female combat, Death fetish, Amazon battle

16. Kargan3033

Kargan3033 Swell Supporter

Well for me I'm starting to warm up to Zako, it was never a big draw for me most of my life but it's nice to see that not all of society puts women up on petstals and that women can be considered to be *Bad Guys(Gals)* in droves like men.

I think one of the reasons for my growing intrest in Zako is because of an older Warhammer 40,000 RTS game called Dawn Of War:Soul Storm that has the Sisters Of Battle as not only a playable faction but also an enemy faction which can rack up body piles(of a sort) if you turn on the persistent bodies option in the game.

17. ran

ran Vivacious Visitor

When I was a kid, I watched many action movies/games. I felt excited sometimes but got bored that most females in it are protagonists (and their performance is pretty much the same!). Gradually I felt men and women should be equal, usually way more cameras focus on female fighters than male, which is not right. I think when a female fighter is defeated/killed, she should not be emphasized more than male instead of adding close-ups and music for her.
    Later, while I saw some arcade games like Denjin Makaii 2, I realized it is female zako I want.

Kargan3033 likes this.