WARNING! ImageBam closes on June 30th 2017!!! (EDIT: in fact, no) (1 Viewer)

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello

I just noticed that the image hosting site ImageBam.com will close on June 30th.
So if you use this site to host images for our forum, you shall host them elsewhere and edit your posts accordingly.
If you know some members using it (like @ArcheoPtide), please notify them below or send them a private message, or their post will soon be full of
fz79v0S.png
and our forum will become a big mess.

I suggest to use Imgur instead as it is nearly the only free site to allow "adult" images and that can show different sizes of thumbnails. Also, I guess it is one of the few image hosting sites to be economically viable.

Now I need to edit most of my posts, I have litterally thousands of backgrounds and example images hosted there (around 3000 to be precise, something like 4Go).

:eek::frown::confused::mad:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
It seems that things has changed. There is not more notice on ImageBam that their site is going to close.

I sent them an email asking how could I download quickly all my images hosted there and they answered me this:
Ingrid Mueller said:
ImageBam is a free service with more than 10 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online. Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

The recent support from the community has been amazing.. Thank you, you rock! We will always be here for you and your files: Permanently, Reliably & Free!

Sincerely,
The Team

They still seem to have some little problems with their database, but the images on the forum seem to be displayed correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.