Voice actors making pain/death sounds (1 Viewer)

Ryonanon

Avid Affiliate
So in a different spin of things, I'd like to discuss about the person behind the character moaning and groaning. Stuff like this video at 1:54, the game is Counter Strike Online 2 and the voice actor of Choi Ji Yoon is seen recording the sound of her character being heavily hit, or at 1:00 where Kim Mai Guest records a few pained sounds before a death sound and is moaning on camera or even where Cherami Leigh is recording a fight scene and is seen grunting and groaning to match the scenes of lucy being hurt

It could even be an interview like for Vindictus, where Alisha's MabinogiJP seiyuu, Chihiro Ishiguro talks about how she had to lower the pitch of her voice when grunting and groaning, and how she recorded her death moans 50 times because she wanted to get the tense feeling of alisha dying right

I'd love to see if you guys have any such videos/interviews of voice actors talking or recording ryona sounds

Rag40

Swell Supporter
If you like choking/gurgling type sounds, Kari Wahlgren posted some stuff on her twitter from her The Last of Us 2 sessions:

While I hate TLoU2, the ryona sounds are really good. Too bad all the characters look like homeless bums, lol.

BunnyGunGirl

Potential Patron
It's a shame they only showed one version Choi Ji Yoon's pain noise, I would've loved to see her VA recording the death noises. Though I guess getting the heavily hit one instead of a weaker pain noise is a good compromise.

Ryonanon

Avid Affiliate
I've got a few more things to share, here's Ahri's korean voice actress, Lee Yong Shin, mimicking a part of Ahri's death moan

and here's her tweet talking about it, apparently her death moan was so seductive she got red listening to it

If you like choking/gurgling type sounds, Kari Wahlgren posted some stuff on her twitter from her The Last of Us 2 sessions:

While I hate TLoU2, the ryona sounds are really good. Too bad all the characters look like homeless bums, lol.

very nice! please do share more of them if you have any

It's a shame they only showed one version Choi Ji Yoon's pain noise, I would've loved to see her VA recording the death noises. Though I guess getting the heavily hit one instead of a weaker pain noise is a good compromise.
yeah, it sucks. Choi Ji Yoon has some great death sounds and I'm sad we didn't get to see any of them, the heavy hurt sound and seeing her recoil back was great though, at the very least

Edit: Here's an Enderal voice actor: Lara Loft, recording her death moans and then laughing about it after. Unfortunately, I do not understand german so I do not know what she is saying. She did comment that she loves to die in the comment section however, so i can assume that she likes moaning quite a bit. I like that she collected herself quickly after delievering such 2 great moans, I hope someone will be able to translate her comments after. If anyone is interested she also did Lunara's german voice in HOTS and Sombra's german voice in Overwatch, both characters have really really good pain/death moans

Last edited:

BunnyGunGirl

Potential Patron
Yeah. The sound felt very genuine especially with the recoil. Out of all the CSO2 ladies Choi Ji Yoon has the best death sound out of them all.

EDIT: Wow those Enderal death moans are perfectly done!

Last edited:

BunnyGunGirl

Potential Patron
For anyone interested I recorded the Choi Ji Yoon heavily hurt sound and uploaded it separately for easy replay ability. I might do the other sounds in this thread if people request them.

Ryonanon

Avid Affiliate

Bumping with an interview with Seo Yuri, who voiced Ashe, original Sivir and Janna in league of legends. According to this interview, Seo Yuri also recorded sounds of pain and death moans for these characters but regretfully, they were never used. It's too bad we will never hear them because her death moans for Ashe's 2013 and project voices are amazing and I would have liked to hear her take for the moans of original sivir. Wonder if she wanted people to hear them too since she said she liked the game a lot and regretted that the death moans weren't used

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.