Villainess Vanquished or Heroine Humbled? (1 Viewer)

junkydog

Avid Affiliate
Definitely love the heroine losing, and badly. But, I like to be assured that the heroine is ordinarily powerful or competent, so that it comes as a shock to her and to the audience that she is suffering such a brutal beatdown. Compelled by her moral code to struggle until the very end, the heroine desperately fights back, which makes it all the more pitiful when those efforts turn out to be futile.

Exactly. I also prefer the heroine to look physically strong and powerful.

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
I love to see a badass hero or heroine, who enjoys to inflict as much damage as possible ("silencing sentries is good, make them scream is better"), destroying a cute baddie or a group of henchwomen, who are working for a boss much more evil then them.

I'm only interested when the villainess (or even better, multiple villainesses) are harshly defeated by the hero. I guess because in that type of scenario, the violence towards the evil babes is considered justified, and the hero can even get away with being quite brutal and ruthless without looking like he/she is doing anything wrong. Plus I like the idea of cocky, arrogant evil babes suddenly becoming weak, vulnerable and helpless.
This is an interesting perspective, because it is the exact opposite conclusion that I reach. Namely, that heroes tend to be more merciful especially when they have the upper hand, while villains are generally the ruthless ones who won't let morality get in the way of their heroine ass-kicking.
But for villainess being defeated, there's usually an air of shock and wonderment about them. Its especially gratifying when they are bested by an anti-hero of some kind who is likely to return the favor to them, or just somebody who is willing to go that extra mile to make them regret what they've done.
This pretty much sums it up.

E

endofallthings

I'm very much on the majority side here, as for me it has to be the good guys (girls, rather!), that is utterly defeated. I'm also not a fan of someone being 'tricked' into defeat - rather I prefer them to be soundly physically beaten - it's part of their dawning realization that they're not all powerful after all.

Thereafter, once helpless, I like to see them taken apart physically, mentally, sexually and spiritually, so at the end they are completely overwhelmed and actually beg for death to bring an end to their suffering.

I often also enjoy it when the heroine's defeat also leads to the loss of the cause they were fighting for - it adds to their emotional torment and despair at the end.

I guess I have a bit of a Grimdark perspective on this, that means only a heroine defeat will do!

I started writing fiction relating to this quite recently...if anyone's interested, I posted my first story here.

zer

Potential Patron
One thing I like about vanquished villainesses is when they know they've been bad and they deserve what's comming, and then they know they're going to get it. That they can't hope to make the good ones feel sorry for her and best case scenario she gets all the damage she's done, and probably with interests. I guess it's best if she doesn't fight it, because she knows she deserves and nothing she can do can spare her from it.

D

David Dicks

There is almost never a time I'm not rooting for the bad guy or girl to defeat the heroine. The more one sided and humiliating the better. I especially like when they make a trophy of the defeated heroine.

Kiri-Ryona

Potential Patron
I'm definitely for the heroine humbled scenario, but it's usually more a heroine humiliated scenario. I like to see favorite heroines endure this, but also my own heroines from fic I wrote, or ones that were imported in MMOs.

Psythe

Potential Patron
Heroine or Villainess Ryona?

While it seems that most ryona enthusiasts prefer the heroine to be on the receiving end of most of the ryona in a 'good girl vs bad girl' conflict (myself included), I've been wondering what people's thoughts are on the topic, and just how many people prefer one or the other.

Do you prefer the Heroine or Villainess to take most of the ryona, and/or be the losing party?

Details surrounding your given preference are welcomed. What do you think?

Stuelpner_Karl

Swell Supporter
It's somewhere in the middle, as the beating is supposed to be seen as a well-deserved comeuppance while I love to empathize with the person who gets it.

More interesting than the Heroine or the Villainess are characters who are "insignificant to the story and simply there to be thrashed or killed" - but, in my imagination, are also rather likeable persons outside of the story.

Small fry baddies are perfect, but also lazy security personnel or overconfident fighters. No conscripts, no poor peasants, just people who get themselves, by ignorance or greed, into serious trouble.

Continue?

Ryonani Teamster
Writer
Author
love seeing the villainess destroy the heroine. Particularly when the heroine fails her mission or whatever as a result.

Mardion

Potential Patron
I like both instances in theory, but after giving it some thought, I prefer for the heroine to be the one to receive the beating. For one because it's easier to empathize with her rather than a villainess, and for the other because it makes more sense for the villainess to be the one performing and painful violent moves on the heroine to the point where she renders her unconscious, rather than the opposite. However I'd be equally OK with the villainess receiving the pain if the story around the confrontation and the excessive violence is good enough.

Louise Lareau

Potential Patron
Definitely "heroine humbled" for me. The triumph of dumb brute force over skill and experience is a particular kink of mine!

Mariposa

Potential Patron
I like both at the same time: where the heroine defeats and captures the villainess, but the villainess has already poisoned the heroine's mind and she loses the battle known as "self" and busts her former arch-enemy out of the pokey.

Snowballs

Ryonani Teamster
There's something about a conquered villianess that I like... maybe, when they are hot.

06.jpg

giugo

Swell Supporter
In the short, made-for-online film "Die Die My Darling" the hero chick is very brutal towards the female henchwomen she fights (too brutal for my tastes):

I know the message (and thread) is very old but I was searching the full 'Die Die My Darling' clip in good quality, only saw a 360p quality on Youtube. After this scene the 'heroine' brutally beaten up a super hot nazi redhead, anyone has a link in HD, or 480 about that. That scene is awesome.

navelgirl

Potential Patron
Personally I quite like seeing evil villainesses backstabbed and humbled by other villainesses :P Especially in front of the heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.