Shadow of the Tomb Raider (1 Viewer)

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
It's considered a courtesy to modders to post a screenshot showing the game's potential for modding when making a request.

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
this game is basically Rise of the Tomb Raider all over again, in fact some of the DLC is just costumes from the previous game, so modding it should be the same as modding RotTR.

in terms of ryona/guro honestly i think it's even worse than RotTR. the animations are mostly just reused, and so is most of the voice acting.

fonglee

Content Creator
modding "Shadow of the Tomb Raider"" you need:

- The game
- Special K Tool (by Kaldaien)
- Photoshop (Gimp should work as well)
- Intel texture Works Plugin for Photoshop
- Notepad ++ (Optional)

And windows 10 apparently, because nothing I have done will allow special K's tool to dump the original texture files. It does load the modded ones just fine on W7. but without the original textures I'm kinda stymied here...:mad:

So, if anyone here that can get it to dump the original textures would be so kind to zip them up and post them here, that would be REALLY helpful! :wink:

Last edited:

fonglee

Content Creator
Oh, yeah I did, see on w7 when you open that render window where it shows the game running at the bottom with a list of textures that you scroll through above it? It's all completely blank here, no running game, no list, no textures...:mad::mad::mad:

fonglee

Content Creator
But that's the thing though, w7 has dx11, special K only works with dx11, the only advantage w10 has is dx12 which is useless for this...it's beyond frustrating. Do you by any chance have the game? And is special K working for you? If so, would you be so kind to fire it up, put on the AOD outfit to see what the number of the texture is? Apparently they changed the number between games otherwise my modded one would work...

Oh, just wonderful, special K won't let the game start if fraps is running, tried taking a screenshot with the in game camera mode, said it did, went looking for it nada, not with the saves, not in my users folder....great. Was trying to show what little progress I made last night modding a sheer version of the default outfit in green and white but it seems that's not going to happen...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

fonglee

Content Creator
I have the Original Game but at this time I have not tested the K Tool.
Have you played any of it yet? Really curious to see if your reaction to it will be similar to mine. In my opinion they did an absolutely fantastic job with this game. This was what I was hoping Legend would have been like when CD took over. There are parts where I definitely felt lost in a good way! It's been many years since I've felt that way playing Tombraider! :grin: (for reference the very first game is my favorite, I remember starting the second and almost instantly getting shot at by merc's and thinking what have they done to my game!)

I do have some boneheaded decisions they made to complain about though, like why she has to wear a dress for what amounts to about half the game? But even that can be overlooked considering what a blast I had going through this game...:cool:

Edit; while looking for that screenshot I happened across a new folder in SK_Res called dump, and lo and behold it has a SOTTR.exe folder that has all 4 gigs of the original textures! I guess that ini setting worked after all! lol
Time to get to work! :smile:

Edit #2; it seems it's not a complete dump after all, the AOD outfit and in game thumbnail were there of course with a different number! grrr, but TR II only had the thumbnail no texture. The desert tank top only had 2 texture files and no bump maps :( ROTTR had 3 with the matching bump maps. But that doesn't matter to my game anyhow because it's the only outfit that isn't unlocked yet, so any changes I can't test, no idea why. I loved playing this game but modding it is proving to be a real PIA! But on a happy note I can play with a nude AOD outfit now! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

klassiersieb

Club Regular
Sorry Iam from Germany and I don't understand your complete text.

I did not play Underworld. The other games I play all.

fonglee

Content Creator
Sorry Iam from Germany and I don't understand your complete text.

I did not play Underworld. The other games I play all.

I know where you're from, and the fact that you can both read and write in two different languages is awesome! lol

No, I was saying it brought back memories I haven't had since the original game, Tombraider 1 from 1996,(yes, I'm that old...) and how I was not keen on changes they made to 2 in 97...they turned a game I loved, where you were all alone wandering around trying to sort out where to go and what to do with the occasional animal attack to keep you on your toes...into some shooter based game where you also solve puzzles. But the second game sold much better than the first, so they stuck with that premise until Shadow was released. This game is a lot closer to that very first game in spirit than any other one in the last 20 years...I loved it! :cool:

So a little update from yesterday, it was definitely an incomplete texture dump but still not sure if the one I've got currently is; yesterday just over 4 gb, today slightly more than 7.5 gb, but I have found 1 of the bump maps for the desert tank top! Only need 1 more, the problem is that I have to convert the dds files to jpg to visually check them and out of 8000 it only converted 6000 properly, the rest I have to load 1 at a time into photoshop...that sucks. :wat:

Ok, here's a test package of my SOTTR Sheer mod if anyone would like to try it!
I still haven't found that elusive texture for the dark tank top but all but 1 of the ones I had for ROTTR are here. Oh and that green and white sheer default as well. Also I redid the AOD nude and sheer, looks much better now! Sorry to the one person who managed to download the old nude.

Please if you download the SOTTR file give me some feedback on if it works, if anything is wonky with the desert tank top, the AOD and default outfit I know is working...:wink:

Last edited:

fonglee

Content Creator
Alrighty then, quick question for anyone that has this game and the desert tank top, dark tank top. Was it available at the start of the game like the AOD outfit? Did you have to find it some where? I have finished the main game and all the tombs that I've found but not started a NG+....:confused:

P.S. Sorry for the double post.

Juls

Casual Client
A few pics that Fleet asked for. I hope this helps.

rsz_shadow-tomb-raider-hunt.jpg

rsz_tomb-raider-3-1105138.jpg

tekmarvl

Swell Supporter
I know where you're from, and the fact that you can both read and write in two different languages is awesome! lol

No, I was saying it brought back memories I haven't had since the original game, Tombraider 1 from 1996,(yes, I'm that old...) and how I was not keen on changes they made to 2 in 97...they turned a game I loved, where you were all alone wandering around trying to sort out where to go and what to do with the occasional animal attack to keep you on your toes...into some shooter based game where you also solve puzzles. But the second game sold much better than the first, so they stuck with that premise until Shadow was released. This game is a lot closer to that very first game in spirit than any other one in the last 20 years...I loved it! :cool:

So a little update from yesterday, it was definitely an incomplete texture dump but still not sure if the one I've got currently is; yesterday just over 4 gb, today slightly more than 7.5 gb, but I have found 1 of the bump maps for the desert tank top! Only need 1 more, the problem is that I have to convert the dds files to jpg to visually check them and out of 8000 it only converted 6000 properly, the rest I have to load 1 at a time into photoshop...that sucks. :wat:

Ok, here's a test package of my SOTTR Sheer mod if anyone would like to try it!
I still haven't found that elusive texture for the dark tank top but all but 1 of the ones I had for ROTTR are here. Oh and that green and white sheer default as well. Also I redid the AOD nude and sheer, looks much better now! Sorry to the one person who managed to download the old nude.

Please if you download the SOTTR file give me some feedback on if it works, if anything is wonky with the desert tank top, the AOD and default outfit I know is working...:wink:

Hey fonglee, just wanted to give you some feedback on the test mods you did for SOTTR, and I can verify that the SOTTR sheer outfit works well in game for the blue and black Adventurer tank top, however I don't know whether it was intentional, but as soon as the mod is applied and you go to change outfits at camp, the color of the tank top becomes white and green, and yes you can see Lara's nips clearly peeking through.

Also, as you had stated in your post, the AOD nude is working in game, and I haven't had the chance to test out the AOD sheer (but I'm sure that it is working just as well).

On another modding forum that I'm a member of, I've already seen some pretty interesting things that can be done in SOTTR using the Special K Mod tool, such as some modders already having produced a face texture replacer for Lara giving her a slightly new look to her facial features, as well as adding camouflage to some weapons and gears, and making some color adjustments and variations to already existing costumes that you can obtain in the game.

As with the previous two games, the 2013 Reboot, and ROTTR, you can take side missions and explore crypts to find new outfits, and you can also craft them from rare animals you hunt during your expeditions, but the thing I like most about SOTTR is the market place that they introduced into the third game, where you can sell gold and jade to merchants and purchase rare new items and weapons, if you don't feel like taking on every mission and exploring every crypt you come across. I've already picked up, crafted, and bought some pretty interesting and rare animal and ancient Inca type outfits. My favorites among them happen to be the Serpent Guard, an ancient looking Peruvian outfit sold to you by one of the elderly looking merchants in Paititi who wears tribal face paint, a Jaguar skin outfit, a Wolf skin outfit, and an outfit crafted out of Eagle skin feathers.

While there are plenty of outfits to buy, find, and craft as well as many weapons and items / artifacts to collect in the game, what I have yet to see any modder do, and what I am also hoping is achievable, is to have Lara in a tank top with short shorts. I have already seen this done in the previous game ROTTR. So if it was possible to have this in ROTTR, would the same not hold true for what could be done in SOTTR as well?

I'm not just talking about the classic skins like AOD for example that are carried over from previous game saves into SOTTR when you start up a new game either for the first time. What I would really like to see, is Lara in something other than long pants being worn throughout the whole game. I don't know why these so called SJWS have to go and taint some of the games we play and soil it with their BS by covering up a game model if they feel that a little too much skin is being shown. Oh no... Lara's legs are exposed, well let's just cover those up with long pants to make her look more modest.

I have to admit that I do rather enjoy playing through the trilogy reboot of the Tomb Raider series, but I'm glad that I can always go back to playing the previous versions of Tomb Raider before the trilogy, and enjoy Lara like she was meant to be, adventurous and not not afraid to expose some skin before this whole SJW nonsense took a step into the new trilogy series.

Also, back on track fonglee, I wanted to add that I posed a question to a game modder on another game modding forum to ask out of curiosity what could be done and how far the new modding tool could get a modder to achieve what he wanted to do, such as changing or manipulating the mesh of the model character. The modder in reply to the question, said that modding the mesh directly for the character, if say someone wanted to give Lara a more muscular build for her arms and legs, or make her a little more bustier, was not achievable with the new modding tool: Special K, as only changes to the textures of the character models, including any weapons or gear could be done currently.

I hope this helps you out, and also I was wondering if you might be able to do something with the actual in game model for Lara to create a possible full nude skin. I know that this is already achievable for one of the classic Lara skins for AOD, but could this also be applied to the actual game model for Lara in SOTTR?

If you are up to taking requests for outfits, I have a great idea that you could use, that might not be too hard to make.
My idea is this: How about creating a skin for Lara that makes her gold in color from head to toe, with golden gear and weapons included. This skin could be called the Midas touch. Since we know that changing textures in the game is achievable with Special K, this shouldn't be too hard to do right?

If you need a visual guide, just let me know and I could make one for you. However it's pretty straight forward, as the skin would just involve Lara being covered with a golden skin tone from head to toe, and applying that same color to her weapons and gear.

fonglee

Content Creator
Hey fonglee, just wanted to give you some feedback on the test mods you did for SOTTR, and I can verify that the SOTTR sheer outfit works well in game for the blue and black Adventurer tank top, however I don't know whether it was intentional, but as soon as the mod is applied and you go to change outfits at camp, the color of the tank top becomes white and green, and yes you can see Lara's nips clearly peeking through.

Also, as you had stated in your post, the AOD nude is working in game, and I haven't had the chance to test out the AOD sheer (but I'm sure that it is working just as well).

On another modding forum that I'm a member of, I've already seen some pretty interesting things that can be done in SOTTR using the Special K Mod tool, such as some modders already having produced a face texture replacer for Lara giving her a slightly new look to her facial features, as well as adding camouflage to some weapons and gears, and making some color adjustments and variations to already existing costumes that you can obtain in the game.

As with the previous two games, the 2013 Reboot, and ROTTR, you can take side missions and explore crypts to find new outfits, and you can also craft them from rare animals you hunt during your expeditions, but the thing I like most about SOTTR is the market place that they introduced into the third game, where you can sell gold and jade to merchants and purchase rare new items and weapons, if you don't feel like taking on every mission and exploring every crypt you come across. I've already picked up, crafted, and bought some pretty interesting and rare animal and ancient Inca type outfits. My favorites among them happen to be the Serpent Guard, an ancient looking Peruvian outfit sold to you by one of the elderly looking merchants in Paititi who wears tribal face paint, a Jaguar skin outfit, a Wolf skin outfit, and an outfit crafted out of Eagle skin feathers.

While there are plenty of outfits to buy, find, and craft as well as many weapons and items / artifacts to collect in the game, what I have yet to see any modder do, and what I am also hoping is achievable, is to have Lara in a tank top with short shorts. I have already seen this done in the previous game ROTTR. So if it was possible to have this in ROTTR, would the same not hold true for what could be done in SOTTR as well?

I'm not just talking about the classic skins like AOD for example that are carried over from previous game saves into SOTTR when you start up a new game either for the first time. What I would really like to see, is Lara in something other than long pants being worn throughout the whole game. I don't know why these so called SJWS have to go and taint some of the games we play and soil it with their BS by covering up a game model if they feel that a little too much skin is being shown. Oh no... Lara's legs are exposed, well let's just cover those up with long pants to make her look more modest.

I have to admit that I do rather enjoy playing through the trilogy reboot of the Tomb Raider series, but I'm glad that I can always go back to playing the previous versions of Tomb Raider before the trilogy, and enjoy Lara like she was meant to be, adventurous and not not afraid to expose some skin before this whole SJW nonsense took a step into the new trilogy series.

Also, back on track fonglee, I wanted to add that I posed a question to a game modder on another game modding forum to ask out of curiosity what could be done and how far the new modding tool could get a modder to achieve what he wanted to do, such as changing or manipulating the mesh of the model character. The modder in reply to the question, said that modding the mesh directly for the character, if say someone wanted to give Lara a more muscular build for her arms and legs, or make her a little more bustier, was not achievable with the new modding tool: Special K, as only changes to the textures of the character models, including any weapons or gear could be done currently.

I hope this helps you out, and also I was wondering if you might be able to do something with the actual in game model for Lara to create a possible full nude skin. I know that this is already achievable for one of the classic Lara skins for AOD, but could this also be applied to the actual game model for Lara in SOTTR?

If you are up to taking requests for outfits, I have a great idea that you could use, that might not be too hard to make.
My idea is this: How about creating a skin for Lara that makes her gold in color from head to toe, with golden gear and weapons included. This skin could be called the Midas touch. Since we know that changing textures in the game is achievable with Special K, this shouldn't be too hard to do right?

If you need a visual guide, just let me know and I could make one for you. However it's pretty straight forward, as the skin would just involve Lara being covered with a golden skin tone from head to toe, and applying that same color to her weapons and gear.

Yep, the white and green bit was intentional but it was more of test than anything, currently working on a more traditional classic version for the default outfit. Did you try the desert tank top? That's what I needed the feedback on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.