Ryona (2 Viewers)

noice1

Potential Patron
No one is angered BL, we're just discussing legitimacy, and I think it's been proven that there is a fetish of ryona where a male is the subject. Whether it's called "male ryona", "reverse" or "Gyaku" in other languages, it's something we shouldn't exclude. Honestly, it wouldn't make sense for there to be an entirely separate website for males in the same situation, it's the same world.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Sorry if I angered you at all.
"Angered" would be an exaggeration, maybe a better word would be "bugged", and that was not because of you or your comment but more because it seems that every topic about male ryona has to be derailed by stupid remarks and the same old debatte; at best your comment was the straw that breaked the camel's back.

CuriousHyperGamer

Potential Patron
Alright, I attempted to add a bit more on the specific subsets of ryona...
Can anyone here reconfirm it and correct the Japanese Characters that I put in here?

CuriousHyperGamer

Potential Patron
?
Onna Zako?
Hmm...thats interesting, I tried Zako on Pixiv and I thought that is the spelling!
Good job fixing it though~ <Thumbs up>

P.S. Hmm...I wonder whether onna Zako is the attacking or receiving one...<goes off to do more research>

Last edited by a moderator:

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
?
Onna Zako?
Hmm...thats interesting, I tried Zako on Pixiv and I thought that is the spelling!
Good job fixing it though~ <Thumbs up>

P.S. Hmm...I wonder whether onna Zako is the attacking or receiving one...<goes off to do more research>
Onna Zako comes from the combination of two words. 女 (Onna, woman) and ザコ (Zako, cannon-fodder), so 女ザコ means "female cannon-fodder".
Well, that's not much diffent from Zako, just less specific. But when someone talking about Zako in fetish meaning, it usually means female zako. It's rarer to get attracted to male cannon-fodder, I assume.

I think zako is a kind of fetish when you think the female cannon-fodder is hot. And for a guy who likes ryona, he may want to see her in a kind of situation, up to what ryona ties to it.
-Get beaten by hero/heroine = ryona
-Bring heroheroine pain = gyaku-ryona
-Bring heroine pain = ryona

shz

Potential Patron
I'm surprised this article doesn't mention Rumble Roses series in "Ryona video games". It totally deserves to be there.

Mardion

Potential Patron
^It's only because this is an entry in the Ryona Dictionary, which means it should include well-known franchises that have spawned a lot of games. It's not like it's the actualy list of videogames with ryona, you can find that here.

P

PinchPinchPINK

1774109.jpg  Japanese Superheroine's ryona!

Last edited by a moderator:

uraent

Vivacious Visitor
>video games, anime, comics, TV and movies

how about adding novels?
There are so many ryona SS(esu esu/エスエス as Short Story)/novels.

>focus towards fictional characters

I suppose this is NO.

I suppose fiction/non-fiction will not divide ryona/sadism.

Real victimes can be target of ryona.

Sadism is will to make victims with force.
Ryona is will to enjoy victims with watching.

Some real crimes can be ryona.
There are so many people collect real victims information
and enjoy information,some may do "onani" with them.

Some serial killer did "onani" with watching dead victim,
and "do onani with victim" is ryona.

A

Aisha Airin

hi got a quick question regarding what defines Ryona. Is whipping/flogging considered ryona or just S&M?

Mardion

Potential Patron
hi got a quick question regarding what defines Ryona. Is whipping/flogging considered ryona or just S&M?

The term 'ryona' is explained in this very article, but anyway, if a woman is whipped then she is obviously in pain, so yes, that does constitute ryona.

CuriousHyperGamer

Potential Patron
Nice concept!

From a psychological point of view, the Ryona complex / fetish fits in the category of sexual sadism.
To be more specific.... it is a "vouyeristic" form of sexual sadism, since it involves watching the object of desire (the girl, in this case) being beaten by a third person. It isn´t a paraphilia on its own, that´s for sure. In fact, Ryona may include a lot of philias.

The most common examples:
a. Sadism.
b. Vore.
c. Bondage.
d. Sleepy fetish (when the girl ends unconscious).
e. Necro / Death fetish (when the girl ends killed).
f. Guro (when the girls bleeds or is killed).

Its genesis / causes?

There may be many.
But the main is, I think: Emotional insecurity towards relationships with women. A deep desire of fully control over the girl - keep her at our side at any cost. An huge lust for sexual control and domination can arise from this feeling, that´s for sure. Physical agression / punishment appears in the subject´s mind as a way of achieve that control. It is a way of release emotional frustration related with sexuality.

Just a personal thought... :)

Would be interesting to do some psychological surveys for get more knowledge abour the Ryona fans´ mindset..... :)

I know this is a bit late, but was reading through...
Just asking though, what if you indulge in Gyaku Ryona?
Or if you are a female?
Or if you enjoy the thought of being dominated or defeated by someone (male or female)?
Its a pretty good assessment but it lacks a bit more research...
...found anything new or interesting about this in the past 8 months or more?

CuriousHyperGamer

Potential Patron
After searching a bit and taking my time, learning and figuring out...
I have safely concluded that emotional insecurities are NOT the main reason why people indulge in Ryona for much of the time.
That idea ignores quite a number of possibilities as well as other genders who did not conform to that idea.
http://www.undertow.club/lobby/5534-understanding-ryona-why.html
Here I compiled and set up a thread to allow for a more deep and well meaning discussion on Ryona.
Hopefully from there, there will be more proper understanding about this phenomenon and psychological issues behind it without painting us all in a negative and awfully misogynistic light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.