Runaway Girl (1 Viewer)

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
SomePerv said:
TetsuyaHikari said:
Ah, well..most of the stuff you addressed makes sense. I'll share my input on your points if you don't mind.
Absolutely. It would hardly be fair to critique your script and then be offended if you critique my critique!

1. Yeah, I can certainly understand changing up the length of the lines for variety. Personally, I find the way that long lines play out in the game is kind of unwieldy, but I'm certainly not saying there's anything wrong with having longer lines.

2. Sorry if my choice of the word "valid" wasn't entirely clear. I didn't mean to indicate that your punctuation couldn't serve any useful purpose, and I'm definitely glad to hear that the VA you're working with found it helpful. All I meant was that according to the formal rules of English punctuation, including writing dialogue, using two periods for a shorter pause is not... technically correct. "En-dash", "Em-dash", and ellipsis are used to indicate shorter pause, longer pause, and trailing off. I know it's picky, but I found it slightly distracting, and I thought that other people who are used to reading a lot might, too.

3. Don't get me wrong, I think "mister" is great and actually do use it when playing with this script. I was just reasoning that since the introduction story from the girl wandering the streets 'cause she can't go home up to the point where she's on her knees in front of a cock all happens off-screen, there's no reason why he might not have mentioned his name during that time, before the script picks up.

4. I don't think it's a big deal whether the gasping effects in the lines are there or not, really. I did find using the game's interrupts and coughs came out... timed better for what's going on at the time. Also, having it go from cough to interrupt to a line that starts with a gasp to another cough, for example, gets to be a bit cluttered. Again, I imagine that's personal taste and I don't presume to tell you that the way you chose to do it is wrong or anything.

TetsuyaHikari said:
As for the interruptions, I don't have anything against Kona's. However, I believe there is only a limited amount of ways you can be interrupted when talking and I personally feel as though my interruptions covered all of those bases (basically anything ending with, "mmmm" would suffice). The cough on the other hand, I will disagree with you on. I've had to explain this to many people already.

A cough is an onomonopia. What does that mean? That means a cough is written out exactly as it sounds, "cough". Aside from the "ack" sound as if you've got something hung up in your throat, there's really no other way to do it. So, adding many cough variations doesn't really work because, well..they don't exist. All this stuff like, "achf" or whatever is incorrect.

That sort of sound never happens. We need to keep the cough simple because that's all it is. It's just a, "*cough*". Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know why people feel the need to add so many lines for a cough. Anyway, moving on.

Well, just for the record, it's "onomatopoeia", not "onomonopia". And for both cough sounds and the sounds of being interrupted by a cock jammed in your mouth while you're talking, there really is quite a variety of possibilities. Just because there's one word that represents the sound of the cough and has come to be dominant enough that it's the dictionary term for a cough, doesn't mean that all coughs sound alike and are adequately conveyed by the single onomatopoeia "cough". In linguistics, there's a whole list of terms like "aspirated", "voiced", "nasal", "explosive", "fricative" etc to describe the subtle differences in sounds produced by different combinations of breath, voice, tongue position, throat open vs closed, and so on.

To look at interruption, if the girl's talking and has a cock stuffed in her mouth (not throat) and she immediately stops trying to form syllables so she doesn't mumble around it at all, then yes, "mmm" is pretty much the sound you get. But, if she keeps trying to talk around it, then the sound is a lot more like "mmbl"... as you can see in some hardcore videos when the girl is told to say something like "my favorite website is gagonmycock.com" while having a cock shoved in her mouth. ;D But, if the cock is shoved in her throat, the resulting sound will be very different. If she succeeds in swallowing it, the sound will be a lot like a "gulp". If she retches on it then it's more of a harsh sound like Kona's "-ghch!"

Likewise with coughs... there's quite a difference between the sound of a deep, chest-racking lung-infection cough and the brief, shallow sound of coughing up a little bit of goo from the back of your throat. Some coughs sound more like a sneeze or a retch rather than the archetypal "cough".

I think if there's any doubt in your mind that there can be a whole lot of different onomatopoeias for something like a cough, there are two points I'd like to make. One is that different languages use different onomatopoeias for the same sound, such as Japanese using "doki doki" for the sound of a racing heartbeat, where English uses "thump thump". The other is comic books. There's a long, rich tradition of script-writers using an enormous variety of SFX to represent noises that are way simpler and more consistent than coughing/choking/gagging/retching etc.

5. Oh, I certainly think that the smell reference is clever and it's realistic that the guy would be kinda rank in the context of the scene you set. The only reason I don't like it is it seems a little uppity for her to be commenting basically "man, you stink" to a guy whose hospitality she's so desperately dependent on that she'll let him throat-fuck her. Also, I just plain don't like the tone. ;) Like I said, personal tastes.

Sure, I think that just listing my variation in your post makes sense.

Also, I'm sorry if it comes across like I'm picking apart your script. I think the lines are great, and I consider all my changes to be nothing more than fine-tuning a script that's good enough to deserve a little polishing. I can't wait to hear the audio for this one.

2. Oh, haha. Yeah, I get what you're saying now. If I'm roleplaying, I will usually use the ellipses to show a pause. Maybe I'm just doing this in a different manner here because it's more laid-back, I'm not really sure.

I may be a bit of a grammar Nazi, but I don't think a lot of people playing these kinds of games are really going to care that much about how the pause is used in a dialogue, heh. Basically, I'm not writing something here that will be nominated to win an award. If it gets the job done, then I think that's all the player will really care about.

4. Derp. I don't know why I kept thinking it was spelled, "onomonopia", lol. Anyway, so it's an onomatopoeia then. I get what you're saying about the coughs and stuff though. I guess I just didn't really take it into consideration because of the format of the game itself.

Basically, you won't be hearing an "infectious" type of cough in this game because, well..it wouldn't make sense (unless you're throatfucking someone with lung cancer, I guess? o_O). I understand that a cough will sound different for different people, but these people won't really be able to produce that many different coughs. Whenever I hear my aunt cough, it's always the same kind of sound.

Whenever I hear myself cough, it's also the same. Same goes for any time I have been in a hospital. It's just a repeated similar sound over and over again. Granted, this will sound different if like..they're sick as opposed to just coughing after having something go down the wrong pipe, but in a game like this, I think the cough for this particular situation can't really be altered that much, honestly.

As for the interruptions, I guess I didn't think about the girl trying to mumble on the cock. That may be something I'll have to try to get my VA to do on the next dialogue. I have no idea how I would write out the mumbled version of like, "yes" though. I could get her to record it, but it has to follow the dialogue too, lol. Well, that's just something I can think over, I guess.

Anyway, thanks again for the input! You helped shed some light on a couple of things I overlooked, heh.

DevilJinKazama

Potential Patron
I think I would love to hear her muffled voice.

Could try starting with having her let out a little moan as it goes in. I suppose that's the 'normal' response for getting your mouth stuffed with a cock. If you're enjoying it, anyway.

Could try a muffled scream if you want to convey she ISN'T enjoying it.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Haven't had time to try out the Kidnapped Daughter VA versions yet. Looking forward to it, though.

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
DevilJinKazama said:
I think I would love to hear her muffled voice.

Could try starting with having her let out a little moan as it goes in. I suppose that's the 'normal' response for getting your mouth stuffed with a cock. If you're enjoying it, anyway.

Could try a muffled scream if you want to convey she ISN'T enjoying it.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Haven't had time to try out the Kidnapped Daughter VA versions yet. Looking forward to it, though.

Yeah, I've added a few more interrupt lines for the latest dialogue I'm working on. I'm going to have her follow these interrupt lines to a T, just as she did for Kidnapped Daughter, but I'll try to get her to put more of a muffle sound behind them this time. I should have had her do it and the muffled scream in the last one since that personality was rather suiting for it, but eh..this is a work in progress for the both of us, lol. As we progress, the acting will get better and hopefully I get better at writing as well.

Necrous

Potential Patron
Hello. I've been skulking around the SDT community for a while now, but I finally decided to make an account on these forums.

I noticed something in your dialouge which looked like a discrepancy to me. From how the lines go, she's run away from home, and doesn't want to go back (she mentions how anything is better than being back at home in one line), but one line jumps out as contradicting the others:
cum_on_face:"Oh nooooo...it's getting all over my face! Th-there's no way I can go home looking like this.."

Maybe I'm just looking too deeply into it. Or maybe I'm hallucinating because I haven't slept yet. Either way, I just felt I should bring it to your attention.

Awesome work, and I mean AWESOME work.

TetsuyaHikari

Avid Affiliate
Necrous said:
Hello. I've been skulking around the SDT community for a while now, but I finally decided to make an account on these forums.

I noticed something in your dialouge which looked like a discrepancy to me. From how the lines go, she's run away from home, and doesn't want to go back (she mentions how anything is better than being back at home in one line), but one line jumps out as contradicting the others:
cum_on_face:"Oh nooooo...it's getting all over my face! Th-there's no way I can go home looking like this.."

Maybe I'm just looking too deeply into it. Or maybe I'm hallucinating because I haven't slept yet. Either way, I just felt I should bring it to your attention.

Awesome work, and I mean AWESOME work.

No, you make a good point, heh. There's a part of her though that would probably think of going home at some point. She was just pointing out that returning home with cum on her face really isn't an acceptable way of returning.

You'll notice there's also a couple of others lines in there where she talks about wanting to go home. Even if you're a runaway, there will be little things that slip out that you'll say about your home. I ran away from home when I was a teenager and caught myself accidentally talking about my home at times, even though my mind was primarily focused on just never going back.

Doctoe Amoeba

Potential Patron
Tell your friend congratulations, she did what no other voice actress in voice actress history has been able to do: be TOO ADORABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.

I hope she's proud of herself.

Bitch.

Necrous

Potential Patron
How's the project going? Melody is an awesome girl. Serious props to her. And you for making this dialouge!

Dark Stalker

Potential Patron
"Tetsuya hasn't been seen in almost a month, I think he quit."
i hope not!
this dialogue is one of my favorites... and that voice is just...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.