Random question (1 Viewer)

slappy787878

Potential Patron
first time posting, and i tried searching and looking around the forums and didn't see anything about this, when i use loader in full screen, the side margin bars are pink and i can't figure out why, on vanilla they're black and this looks a lot better, also is there any way to remove the side margins and make it 16:9?

stuntcock

Content Creator
when i use loader in full screen, the side margin bars are pink and i can't figure out why, on vanilla they're black and this looks a lot better
Your Settings.txt file probably includes the following pair of lines:

Code:
borderRGB=0xFAF1C8
bordersEnabled=1

Change it to:
Code:
bordersEnabled=0

also is there any way to remove the side margins and make it 16:9?
It's possible to make the game fill a 16:9 display, by means of some careful step-by-step operations involving window resizes and zoom manipulation. The end result is usually not worth the effort, because the girl's head and feet will be partially cut off (unless you apply a secondary zoom-hack mod, but now we're getting into "epicycles" territory). This zoom-workaround also tends to make the in-game menu partially inaccessible, and may conceal the dialogue "subtitle" field.

I wasn't able to fully automate the fullscreen activation stuff (even with AutoHotkey scripts) and my PC can't really run the game fullscreen anyways, so I eventually gave up.

also is there any way to remove the side margins and make it 16:9?
Perhaps you intended this question to be more straightforward -- you want the characters to retain their usual size (i.e. squashed into the middle and surrounded by empty space), but you simply want the background image to fill the entire display instead of seeing a pillarbox effect.

Unfortunately, the answer is still "no". SDT background images are "tall"; they simply don't include any side margins. We could probably write a mod to resize the game stage and stretch the background image horizontally ... but it would look bad and bring us back to the problem of "the end result is not worth the effort needed to achieve it."

If you mean this question

slappy787878

Potential Patron
thank you, not a big deal about 16:9 seems like thats a lot of work and its not good anyway, but as far as the borders go, i did what you said and now they're grey, and i've tried messing around with the border rgb with hex color codes but nothing is changing, i'm gonna mess around with it some more you at least got me started on fixing the issue, thank you again
edit: got it, just had to change borders back to 1 and change the color code to black

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.