Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (1 Viewer)

onlinehero

Casual Client
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon for Mame/Arcade [Banpresto]

Published: 1995
Genre: Beat em' up
Ryona Rating: 3/5

- A 1 or 2-player sideways scrolling beat-em-up sees the Sailor Senshi fighting their way through five levels of anime-based combat.
- Sailor Soldier - chosen from a selection of 5, stiletto and mini skirt-wearing combatants - can punch, kick, jump, and throw their enemies; before finally reaching the traditional end-of-level boss.
- Magic crystals can be found and are needed to activate the 'special attack' move.

Types of ryona:
- Player character can be pummeled and knocked down by all enemies.
- Monsters with tennis racket can grab player and hit continuously with the racket.
- Level 4 boss (Garoben) can grab/throw player character.
- Final boss (Queen Beryl, level 9 boss) has a powerful grab attack where she lifts up and chokes the sailors with her both hands.
- Level 1 boss (twin yoma girls, Kastor and Pollux) have special electrocution attack.
- Most enemies are weak female mosters (henchwomen).

Characters:
Sailor Venus, Sailor Mars, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury and Sailor Moon.

Screenshots:
2039_1.png
2039_2.png
2039_3.png

Ryona video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z06GPkn7Q18 (Queen Beryl beats up every sailor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSr3w0j52Dc (Just to show Garoben grab)

Weak for Aqua

Casual Client
I just got my hands on this game. Playing with Sailor Mars and Sailor Venus is lovely. Love the strangle and the tennis racket beat up part of it. And the graphics on the characters are amazing.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I like the tennis racket pummel, especially on Sailor Venus. Too bad I'd have to get all the way to the end boss to get her choked though. >:|

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
It does, I just can't be bothered playing through the entire game to get there. lol.

C

Cloister

Great game for ryona. All the Scouts' prone animations after losing all their health is great. I am a little disappointed the bosses that look like bats didn't have any moves where they swoop low, pick up a Sailor Scout and bomb them to the ground. Either that or drain their life. Most everything the enemies can do in that game can be found in the first stage, including the boss twins with the electricity.

Weak for Aqua

Casual Client
I play this game alot now and fraps it to save clips that I enjoy of sailor mars, venus getting beat up again and again. save state is awesome since I can start where I enjoy it most.

Ryonaneer

Club Regular
Ahhh, I love this game's ryona. It's nothin' as big as a lotta modern games but the sprites are soooo detailed for the time it was made! And the girls even got a few ryona sounds (why does Jupiter have one less sound than the rest? She's my fav! :'()

I put together all the ryona sprites for the game. Some of them aren't even used in the actual game! Least, far as I know. And I beat that game. xD Super cute sprites~

BTW these will look better if ya download and view full size, but I'm not so sure how to just attach 'em as...attachments. ^^;

Moon Sprites.jpg Mercury Sprites.jpg Mars Sprites.jpg Venus Sprites.jpg Jupiter sprites.jpg

Anyways, outta all the Sailor Moon games, I think this one has the best ryona. I did like how the RPG had different sprites for different status effects, mm-hm, buuut those sprites were soooo tiny. Maybe with the new anime they might make a new game at some point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.