[PC] Nightmare Sphere (1 Viewer)

Mebius

Potential Patron
Ahaha, you're correct. I wish I'd been more thorough when I tried that myself. I probably quit a few folders through because it looked like it was all text. That would have saved me a good bit of time.

... Or so I say, but in truth I only just remembered the last speedrun earlier today... So busy lately. Anyway. Thanks to sickle, here's the last ending image. I have no idea what time you actually need to beat the game with to get this one though. Hate to think it's under two hours, but that's what the data seems to indicate.

Legs crossed twice? That just looks uncomfortable.

Mebius

Potential Patron
As low as you can go without being in Brute is how I tested it, but I'd guess anywhere in the bottom half of the corruption meter is probably fine.

powerofvoid

Potential Patron
Ah. For some reason I get the same ending from that as from having it basically full. Perhaps I need to make it all the way full to get the good/bad ending?

noice1

Potential Patron
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you need to keep your corruption level the way you want it for the entire game. If I remember correctly, you can't just beat the game and get a good ending if you were corrupt for any part of the game. If I'm wrong then I'm not sure what the issue is.

powerofvoid

Potential Patron
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you need to keep your corruption level the way you want it for the entire game. If I remember correctly, you can't just beat the game and get a good ending if you were corrupt for any part of the game. If I'm wrong then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Ah, that might be it. I don't remember my entire playthrough, so it's entirely possible that I did end up oscillating my corruption level.

Mebius

Potential Patron
I mentioned this before, but it does help to start the first form of the final boss with a low corruption level and then finish that same form in brute, which is achieved by using the dark orb. If that doesn't work, I don't know what the issue is. I've tested and retested and the methods of getting the endings we've written out on the last page work fine for me every time.

For the record (again), playing good or evil through the majority of the game has no bearing on your endings. The only thing that does is how many humans you did or didn't kill.

noice1

Potential Patron
For the record (again), playing good or evil through the majority of the game has no bearing on your endings. The only thing that does is how many humans you did or didn't kill.

That must be what I (mis)heard. I had only remembered something about corruption for the duration of the game, but it must have been about killing a human.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Hello boys and girls, i have some news about Nightmare Sphere 0 (as the sequel/prequel is called) :D. After having watched the videos on nico nico douga, i mailed michman-san (we had chatted some time earlier) and asked if he would make a list of features. I dont want to copy/paste the mail since i didnt ask his permission to just share it, but i can say this much: Combat seems perfected and deep, the RPG elements look good, and to my understand theres TWO ways to gain XP/level up, and then theres your weapons, lots of different kinds, and your effectivity with the weapon depends if the weapons level and your skill level matches up. Also theres of course items, throwable weapons, and as demonstrated in the video, special items (for example earrings work better with magic etc). That is all for now, lets hope Michman-san keeps up the good work...cant wait to play this game :D

Mebius

Potential Patron
Combat seems perfected and deep, the RPG elements look good, and to my understand theres TWO ways to gain XP/level up, and then theres your weapons, lots of different kinds, and your effectivity with the weapon depends if the weapons level and your skill level matches up. Also theres of course items, throwable weapons, and as demonstrated in the video, special items (for example earrings work better with magic etc).

Not to mention that there are four playable characters including Relm. Anita, a witch, Shaska, a dark-skinned rogueish character, and Guntz/Goldo (I don't really know which name he decided to use), a male warrior with an awesome berserkery portrait when he goes brute. There are now four factions for you to gain/lose points in as well, using the same kill/save method from the first game. Two different kingdoms, one blue and one red, scoundrels (like the male humans in the first game that were aggressive), and monsters. The addition of the kingdoms comes with a few extra human-type characters being added for a total of ten different humans per red/blue kingdom, five male and five female. Those were detailed in his last videos. He also mentioned a few new monsters while he was showing off the new features of the succubus enemy, including an incubus, but he's yet to show any new monsters apart from the female version of the zombies from the first game and a new dragony boss. And Miku as a boss, but I think that was a joke and I doubt she'll be included in NS0 when it's released. Tragic.

He's also got the opening finished, which you can see in the next-to-last video if you have a Nico Nico Douga account, and has showcased the two shops, General Store and Blacksmith (complete with machine-generated English voices to make them resemble the shops from the old D&D arcade games), the former of which sells weapons, armor, accessories and consumables (and orbs o.o I hope those don't stay buyable) and the latter of which upgrades weapons. Weapons can be upgraded in a lot of different ways, lowering and raising five different weapon statistics and the weight of the weapon. It's only natural that the combat system uses all of those as well. Like fedfyr said, it's been perfected. :D Different weapon skills now use ability points instead of ability spheres to learn, which are gained on both a per-weapon basis (points usable only on skills for the weapon you earn them with) and a 'general' basis (points that can be used on any weapon skill). Aaand.. That's about all I recall offhand.

Anyway. If he's got as much finished as it seems he does, all that's left to do is making the maps, finishing the story and balancing everything afterwards. While I have no idea what his release plans are/if he plans to release a demo or something, the amount completed is still great news for those of us who have been stalking Mickman for updates like myself.

Gannes1414

Potential Patron
I coulda sworn the witch, rogue, and big sword using dude were based off the lil' witch, Caska, and Guts from Berserk. :o

noice1

Potential Patron
Can't wait! I hope it's not as hardware-intensive, the first game really taxed my computer. Other than that, more characters, more types of enemies and a good potential of yuri? Quite possible could end up being the best ryona game to come.

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Can't wait! I hope it's not as hardware-intensive, the first game really taxed my computer. Other than that, more characters, more types of enemies and a good potential of yuri? Quite possible could end up being the best ryona game to come.

Hehe, after having chatted with Michman-san, i dont think he considers it a ryona game...or an H-game for that matter...i think he is more focused on making it a GOOD game instead of just fap material :D

Umina

Ryonani Teamster
I have to say, I completely forgot about NS0, but the list of what's going to be included is just... wow. Is it sad that these indie games that are free just seem so much better than big corporation-backed ones?

fedefyr

Ryonani Teamster
Im surprised after having gotten home and checked japanese sites to see how bad it is...Michman-san is okay, despite the quake...and he posted about it...he's devoted...

Sotamias

Potential Patron
Alright, problem time. This game runs pretty much perfect for me save for the fact that
every three or four seconds, my key input drops entirely, but if I hit the key again after this
happens, everything is peaches and cream. I could be running along on my merry way
and then BAM! It's as though I stopped holding the key down and I have to re-press it.
This happens with all keyboard input and only with this game. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

*EDIT* DISREGARD THAT, I READ THE FIRST FEW PAGES JUST NOW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.