"Magic Matchup Demo" & Small Hentai Games by HentaiWriter and friends! (1 Viewer)

tumblr_o3qvb6ZP9Q1tcpk2ko5_640.png
tumblr_o3qvb6ZP9Q1tcpk2ko2_640.png

tumblr_o3qvb6ZP9Q1tcpk2ko4_640.png
tumblr_o3qvb6ZP9Q1tcpk2ko1_640.png

Hey, I’m happy to announce both my/our new (link removed)
where you can get short, but quality H-games for $5,
AND the first game for it, called “Magic Matchup”!

You can see pictures of the game up above, and get info about it and the Patreon down below!

NOTE: We are still working daily on Future Fragments and posting updates to the FF Patreon multiple times a week! The games on this Patreon aren't taking time away from FF, so no worries!

You can also play a very, very bare-bones demo here (as we don't want to give away the storyline); Magic Matchup Demo

(And if you want a direct link to the Patreon, it's at the bottom of the post)

-------------------------
First, the game:
Who made this game, when will it be done, and how much does it cost?

"Magic Matchup" is a collaboration between;
- ShamefulDisplay
(Art)
- ASANTE (Programming)
- HentaiWriter (Writing & Game Design)
- Diana Lockhart (Voice Actress for The Teacher)

The game itself is about 95% done;
we plan to have it completed by mid April or so.
It’s only $5 for the whole game, one time pledge, and you’ll get the game at release, assuming your pledge has cleared.

You can also pledge any time AFTER the game’s been released to get it at that same price of $5 as well!

So let’s get to the game’s premise;

You’re a college student, going to his first day at what seems to be… magician school?! Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem, except for one thing… you have no idea what the hell you’re even doing here, let alone you’ve forgotten how to use magic.
Well, no problem, you can just remember it over time, right? …except that your teacher, believe or not, is challenging you to a magical battle right here, right now. Shit.
Obviously, anyone sane would reject this. However… she says that if you win, you’ll get something special. Now, thinking to yourself, what the heck could be so special that you’d risk getting your ass kicked in a magical battle–
Oh. She wants to make it a strip battle, and if you win… you get to have your way with her?! Holy shit, this has turned into one of the craziest first days at school, by a long shot.
And now, some of the game’s features;

- Over 600 lines of dialogue from The Teacher, all voiced by Diana Lockhart
- Three CG sexual scenes, with variants (hey, it’s a small game!)
- Fun, simple gameplay, nothing too complex or crazy.
- Priced really cheap; only $5!
- Original soundtrack composed just for the game
And now, the Patreon:

This game is just the first of many we plan to sell through the “Small Games” Patreon we’re doing; while they may be small games, we do put time and effort into them, so these aren’t just shoved out the door carelessly or anything like that.

Each of the small games will be priced at $5 (with no foreseeable exceptions in the future), and will generally be done with different teams for each game, with myself being the only unifying factor. A pledge tier for each game will go up when the game is roughly 60-ish% done, and will stay up indefinitely for anyone who wants to buy the game later on, of course.

Part of the reason we're doing this is that as many of you know, DLSite and many other places absolutely gouge sellers when it comes to their cut, with DLSite in particular taking as much as 70-50% of profits, and most other sites taking 30-40%. This then requires the game developer to amp up their prices to make even a remote profit, and thus everyone loses.

By contrast, Patreon takes only 8% or so, meaning we can keep the prices for these games really low (ergo, $5), and we retain something like $4.60 of that $5. This way, everybody wins!

We've also got an activity feed tier at $1 where you can get updates (pictures, text, maybe even video) of other games we're working on for the Small H-Games Patreon, as well as for other large games that don't have Patreons of their own yet.
Finally, here's some of the upcoming games we're already working on;

First, we've got a modern-day, mini-game / VN hybrid (by Akairiot, ASANTE, and HentaiWriter)
You're a decently skilled employee working at an important business, quite a few people see you as an EXTREMELY hard worker and a great employee in general. You're also a pretty straight-forward, "wears his heart on his sleeve" type of guy, so to speak.

So, it's a pretty bad mismatch when you realize you've fallen hard for your boss, of all people... one of the most oblivious workaholics on the planet. She's an ultra perfectionist, works her ass off, both at her ACTUAL work, and at the gym, and that's how you manage to run into her one day; your gym membership expired, and so you decided to try things out at another gym, and...

The game consists of you trying your best to win her over, as she's continually oblivious to most of your advances. However, most of the gameplay will be split evenly between regular ol' VN sequences, and a series of minigames where you'll have to evenly match her behavior during exercise; she demands perfection, and if you go too fast, or too slow, she'll look down on you.

The minigames by themselves will be rather simple, stuff like "jump over the gaps" or "tap the arrow keys left and right in rhythm", but what will make them a challenge (and fun to play) are two extra elements added in;
1) While you're exercising with her, she'll be discussing the day and work with you; being the hard, diligent worker that you are, you SHOULD be able to answer her questions accurately WHILE exercising, right?
2) Manage to make her happy, and she'll speed up her exercising, which means you'll need to do it in real time as well; piss her off or make her sad with one of your answers though, and she'll instantly drop her pace, and if you don't match it... well, kiss your relationship chances goodbye!

The gameplay will be completely playable with one hand, for anyone worried; for example, each question will simply have 3 answers, which can be selected with the 1/2/3 keys, and movement will be the WSAD keys (and of course they'll be re-configurable).
Next up, we've got a fantasy-themed interrogation simulation (by Viper of Divine Arms and HentaiWriter)
You're the warden in a prison, where you need to get the truth out of three women. However, to actually question the higher-ups' choices would be treason; therefore, you'll need to ACT like you're "torturing" them, but you won't be punching or kicking them or anything guro-related, you'll be having sex with them so that you can talk to them at the same time, making sure the guards don't hear you while you talk to them.

They'll each tell you a story, all voice acted, and you'll be able to interrupt it at points to call them out on suspicious statements they're making, and after interrogating all three women, you'll need to render a verdict; who stays in prison, who's let free, and who has the key to unravel the corruption running rampant in the kingdom?

(To note, I know people will think he's slacking off of DA; that's not the case at all, and if you're a Patreon of his, you'll see the full clarification of how this is going to work out on his activity feed.)

And of course, we'll be adding more games to this list as we find the time to start them up and work on them (and assemble teams to do so, of course)
As a last note, I can also assure you of two things;

1) These may be small games, and they may not have the density of content that say, Divine Arms or Future Fragments has, but we try to make up for it with fun/odd gimmicks, or with interesting storylines, or with something that might only work in a short game. We wouldn't sell these games if we didn't think the experience was worth the $5.

2) As people voiced concerns about me being too overworked and such, again, I wouldn't start up these projects if I didn't think I could handle them, and these aren't just picked out of my hat at random and such; I'm announcing these games because we've already spent a considerable deal of time on them, and it hasn't impacted any of our large projects whatsoever yet (and take into account, each game has a brand new team, with the exception of ASANTE doing the Dynasty Warriors Game and the Akairiot game, but he's faster at programming than I am at writing, so...)

So finally, if you’d like to check out the Patreon and pre-purchase or purchase "Magic Matchup", then just go to www.patreon.com/hentaiwriter

Last edited:
Here's where you can get Magic Matchup currently!
Patreon - EDIT_ Link removed due to rule violation

Pro - You get access to the activity feed on Patreon to see previews of other games I’m working on
Con - You have to wait until the start of a given month to get the game as that’s when pledges clear

Itch.io - EDIT: Link removed due to rule violation
Pro - You get the game instantly, as soon as you buy it
Con - You don’t get access to previews of future games I’m working on

Note: The activity feed on Patreon is also accessible by pledging just $1 per month, you don’t need to pledge $5 if that’s all you want to access.

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
I checked your patreon page and the other page where you are selling your game, and I didn't see any links back to undertow. Site rules REQUIRE you to post a link back to undertow if you advertise your game for sale.
"If you link to an external commercial landing page, crowdfunding campaign, or a personal ad-driven site anywhere on this forum, you are required to link back to Undertow on the same page somewhere above-the-fold. Consider it payment for your advertising space. "

I am removing your links. You may re-post them after complying with site rules. Link to site rules is in my siggie.

Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

Ah, this is something definitely new; as I obviously can't really link to Undertow on the Patreon page, unfortunately things will have to stay that way.

(You might want to reconsider those rules; I don't know of any western content creators that would be able to abide by them, so it would result in a lack of content for the forum/people posting their content here! I also don't know of any forum online that requires this to be done, either, and probably for good reason :P)

EDIT: Also curious why I've been singled out when literally none of the other game devs here have linked to Undertow anywhere on their Patreon or sites as such, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.