Loader.swf and Windows Media Player (1 Viewer)

GoldBlockIngot

Potential Patron
I've been having trouble with the fact that the only app my computer is letting me open Loader.swf in is Windows Media Player. I even downloaded the Flash "projector" as recommended but it won't give me the option. There is no obvious "Open With" option, and the file type exclusively says Windows Media Player. All fresh downloads have this immediately upon opening.

WMP does actually work, but it's highly unwieldy and will not let me access the options menu mid scene, meaning I have to close and reopen the player if I want to change a single thing.

Any tips?

stuntcock

Content Creator
I even downloaded the Flash "projector" as recommended but it won't give me the option. There is no obvious "Open With" option
The projector application is not installed or registered. It simply exists as an Executable file on your PC. If you want Windows to recognize its connection to SWF files, then you must manually establish that association.

Right-click > "Open With" > "Choose Another App"
"More Apps ↓"
Scroll down all the way
"Look for another app on this PC"
A browse window will appear
Browse to the location where you saved the flashplayer_28_sa.exe file
If this is the "My Documents" or "My Downloads" folder then you might want to move the flashplayer file to a more permanent location before proceeding
Choose the flashplayer_28_sa.exe file
"Adobe Flash Player" should now be an option under "Open With" for SWF files. You can also set the "Always use this app to open .swf files" option to save time in the future.

Alternatively: download sby's Loader Pack and use the shortcut provided by sby. It will launch an instance of the projector app, and then open Loader.swf within that instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.