Large(r) gags (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
What skinnypete85 actually wants is a loader add-on that can make the mouth open even wider than the basic gag version.

S skinnypete85 : if you want also gags to be adapted to this new mouth size, you have to provide references of it, so modders know what to do.
As I said on your other request Large Gag edits, if references don't exist, you have to draw an example of what you want.

sby sby may find a method to make the existing gags expand togheter with the mouth, but as the inflation depends of an angle and not of coordinates, I don't think it is feasible.

skinnypete85

Potential Patron
thanks again SyntaxTerror, you absolutely nailed what I was after

I'll try to make some reference pics using screenshot or something...
I'm a terrible artist, with no idea of what I'm doing, but will give it a shot

sby

Content Creator
Coder
here is the code from the large gag
Code:
public function initl(param1:*) : *
      {
         this.g = param1.g;
         param1.addEnterFramePersist(this.checkf);
      }

public function checkf(param1:*) : *
      {
         if(this.gag.visible && this.gag.parent)
         {
            this.g.her.gaggedRotation = 10;
         }
         else
         {
            this.g.her.gaggedRotation = 6;
         }
      }
so it is really just setting
g.her.gaggedRotation = 10;
and making the gag the correct size to look right with that jaw angle

skinnypete85

Potential Patron
thanks alot guys, so a different but equally noob question: what programs would you recommend for making .swf files?
I'm familiar with photoshop, but coding is totally foreign to me, any recommandations?

Wither

Content Creator
Afaik you're going to want to pick up Adobe Flash (or "Animator" I think is what they call the recent versions? I never went above CS6) which is where you'll be able to use actionscript and create assets for SDT. There might be other ways of doing it, but I'm pretty sure Flash is the go-to.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Adobe Flash (or "Animator" I think is what they call the recent versions? I never went above CS6)
The classic way to make SDT SWF mods is to use Adobe Animate (formerly Flash Professionnal).
I'm not sure that the newer versions still allow to make SWFs, and if I'm right, only the 3 last versions are still available for download from Adobe.
The best version in my opinion is Animate 2019, as the 2020 version has too big menus and text, that reduce significatively the edition window size.

As the request about the opening size of the mouth has been answered, I lock this thread and add a link to it in the Large Gag edits.
Any discussion about how to mod Flash has to take place in the Help section and not in a request thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.