Huit's loader imports (1 Viewer)

Huitznahua

Content Creator
BrokenToaster said:
Hey Huit,

Glad to see you back modding! The new bikini mods are amazing! Thank you StuntCock for your support in the mods as well. I'm thoroughly impressed by your stamina to work through 151 frames and maintain the level of detail and quality through them all. Again, very good job to you both.

Hey Broken !

Thanks and glad to see you back too :D Yeah stuncock involvement in the project helped me to motivate myself. 151 frames design was relatively simple after some tests that helped me to organize myself more effectively ... except for this f***ing shading. Tip : watch out for shading if you want to start in the animation details, they are particularly reluctant to follow the movement tween. ;)

stuntcock

Content Creator
sby said:
i don't know why, but the bras/waistband strings are very picky about being loaded before other mods
Confirmed. The load-order rearrangement will serve as a temporary workaround.

could be something to do with hair extender looking at other mods loaded
More or less. The ROPE elements assume that other elements (especially Static clothing elements) have been loaded beforehand*. They attempt to attach to named elements of the scene via dotted notation paths begining with "her" (rather than, let's say, relative paths which might begin with "parent").

*This "context" is established by the modder - by placing the registerMod statements in the appropriate order, so as to populate the _mods array in the same order (with the implicit assumption that SDT code and mod code will always traverse this array incrementally from index 0).

The proximate problem is that the dynamicHairExtender code fails to catch the error locally, and hence it gives a confusing error message. That's been patched.

The intermediate problem is that these paths really are invalid at the moment when SDT attempts to load the ROPE object.

The ultimate problem is that the layers are not being managed properly. It's a combination/overlap issue involving moreClothingv5_1 and TemplateExtensionV5_sby. If I exclude the template extension (by reclassifying the BRA into a TOP) then it will load properly under moreClothing (or conventionally) -- no problems occur.

More specifically, the visual hierarchy looks like this after the first BRA mod is loaded:

[her]
∟[torso]
∟[breastCostume]
∟[bra]
∟[rightBreast]
∟{masks, sprites, etc}

If we load a SECOND bra mod with Overwrite=True, then the [rightBreast] element gets cleared out (all children removed) but it doesn't actually get deleted. moreClothing then instantiates a new element (also named "rightBreast") to contain the incoming mod elements.

[her]
∟[torso]
∟[breastCostume]
∟[bra]
[rightBreast]
∟[rightBreast]
∟{masks, sprites, etc}

This process repeats itself -- we can end up with three or more [rightBreast] elements, if the moreClothing configuration file includes additional CostumeBra items.

The problem has presumably not been encountered previously because few modders have actually used the CostumeBra template. They've instead created TOP mods and relied on the moreClothing reclassification operator (>) to present them as Bras in the GUI.

The multiple-instantiation issue is not fatal on its own. It is only a problem because I assumed that the BRA layers would behave in the same way as the TOP layers. When the dynamicHairExtender code attempts to load a ROPE object, it uses its dotted-notation logic to lookup the appropriate attachment element in the visual hierarchy. If we're dealing with a 2nd-or-later BRA mod, being loaded via moreClothing, then the dotted path is unreliable. The lookup function will grab the first [rightBreast] element (one of the "derelicts"), attempt to lookup a named child, fail (because the derelict element has no children), and then we're in a fault scenario.

Potential solutions
  • sby - investigate the moreClothing and/or templateExtension code. Modify the code so that it will reuse the original element (which I've disparaged as "derelict" ) instead of instantiating a new one.
    • I'll send you a PM if I can identify a specific code fragment which seems to be at fault
  • stuntcock - alter the dynamicHairExtender lookup logic so that it searches back-to-front instead of front-to-back. Hence, it will skip the derelict elements and always use the newest one.
    • tested; works; the resulting code is somewhat inelegant and brittle
  • stuntock / Huitznahua - reclassify the BRA mods as TOPs and re-release. They'll appear silly if used in combination with actual TOP clothing, but they at least wouldn't crash during loading.
    • tested; works; some adverse effects on gameplay and compatibility

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Ok guys a quick post to let you know of my situation.

In addition to being lazy and rude, I now have big difficulty with my pc (failing hard drive, battery end of life).

I do not know when I can get back to creating mod.

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
Huit, simple question.

Who is the hair model for your bikini pics in the first post? Usually you link them in your mod threads.

Thanks, it's just really nice hair...

Elsa69

Potential Patron
Has the clashes been fixed? I'm using sby's latest loader pack and I'm getting issues when trying to load your mod (same error as what the other guy had on the first page).

Any help is welcome,

Elsa69

stuntcock

Content Creator
Elsa69 said:
Has the clashes been fixed? I'm using sby's latest loader pack and I'm getting issues when trying to load your mod (same error as what the other guy had on the first page).

Any help is welcome,

Elsa69
I've provided a full description of the bug at the top of this page.

I've applied a hotfix to the physics code. Huitznahua would need to re-generate all of the SWF files in order to incorporate the fix. This is inconvenient and time-consuming (especially if he's suffering from computer trouble) so it may take a while.

I couldn't find any faulty code in moreclothingV5.as. The derelict elements are possibly being generated by an interaction between moreClothingV5 code and native code -- in which persistent local memory (of clothing elements in moreClothing dictionaries) inhibits garbage collection of otherwise-orphaned elements, and thereby causes them to remain in the visual hierarchy. A patch is unlikely because it's not worthwhile to trace through the moreClothing code in search of answers, because the derelict elements are harmless on their own, because nobody wants to make major changes to moreClothing code (say hello to new bugs!) unless there's a damned good reason, and because there's an acceptable hotfix for the physics-loading-error problem.

There are three workarounds. In ascending order of complexity (and effectiveness):
  • don't use moreClothing
    • result: derelict elements will not be generated. Bikini mods will use the vulnerable physics code. No errors will occur during bikini loading.
  • use moreClothing, but don't include any CostumeBra mods in your config file
    • result: derelict elements will not be generated. Bikini mods will use the vulnerable physics code. No errors will occur during bikini loading.
  • use moreClothing with whichever mods you want, but force-load the corrected physics code by placing a new physics-based mod very high (e.g. first) in your moreClothing config file
    • the Leash mods have recently been republished using v5.7 of the physics code, so any one of those would serve
    • note: you don't actually need to use the Leash mod during gameplay. It simply needs to appear in your moreClothing config file (and the MOD file must be placed in the moreClothingMods folder, of course). The leash mod must be loaded prior to any of the bikini mods -- this will occur automatically during startup if you've configured everything correctly.
    • note: the bikini mods can appear in the moreClothing config file (after the leash mod), but they don't need to be managed through moreClothing. You can load them manually during gameplay if you prefer.
    • result: derelict elements will be generated. Any bikini mods, whether loaded via moreClothing or manually, will rely on the fixed physics code. No errors will occur during bikini loading.

aztlan

Casual Client
Thanks stunt'- your 3rd option seems to most versatile (if counter-intuitive from what I might have expected).

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Hi guys,

With the introduction of the new site I regain interest in SDT modding. Several month ago Stuntcock provide a fix for the last bug with moreclothing. I am waiting for the implementation of the latest features of the forum before re upload the bikini mods and remake the post at the same time.

aztlan

Casual Client
These are great - thanks. A couple of suggestions/requests...
Could you update the links on the first post (especially to Dynamic Hair).
Some of these in various states of undress would be cool ... Bras either pushed down or front clasp/tie undone would be nice, as would having panties pushed down around thighs, calves or dangling from one leg...

Huitznahua

Content Creator
These are great - thanks. A couple of suggestions/requests...
Could you update the links on the first post (especially to Dynamic Hair).
Thank you for reporting this broken links, I had totally forgotten.

Some of these in various states of undress would be cool ... Bras either pushed down or front clasp/tie undone would be nice, as would having panties pushed down around thighs, calves or dangling from one leg...
I'm pretty sure that the pushed down bra, panties pushed down around thights or dangling from one leg already exists. I can't find them and I do not plan to do a remake, sorry.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
UPDATE : New Bikini Flag

Germany.png
Russia.png
Ukrain.png

Flag with vertical lines, like Italy, are more complicated than flag with horizontal lines, like Germany. So if I can do something satisfying, many new bikini flag will arrive.

Last edited:

aztlan

Casual Client
I'm pretty sure that the pushed down bra, panties pushed down around thights or dangling from one leg already exists. I can't find them and I do not plan to do a remake, sorry.

Most of these do exist (all except around thighs AFAIK), however what almost all are is just a simple one color article. I was hoping you might remake some of these with your new textures. But I can certainly understand if you are not interested (and frankly sort of expected you might not be).

In any case, thanks for all the great mods!

Elsa69

Potential Patron
Huitz, thanks for the recent update. I love the bikini flag range that you have recently made. Also the problems that I experienced earlier are now none-existent thanks to that strip of "code" that you stick in the more clothing settings file. I can now enjoy the mods to my hearts content without worrying about missing straps and or other buggy issues. However in the 2 mins of playing around with it I have found an issue. If you have the mods preinstalled (by placing them in the more-clothings folder in init (it was complaining about not finding them so I figure I'd put them in there), once you flick through them and change the colour on one, instead of changing the colour of all of them, like what would happen with any other clothing, it would remember the previous clothing colours but not really. Sometimes it would revert back to the original colours from launch but others from just before. It seems quite strange as to how it does it. I have now loaded the mod normally and it still seems quite strange when flicking through. I'm guessing I'm missing something but nevertheless I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case there was something wrong with it from your end.
It's something that can be worked around quite easily (don't continually switch through bras) so it's no biggie (far easier than the work arounds to make it work above).

Elsa69 :)

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Huitz, thanks for the recent update. I love the bikini flag range that you have recently made. Also the problems that I experienced earlier are now none-existent thanks to that strip of "code" that you stick in the more clothing settings file. I can now enjoy the mods to my hearts content without worrying about missing straps and or other buggy issues.
Glad you like it :)

However in the 2 mins of playing around with it I have found an issue. If you have the mods preinstalled (by placing them in the more-clothings folder in init (it was complaining about not finding them so I figure I'd put them in there), once you flick through them and change the colour on one, instead of changing the colour of all of them, like what would happen with any other clothing, it would remember the previous clothing colours but not really. Sometimes it would revert back to the original colours from launch but others from just before. It seems quite strange as to how it does it. I have now loaded the mod normally and it still seems quite strange when flicking through. I'm guessing I'm missing something but nevertheless I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case there was something wrong with it from your end.
It's something that can be worked around quite easily (don't continually switch through bras) so it's no biggie (far easier than the work arounds to make it work above).

Elsa69 :)
With the last release I've forgot to adjust one feature implement by stuncock wich automatically change the color for some of the bikini.
So the trouble that you describe above occur with the animal skin patterns or not ?

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Need feedback !

I'm currently uprading my Chloe Outfit and I would like your opinions (especially about the sleeves and the shoulder).

List of changes :
  • Most of the outlines have been retraced ;
  • The "armor" has been reorganised ;
  • Modification of the sleeves (I tried to adapt the shoulder of a @Ah P mod) ;
  • Adding gloves for all hands positions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.