Horizon Zero Dawn (1 Viewer)

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
The game has been released for a while but I haven't seen any ryona Video surfaced yet , So for the ones who played it , Is the game very poor in Ryona content or It has its moments ?

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
I wouldn't say it's poor. The game doesn't zoom in or focus on you after you get killed so it's possible to be obscured a bit depending on camera angle. I can't recall if the game lets you linger or not after death because I usually end up pressing something pretty soon. She ragdolls fairly realistically. Her character model doesn't take damage from what I can tell so if people are into that then it would be no good.

If some interesting death happens to me I'll be sure to save some videos and get a collection but it wouldn't be particularly fun for me to stand around getting killed a bunch, especially in the same way. The game is, after all, super fun even without ryona content so I want to explore! XD

I'll let you guys know if I get an interesting enough death compilation to post.

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Still haven't gotten around to playing this yet, but one of the things that kind of disturbed me from all the pre-release gameplay was that none of the enemies seemed to have any grapple moves. Is this correct?

All these unique looking robot enemies and even the human enemies seem to just strike you in a generic fashion. Would be nice if they could do grapple moves similar to some of the creatures from Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma. Definitely a missed opportunity if they can't.

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
Still haven't gotten around to playing this yet, but one of the things that kind of disturbed me from all the pre-release gameplay was that none of the enemies seemed to have any grapple moves. Is this correct?

All these unique looking robot enemies and even the human enemies seem to just strike you in a generic fashion. Would be nice if they could do grapple moves similar to some of the creatures from Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma. Definitely a missed opportunity if they can't.

I haven't been grappled. I've only fought around 20% of the enemies though. Most attacks just knock you down from what I can tell, outside of elemental attacks such as fire and electricity. If you let an enemy into grappling distance you're very likely in trouble with these enemies due to dying within 3 or so hits if you don't start healing yourself. The focus of the gameplay is on your ranged attacks such as bows where Dark souls would make more sense to grapple as most combat is closer range.

Unfortunately for you guys, last playthrough I didn't get killed at all. Mwahahahahaha!

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Thanks for the info.

I was kind of hoping that the reason for wanting to keep enemies at range would be their deadly grapple moves, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unfortunately. With all the cool looking robot designs they could have come up with some nice moves, too.

SecretIdentity

Casual Client
Update: When you die, it does indeed cut off rather quickly, like a second or two after hitting the ground, and I fell completely obscured into tall grass, so...yeah. The ryona is mostly some pained cries, getting knocked around, and electricity if people like that aspect of ryona.

I could see where they could have incorporated more grappling moves into enemies and it would have been cool, but then they might need to incorporate more close range options for you in return rather than just a spear. Maybe in the sequel that will surely come out unless the ending ruins a sequel chance, which is highly unlikely.

EDIT: Oh, but there are female bandits that you can shoot with arrows or knock around with your spear.

RyonaDamsels

Ryonani Teamster
Many Thanks for the information SecretIdentity , A shame that it has very generic Ryona , Guess Western Developers don't go into hit and attack animation like Japanese developers do

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Alright, thanks for the update. I was actually going to ask if they (like other devs) forgot to add female enemies to the mix. Happy to hear that is not the case.

Sucks that there isn't that much in the way of specific ryona animations. But I kind of expected it from what I saw from the earlier previews. Ah well, like you said, maybe a sequel will bring more to the table in this regard.

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.