Help with Flash Pro CS6 (1 Viewer)

walkeroftheocean

Avid Affiliate
Hi, I think I need a little help. I made my first mod in Flash Pro CS6, but when I try to publish it says "Call to a possibly undefined method registerMod". What does that mean, and how do I fix it?

stuntcock

Content Creator
walkeroftheocean said:
Hi, I think I need a little help. I made my first mod in Flash Pro CS6, but when I try to publish it says "Call to a possibly undefined method registerMod". What does that mean, and how do I fix it?
registerMod is a function related to SDT. By default, Flash has only a basic set of keywords - things like Array and var and this. You're trying to create an SDT mod in a pristine Flash environment, and Flash doesn't know what "registerMod" means.

If you're working with one of the templates, then the folder which contains your FLA file should also contain a subfolder called "SDTMods" -- which contains three ActionScript files (ModElements.as, ModPackage.as, ModTypes.as). Flash needs to know about these files before it can publish your content into an SWF. In particular, ModPackage.as defines the "registerMod" method.

Once the files are in the correct place, add the following line to the ActionScript code within your FLA file -- above all of your calls to the registerMod method.
Code:
import SDTMods.*;

If you don't have the AS files then you'll need to grab a template file (like this one), extract it in a temporary folder, and then copy its SDTMods subfolder into the working directory which contains your FLA file(s).

If you prefer to have lots of different working folders and you don't want to copy/paste AS files all over the place, then you can also adjust the Source Path setting in Flash.

stuntcock

Content Creator
walkeroftheocean said:
Just one more question - how do I get different breast sizes for the reference layer in the template?

Assets >> TemplateElements >> BodyElements >> BodyRightBreastTemplate

The timeline has six keyframes with tweens connecting them (150 frames in total). Copy-paste the BodyRightBreastTemplate and BodyLeftBreastTemplate onto your stage and fit your costume onto them at each keyframe, then tween up the costume pieces (straps? bra-cups? armor plates?) so that your costume fits around the breast shape at every frame.

Note that this technique is potentially quite difficult - it depends on the complexity of your costume and the number of pieces which must be reshaped to accommodate the breasts. It is not strictly necessary to do the work that I mentioned above. Your mod can include a CharData string which explicitly sets the breast slider to a specific value. So you could just choose your favourite breast size (or "the size which is most appropriate for your character"), draw clothing which fits, and ignore the other sizes. Many modders have released costumes which look great in their initial state but "break" as soon as the user adjusts the slider.

This technique is also not required if you're creating a new piercing -- they remain anchored to the nipple so you don't need to worry about breast shape. And if you're willing to use Loader mods then it's possible to create a sling-bikini which conforms to the body without dealing with any keyframes or tweens.

I'd recommend that you try something simple (e.g. a hat) for an initial modding project -- breast-adaptive torso costumes can be very frustrating.

walkeroftheocean

Avid Affiliate
Some pics of a, *ahem* certain singer. Hair mods are mine, as are the tops and backgrounds. Bottoms are mods found on site.

The red circled bits are the problem areas. It's the torso under parts of the tops, which I color in normally on Flash, but ingame they disappear/go transparent-ish. Any ideas why it's doing that?

Attachments

• flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-18-14-86.jpg
    flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-18-14-86.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 85
  • flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-18-01-65.jpg
    flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-18-01-65.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 81
  • flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-14-58-18.jpg
    flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-14-58-18.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 79
  • flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-14-43-69.jpg
    flashplayer_10_3r183_90_win_sa 2015-01-24 22-14-43-69.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 86

stuntcock

Content Creator
walkeroftheocean said:
The red circled bits are the problem areas. It's the torso under parts of the tops, which I color in normally on Flash, but ingame they disappear/go transparent-ish. Any ideas why it's doing that?
Assets >> Template Elements >> Body Elements >> Left Shoulder Body

The left shoulder is missing from your reference layer. Add it, draw/stretch some extra shirt to cover it, and you should be good to go. It looks like you've already drawn the sleeve onto the Left Upper Arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.