First Dialogue: Help and Feedback (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
Typical scenario where man uses guy's daughter to settle a debt...

Feel free to use, improve and give feedback as this is my first dialogue.

Requires latest dialogue actions

Used a standing animtools position found here: AnimTools position standing
Used DrZombi's loader: DrZombi's Sweet Treats
Used Fleack's "Fleack's_Facefuck5" position found here: Fleack Positions.zip | Solidfiles

[Running into a problem at around the "2context11" mark on line 141 where [AUTO_X] triggers will crash the game...
Jaxx Jaxx

Attachments

SDT.txt
58.1 KB · Views: 316

Jaxx

Content Creator
I'm gonna need your positions file as well, I need to recreate your context to figure out what's going on

Jaxx

Content Creator
Ok... I have to admit your dialogue gave me a hard time... I didn't correct everything, it would be too long and you wouldn't learn :wink:
2 major issues:
  • many line breaks due to teeth clenching. She does that on an angry mood, so when she clench teeth, the dialogue lines where she speaks cannot fire and the dialogue is broken. To fix it, open your animtools setting file in the settings folder of your loader, and change the line disableteethclenching=0 to disableteethclenching=1
  • About the bug, cuz it's really a bug, that turn your vigour counter to NaN and mess everything else, I reckon this is a bug from your atp_rudgar_other_standing position. I didn't look further, nor try to correct it, even if I slightly adjusted a few things, but this position seems to be the reason for the bug. I ran your dialogue several times by ignoring this position and the glitch didn't occur. You might have to do it from scratch to be sure.
Possible other issues and minor changes:
  • It is possible that the huge size of the dick you're using is responsible for a few complications. I lowered it at some places in your dialogue, not everywhere. You'll set it however you want.
  • I got rid of the 1st finishes wild card, it was completely unessecary, furthermore, you have to reboot the game or your dialogue won't work properly if it's based on the finishes wildcards. Look to what I did and you'll understand how to get rid of this constraint, it's very simple.
A few tips:
  • Your dialogue file was encoded using UTF-16, I'm not sure it's fully compatible with SDT, I usually write using UTF8 no BOM with notepad++ and a language setting that provide me highlighting for syntax and help me to avoid common mistakes. That's how I spotted a few quotes forgotten in your dialogue that would have broken it further in your story
  • the speak style is totaly useless, if you just don't specify any style, it will be a spoken line from her
  • You should definitely get familiar with MoreTriggers mod from DrZombi DrZombi and CustomAutomation mod from @colin , they provide many triggers and mechanics that would be very useful in your dialogue
I took the liberty to make some adjustments to some broken mechanics, there are some others to fix though, but I'll let you look into it. I didn't have your settings and mods folders so I worked with what I had.

Attachments

SDT.txt
31.1 KB · Views: 163

atp_rudgar_other_standing.txt
3.6 KB · Views: 120

Jaxx

Content Creator
Oh... I just noticed you wrote in your fist post that you used positions you found and downloaded, which means you might not be very familiar with setting up new positions...
In that case, I'll help you with this later

DrZombi

Content Creator
Oh... I just noticed you wrote in your fist post that you used positions you found and downloaded, which means you might not be very familiar with setting up new positions...
In that case, I'll help you with this later

He also wrote that he used my bundle to develop and test his dialogue. Which means he used Animtoolsv15. So Teeth Clenching IS disabled by default because the settings option to choose this has been added later :smile:
This also means that you did not test his dialogue in the conditions that he recommended. So you cannot make him responsible for this bug. This is your problem :grin::grin: (Just trolling)

D Deleted member 70674 : Jaxx Jaxx 's right that using notepad++ with a special syntax coloring dedicated to SDT is very useful to avoid a lot of common simple mistakes. @Pim_gd and I have written and provided such .xml files to the community. Mine can be found in my helper bundle, look at my signature.

Jaxx

Content Creator
So he uses a deprecated bundle :grin::grin::grin:
At the first update everything would have went wrong... anyway, I'm confirming that the atp_rudgar_other_standing position is responsible for screwing up SDT.
I made another one for you, just because I'm a sweet guy :grin:

Attachments

standing_face2face.txt
3.6 KB · Views: 141

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
Aye thanks Jaxx Jaxx , appreciate the effort you put into the response. You are right about the atp standing position, however the dialogue works if I delete the 2nd instance but still keep the first.
Although running your new dialogue, it seems to skip straight from the first line to the action, which screws up the dialogue as there's no dick visible.
Also, what does MOUSE_BUTTON_UP do? I can't seem to find what it does in any of the trigger lines or forum threads.
I think I'll keep using my format, except with notepad++ with the new encoding and using DrZombi's helper bundle.
Secondly, with concern to GROW_HIS_PENIS_BY_<>, how do I know what number to put in to get the result I want?

I'll be able to put more work in the dialogue today since its a public holiday today...
Once again thanks to you both!! You too DrZombi DrZombi !

Jaxx

Content Creator
Ah, yes, forget about [MOUSE_BUTTON_UP] for now, you can even delete it, I used it while I was trying things, it's related to CustomAutomation, which I insist, could bring you A LOT of advantages to your dialogue, even getting rid of some dialogue disruptions.

Anyway, instead of going into extensive explanations, you'll see the dialogues I'll release soon and understand all of it.
It is true that the first line is skipped, I noticed that when I put your dialogue into DrZombi's bundle, I don't know why, I didn't try to figure out either cuz it took me some time already, but I know I fixed it with something from CustomAutomation.

I believe it has something to do with her position when the dialogue is loaded and you can't correct it as long as the screen is black, that's why I used this mod to lock her half way, there was no issue anymore, and her eyes matched her mood a bit more (try manually to move your mouse and see how her eyes change in this standing position).

But do not hesitate to use the new position I provided you 2 messages above, you shouldn't have any issue with it.

DrZombi

Content Creator
Aye thanks Jaxx Jaxx Secondly, with concern to GROW_HIS_PENIS_BY_<>, how do I know what number to put in to get the result I want?

I wrote this in the MoreTriggers doc (available on the dedicated thread and in the .zip):

[GROW_HIS_PENIS_BY_<value>] & [SHRINK_HIS_PENIS_BY_<value>]: This trigger smoothly grows/shrinks his penis by the value you give * ~0.005 (~0.005 per frame). So using a [SHRINK_HIS_PENIS_BY_20] will really shrink it by 20 * 0.005 = 0.1 over 20 frames. (In fact, you'll go from 1.2 to 1.0999999999999992, and not 1.1 but I found the error margin acceptable :D)

It's not the first time that people ask me questions about things that I've already explained in the docs. At first I was like "WTF lazy people" but I begin to wonder if there could be any problem with my doc. Could you please help me by telling me:

1) Is it easily findable ? The doc is available on the dedicated thread and in the .zip (Notes.txt)
2) Is it clear enough ? If it is not, please tell me which parts are not well understandable so that I can re-write them better.

Don't misunderstand me, it IS always a pleasure to help people who use my mods, but I'm just feeling a bit frustrated when the answer they need is just the raw text taken from the doc that I've already took a lot of time to write and put in form :oops:

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
What there's a doc? :o I guess I was a bit lazy not checking the thread though...
In the zip for me there was just one folder called "Helper-Bundle v1.01". In it had the background tailor, changelog, Hair template, Line types tester, notepad udl and trigger testers. (All of which are amazing tbh) But no doc though.

DrZombi

Content Creator
What there's a doc? :o I guess I was a bit lazy not checking the thread though...
In the zip for me there was just one folder called "Helper-Bundle v1.01". In it had the background tailor, changelog, Hair template, Line types tester, notepad udl and trigger testers. (All of which are amazing tbh) But no doc though.

Ah ah ok I understand what happened. Since you've used my bundle to start off, you just never had to download MoreTriggers on its own. That's why you did not know about those.

So here is the dedicated thread: More Triggers for DialogueActions

You'll find my mods, a link to the resource manager to download them, the useful colored version of the doc...
And if you do download the .zip of MoreTriggers you'll find inside the plain text doc, the .JSON for DialogueChecker, an example for the credits-settings, templates for the Progress Bars, etc... :smile:

Deleted member 70674

Vivacious Visitor
This might be a stupid question but is there a way to get her to speak during vaginal sex? I created a position during animtools but "speak" lines won't trigger. Do I have to use thought lines or is there a way around this? Also, are there audio triggers for vaginal or do I have to use the default oral ones?

Rudgar

Content Creator
This might be a stupid question but is there a way to get her to speak during vaginal sex? I created a position during animtools but "speak" lines won't trigger. Do I have to use thought lines or is there a way around this? Also, are there audio triggers for vaginal or do I have to use the default oral ones?
Did you switch your position from "oral" to "vaginal"? Maybe this keeps her from talking (No comments now about girls saying sorry with their other pair of lips, gentlemen ;) )

You can find it on button page 1, left column, the very first option at the top.

HTH, Rudgar

DrZombi

Content Creator
Did you switch your position from "oral" to "vaginal"? Maybe this keeps her from talking (No comments now about girls saying sorry with their other pair of lips, gentlemen ;) )

You can find it on button page 1, left column, the very first option at the top.

HTH, Rudgar

Says the guy who delivered praying, begging and other stuff like this with a position type of 0 instead of 4...

:wink:

(Just trolling, you did a great job and I just changed that :tongue:)

Jaxx

Content Creator
DrZombi and Rudgar are right, as long as the position is not specified as oral, nothing about it should prevent her to speak. Check the dialogue log to see if conditions are satisfied. If "Him" or "Thought" lines are being triggered, try to remove the style (no style is "speak" by default, remember?) to see if they trigger anyway.
If none of the above works, what kind of event should be triggering your lines ? Maybe queued unexisting lines are blocking the lines you're trying to execute.

Rudgar

Content Creator
[...] I'm confirming that the atp_rudgar_other_standing position is responsible for screwing up SDT.
I made another one for you, just because I'm a sweet guy :grin:
If you'd be a really sweet guy, you'd do me the favour and maybe tell me which part exactly screws up SDT, so I have a chance to maybe fix it - TIA! :cool:

Regards, Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.