Final Fight 2 (1 Viewer)

neosushi

Casual Client
Final Fight is one of my favourite games, perhaps my favourite beat-em-up ever. Basically, you pick from a selection of badasses and just kick bad guy ass. It has many aspects of ryona that suit my tastes very well, which I will be overviewing in this post. My favourite type of ryona is one where a very competent heroine fights and fights and fights, slowly getting worn down. She fights against all odds and seemingly overcomes them, only for even worse situations to occur. She fights until she is unable to fight any longer. What happens next is up the the imagination, but this is the sort of fight I enjoy.

The one that I owned as a kid was Final Fight 2. The sequel just has far superior ryona potential, as the first game only had male leads. The female in Final Fight 2, Maki, does not disappoint. In the story, the gang from the first game kidnaps Maki's dad and sister. Maki has to rescue them and calls Haggar for help.

Great stories, for me, are not all that important for both beat-em-up games or ryona. However, there needs to be enough of one to pull the heroine into the story. Beating up a girl for the sake of beating her up is good and all, but it is not very engaging if there is no reason for her to be there. The story does just well enough to pull Maki into tight situations.

So, who is Maki? Well, let's take a look.

01.jpg

Physically, she's like most video-game females. She's smaller and weaker than her male counterparts, but makes up for it with her agility. At 5'4” and 114 lbs, she is smaller and lighter than even a lot of teenagers. But boy, don't let that figure fool you. She's a complete badass. Good ryona is not all about dominance over the heroine; it is about establishing the heroine as a formidable threat and finding ways to break her down. The competence of the heroine drives the ryona fantasy, and Maki is more than capable of pulling her own weight.

05.jpg
Maki pulls... erm... throws more than her own weight.

06.jpg
and more... by the way... is she really not wearing any underwear?

Maki is small, has short reach, but is able to use her speed to close the distance. Once she gets close, she can muster up surprising strength. Her fighting style is defined by her skill and finesse. Strong, small, sexy. Her attire allows her to move free-flowingly. Revealing, but covering just enough to make its eventual removal by the villains to be worthwhile. If you're able to watch her fight before getting knocked unconscious, you'll notice that all of her moves reveal either her sexy back or her lack of underwear.

02.jpg
That back... wow!

03.jpg
Yeah... she's not wearing any...

04.jpg
This spin-kick is even better, knowing what she's wearing (or not wearing...). Guess the move is called "Extra Joy" for a reason

09.jpg
She's so badass, she can blow fences up by punching them

The format of the game is simple. It is arranged in 6 stages. In each stage, Maki faces off against hordes of nameless mooks (well, they have names. It's just that they all have the exact same name). The mooks are not threatening enough to actually defeat our lovely heroine, but they are just dangerous enough to deal damage and wear her down. From very large men that outmuscle Maki, to torches that burn her, to electrotorture, there are just many different threats Maki has to deal with.

12.jpg
Looks pretty sexy, but my gosh you should hear the sound effect. It's very... inappropriate.

13.jpg
It's not just about beating her up. Electro-torture is a thing too.

14.jpg
As well as burnings.

15.jpg
Andore's always been one of my favourites. Maki is completely overmatched physically.

In one of the levels, she's fighting on a boat with passengers on board. The passengers just sit there calmly, watching a gang of ugly men beating the tar out of Maki, behaving as though nothing is out of the ordinary. In fact, they even clap and take photos.

22.jpg

Even the regular people in-universe enjoy themselves some ryona.

17.jpg

Even the environment is against Maki.

After her arduous journey through the seemingly endlessly waves of gangsters, her efforts are rewarded by the end-of-level boss. There are the large and scary ones, Won Won (shown in a pic above), Freddie and Bratken. Bratken is scary, as he seems to be some sort of dangerous convict who, I imagine, made a deal with the antagonist to break Maki's back for his freedom.

My favourite of these three scary monsters however is Freddie. He's some sort of military dude and Maki fights him in an air base. When Maki gets knocked to the floor, he has this move where he jumps in the air and sits on Maki. It is timed so that it hits just as Maki gets up. I imagine Maki getting the wind knocked out of her, and just as she's about to recover, a pain twice as bad knocks her and puts her into more of a daze.

Freddie has this other amazing move where he grabs Maki, jumps in the air and slams her into the ground. The animation itself is awkward, so you gotta use your imagination. He's pulling the move off in one of two ways:1) It's a body slam. He has one arm around Maki's neck, and the other arm in a very inappropriate area (think about what she's wearing...) 2) It's a pile driver, in which case, his head is hovering over an inappropriate area.

18.jpg

19.jpg
A jail cell in some sewer-like location. Scary...

After defeating the scary villains that completely overpower Maki, she's in for something different. She fights Phillippe, some sort of joker-like character. I imagine him as a mastermind sort of character, plotting Maki's demise through trickery instead of through force. I imagine him luring Maki into a trap and defeating her that way instead of winning in a straight up fight. You know what, Phillippe is the true antagonist of the game and he's the one that orchestrated the events of this game. Yeah, cuz I said so.

21.jpg
After facing so many muscleheads, Maki must learn to fight against tricksters.

So after Phillippe fakes getting defeated by Maki, she goes off and fights another completely different foe, Rolent. Up until now, Maki has been using her speed to overcome her larger and stronger opponents. However, the power dynamic changes as she fights Rolent. She is no match for Rolent's speed, yet is a closer match physically. However, as small as Rolent is, he's still well built and is not any weaker than Maki physically. How will she cope with this fight where she has neither a speed advantage nor a physical one. While I do enjoy the smaller heroine vs musclehead dynamic in ryona, a speed vs speed element is an interesting twist that I do like on occasion. She is disadvantaged in this fight. Rolent is far faster, and physically he's not even any weaker than Maki. How will she overcome this battle?

23.jpg
Rolent moves so quickly even our speedy heroine has trouble keeping up

Finally, our heroine finds herself back in Japan, where she prepares for her Final Fight!

24.jpg
Alone in a dark room.

25.jpg

So there's this guy... I can't even explain him. He's supposed to be the leader ofthe gang, but as we already established, Phillippe is the one pulling the strings. I guess he's pretty well built and is able to give Makia tough time. After a long and brutal battle, Retu I guess falls out the door and the final boss has been defeated. Yay, ending! Maki is on the ground, completely exhausted after her victory. However, all is going according to Phillippe's plan. A man that Maki believes to be Haggar walks up to her. She realizes too late that the man towering over her is in fact not Haggar, but some sort of super Andore. The Andore of all Andores. Imagine if Andore was not just some random nobody, but was a boss. You know how Andore just towers over everyone and can outmuscle any random gangster. Now imagine this in boss form. Imagine Freddie is just some regular boss, and Andore just towers over Freddie. This is how scary Super Andore is.

Maki is completely exhausted from her battle against Retu (as well as all of theprevious bosses), barely able to move, but now she has to face off against her toughest foe yet. What follows is the most brutal beating yet, followed by one of the best ending scenes of all time.

26.jpg
We are rewarded for our efforts with a great ending.

In conclusion, Final Fight makes for some great ryona. It features:
- An incredible heroine worth breaking
- Endless waves of faceless mooks that aren't threatening enough to defeat her, but enough to wear her down
- Boss fights that bring our heroine to the limit, testing her every skill
- Great ending

On top of having great ryona moments, Final Fight 2 is a great game in its own right. If you haven't already, I would fully recommend giving it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Fantastic writeup. I loved Maki growing up, and still she is one of my top favourites. Total babe but kicks ass as well. And she looks fantastic taking a beating.

mm_mml

Avid Affiliate
Definately prefer your super Andore final boss idea and I never thought of the people on the boat cheering for Maki's beating, makes the stage better

Weiss Ritter

Ryonani Teamster
I think the way you wrote this up makes it even more appealing than playing the game itself. Terrific job! I especially agree with your opening bit about the competent heroine. For me, it's almost not even ryona anymore if the heroine is portrayed as weak or pathetic.

neosushi

Casual Client
Glad the writeup was enjoyed. I wasn't sure what I was going for going into the writeup. All I knew was that I had a sudden urge to play Final Fight 2, and that I wanted to talk about the game on these forums, so I might as well take a few screenshots and do a writeup. It ended up somewhere between story-time and an analysis. This forum has a lot of good stories, and a lot of good discussion about general aspects of ryona, but discussion about particular works is less common.

I actually intended this to be a general Final Fight thread because Final Fight 3's heroine, Lucia, is really hot too. The format of the game is pretty much the same (I liked Maki's boss fights more) and I didn't want to say the exact same things twice, so I didn't have very much left to say. I see Maki as pure and graceful while Lucia is a little rougher. She actually has clothing on below the waist, but makes up for it with her bare belly (making for a better belly punching target).

Final Fight 3_00157.jpg

I liked Final Fight 2 more overall, but 3 had a better ending.

Final Fight 3_00186.jpg

I think the way you wrote this up makes it even more appealing than playing the game itself. Terrific job! I especially agree with your opening bit about the competent heroine. For me, it's almost not even ryona anymore if the heroine is portrayed as weak or pathetic.

The helpless heroine is almost a different genre and it is completely different, but I actually do enjoy that too. Not as much as the strong heroine. But I would have, for example, loved to see how this match would have ended up:

Today in History: Trish Stratus vs. Kane | Diva Dirt

I would have enjoyed the hell out of that match and that's more along the lines of a helpless, weak heroine. Not that Trish Stratus is pathetic or anything, but put her next to Kane and well... she's pretty much helpless

meepmeep

Ryonani Teamster
lucia.jpg Was always a Lucia man myself. Loved her belly and bare legs. Also loved the Game Over screen's attention to detail in her chest area, apparently depicting a sports bra so tight that it is folding her massive tits upward onto themselves?

Reeeeeeallllllly gonna fuck up those mammaries when the spikes come down, but shit, you can't expect your hot bod to buy you mercy from the Mad Gear gang if you're a vigilante police officer who just got your sexy ass kicked! Those guys are sadists! They're gonna take turns laying pipe inside your blonde 115 lb frame and then throw you into a spiked death trap! Shit!

mm_mml

Avid Affiliate
I actually intended this to be a general Final Fight thread because Final Fight 3's heroine, Lucia, is really hot too.

I honestly prefer the girls in Final FIght over Blaze from Streets of Rage. Their both great, too bad only Maki got an updated sprite from CVS2

Ryonassault

Ryonani Teamster
Fantastic writeup. I loved Maki growing up, and still she is one of my top favourites. Total babe but kicks ass as well. And she looks fantastic taking a beating.

Agree with this. Never seen such a thorough and detailed write up with some much attention to the details. In all the screenshots you give most every sprite one might see of the lovely Maki. Man I remember renting this game over and over and over just so I could enjoy Maki beatings. This was definitely one of the childhood faves by far. It's a shame that FF3's heroine was not done as nicely, imo.

Fans remade Streets of Rage... I wish they would do a remake of this as well and make a very sexy version of Maki...

neosushi

Casual Client
I honestly prefer the girls in Final FIght over Blaze from Streets of Rage. Their both great, too bad only Maki got an updated sprite from CVS2

Blaze is amazing, but I'm not that big a fan of Streets of Rage. I was a nintendo boy growing up so I have a SNES > Genesis bias but when I go back to play Streets of Rage... I dunno it's "only" fun. The great Genesis beat-em-up for me is Golden Axe. Now THAT game has a great heroine

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
I have always thought that the general lack of Lucia and Blaze ryona has always puzzled me. Those two seem like natural candidates for some good ryona content. I think if I were ever to commission anything it would have to be either one of those two.

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Good thread to read. It inspired me to commission Maki being attacked by my character, remind me how hot she is in my SNES days. :D

Any attacks you want to see? Maybe I can put it in if able

Last edited by a moderator:

Selene

Ryonani Teamster
Lucia's my favorite between the girls in Final Fight games - one of my favorite girls on the whole, actually. As some would already know, I'm also fond of having Poison from the first game in an aggressor role.

neosushi

Casual Client
This is just an aside and you probably already know this, but just like the console port of the first Final Fight all enemy women were removed from the US port of FF2. You can see some shots and the other changes below.

Regional Differences -Rage Quitter 87's Final Fight 2 shrine

Ah of course! I thought it was weird. When I was a kid, I owned a Japanese console and owned the Japanese version of the game. Then when I went to play the US version on emulator recently, I thought it was weird that there were no girls in it. I just thought "ah, I misremembered, maybe it was the other games that had the girls."

Good thread to read. It inspired me to commission Maki being attacked by my character, remind me how hot she is in my SNES days. :D

Any attacks you want to see? Maybe I can put it in if able

I just pictured Maki getting grabbed/held from behind, and the fattie with the electric forks approaching her with an ugly grin on his face. Probably wouldn't fit if it's a 1 on 1 battle

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
Lucia's my favorite between the girls in Final Fight games - one of my favorite girls on the whole, actually. As some would already know, I'm also fond of having Poison from the first game in an aggressor role.

Lucia never gets any love. If ScribbleKid ever starts taking commissions again I might have to see what he can do.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Maki is great and I love her but Lucia as some of you have expressed is awesome and she DOES need move love. I think it is because of her short hair and lack of bearhug in her game. Most ryona moves in that game are meh(for me)

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
I just pictured Maki getting grabbed/held from behind, and the fattie with the electric forks approaching her with an ugly grin on his face. Probably wouldn't fit if it's a 1 on 1 battle
But that will harm the one who holding her too. :P

Maki is great and I love her but Lucia as some of you have expressed is awesome and she DOES need move love. I think it is because of her short hair and lack of bearhug in her game. Most ryona moves in that game are meh(for me)
At least it has May's frankensteiner.

My fav. move in Final Fight series is grab move, like May's or Andore's throw.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
Yeah, I love Final Fight, too. The girls were super hot, and being a fan of peril/ bad ends/ game over sequences, it really doesn't get any better than FF. I'm not actually sure which girl I prefer, Maki or Lucia. Maki is the one I think about the most, and my Maki folder is at least ten times larger than my Lucia one, but that's mostly on account of how popular Maki is in Japan, and thus how easy it is to find material of her (at least compared to Lucia). ON the other hand, Lucia's haircut and outfit both hit some major subfetishes of mine, and they do a much better job of accentuating her tits than they did with Maki. Maki is most likely the one I prefer, but it really depends on which one happens to be in front of me at any given moment.

One thing I do wish is that they'd redo the original game, or at least the original game over sequence, with Maki and Lucia as potential victims. The whole tied-up-with-dynamite thing has a load of sexy potential, but sadly it's mostly relegated to fanart and the odd doujin.

Anyway, you guys who enjoy blood might like this. It's an anim from one of the Maki threads on Gurochan, way back in the day.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, I love Final Fight, too. The girls were super hot, and being a fan of peril/ bad ends/ game over sequences, it really doesn't get any better than FF. I'm not actually sure which girl I prefer, Maki or Lucia. Maki is the one I think about the most, and my Maki folder is at least ten times larger than my Lucia one, but that's mostly on account of how popular Maki is in Japan, and thus how easy it is to find material of her (at least compared to Lucia). ON the other hand, Lucia's haircut and outfit both hit some major subfetishes of mine, and they do a much better job of accentuating her tits than they did with Maki. Maki is most likely the one I prefer, but it really depends on which one happens to be in front of me at any given moment.

One thing I do wish is that they'd redo the original game, or at least the original game over sequence, with Maki and Lucia as potential victims. The whole tied-up-with-dynamite thing has a load of sexy potential, but sadly it's mostly relegated to fanart and the odd doujin.

Anyway, you guys who enjoy blood might like this. It's an anim from one of the Maki threads on Gurochan, way back in the day.

I'm glad there's that sentence at the end. Didn't want to leave us in suspense there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.