Extracting Character Screenshots (1 Viewer)

jarhead70

Potential Patron
I'm trying to figure out how to extract the pics SDT created when saving a character setup. I tried opening ChoIrrumatio_thumbs.sol file with minerva, copy/paste the blob from CustomCharShots array. Problem is, idk what format used to store those images. They're not .jpg or .png, and I tried .raw, but none works.

Can anybody help me?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i would think they would be bitmaps

looked around a bit, saw a side project called SolVE that looks at flash shared objects (as apposed to minerva). you can try that out if the bitmap format does not work

jarhead70

Potential Patron
sby said:
i would think they would be bitmaps

looked around a bit, saw a side project called SolVE that looks at flash shared objects (as apposed to minerva). you can try that out if the bitmap format does not work
By bitmap you mean the BMP format? Nope, doesn't work.

SolVE as opposed to Minerva? I don't follow you there. Both have roughly the same functionality, that is to view/edit/save sol files. SolVE however discontinued as of 2004, while minerva as of 2012.

I don't understand what you're suggesting. Both SolVE and Minerva would dump/display the blob. I took that blob, then paste it to a hex-editor and save it as a new file. The thing is, I can't see any recognizable image headers from the blob. So how does SDT pull the blob from the sol file and display it as image? I don't know any AS scripting, but I figure SDT would use an AS API to do it. Just what format does the API default to (i.e. mid/low level windows API expects BMP or WMF for display).

ModGuy

Content Creator
Either a serialised object or bytearray probs.
Find a way to export (do .sdt files include this info?), or read in the SharedObject in a renamed swf and export out the data with some image encoding lib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.