Export position configuration as swf (1 Viewer)

christine olivier

Potential Patron
Hi everybody,

Firstly I apologize for my bad english because I'm not a native english speaker.

I'm very fan of this game that I discovered something like 3 years ago. Today I'd like to create a free website for SDT to permits people from my country to discover the game before they want to download the game.

I made a homepage that explain what is the game and how people can contribute on mods with your community and contribute to my website by sending screenshots for example.

And I created another menu Item called : "The game" with a submenu called : deepthroat.

This submenu is loading the sdt.swf.

I'd like to create other submenus like :
- doggystyle
- cowgirl

I've been searching for something like 6 hours yesterday and I did not found the way to export a file.swf with a different default position.

I'm very sorry for my bad english, I hope you understood my request and that there is a solution for it.

Thanks a lot for all your good work !

sby

Content Creator
Coder
different positions would require the loader, as well as animtools.

you could create a swf mod that when loaded changes the position values animtools uses. however it would still be a mod so it would be similar to loading position files anyway. i don't think it would be easy to combine it all into a single swf.

christine olivier

Potential Patron
Woah thanks for that really quick answer.

That's what I thought, it'll not be easy. I've tried a lot of things yesterday. I used a flash decompiler to get the original files. And I tried to modify some of the variables relative to the position to make them fit with the animtool settings. But I understood that it would not be that easy.

If anybody else have a idea let me know about it.

Thanks

PS : That's a great honor of receiving a answer from the famous sby. By the way I love your work with the loader.

aztlan

Casual Client
I would think a "pack" might do what you want - bundle together SDT, loader, anintools (and maybe dialogue actions) with a dialogue that brings up your positions - perhaps using buttons (from DA) to select the positions - if I understand what you want. Maybe even SBY's current pack with the hotkeys to choose positions would this.

stuntcock

Content Creator
perhaps using buttons (from DA) to select the positions
Yes, that sounds workable. If we're including DA then we could also provide a set of predefined "Character" entries in the roster, each of which loads a specific Animtools position (and each of which includes a thumbnail/preview image).

uwAe1aC.jpg

It all depends on what christine olivier christine olivier is hoping to achieve. DA is a somewhat advanced mod, and the first post suggests that the whole thing might involve a recompiled version of SDT.swf (i.e. omitting the Loader altogether).

It's also possible that all of the existing solutions are inadequate because they rely on a knowledge of the English language (in the filenames of TXT files, the names of configuration parameters within those files, the labels on various UI elements in Animtools, and so on). I have no problem clicking on the "Loader" tab and then clicking a button labeled "Doggystyle", but a non-English speaker might require a visual walkthrough with a bunch of screenshots.

Example: configuration data for SDT is stored in a file named ChoIrrumatio.sol (Japanese modifier + Latin noun + Shared Object Local extension). Imagine if every Animtools position file carried a similarly obscure name -- it would be tricky to choose the correct file during gameplay!

And I created another menu Item called : "The game" with a submenu called : deepthroat.

This submenu is loading the sdt.swf.

I'd like to create other submenus like :
- doggystyle
- cowgirl
Can you please post a screenshot of your modified game? If the modified version is not yet working, then please share a sketch of how you'd like it to appear.

Once we understand how you want the thing to behave, we can make some useful suggestions.

-----------------​

Also - you should probably encourage people to download the game rather than allowing them to play it on your website. If you host the SWF file then some people will be able to play the game, but others may experience bugs. Browser support for Flash games is becoming more restrictive.

christine olivier

Potential Patron
Hi guys !

Thanks a lot for your interest in this topic ! That's very nice of you to take some time to help me !

I had to read several times your answer but some things still look indistinct for me.

First I don't know what is DA (Or maybe Dialogue Action ?)

To explain you my project I'll try to do it simply.

I would like to create a website that I actually started on local :
home_screen.jpg

As you can see there is two button, "JOUER" that bring people to this page which load the SDT.swf :

basic-screen.jpg

And "DECOUVRIR" that permits people to know much about the game and to download it.

There is also a menu "MODE DE JEU" with a submenu called "DEEPTHROAT DE BASE" (Basic deepthroat). This submenu link to the same page that "JOUER" do.

And in this page the concept is working because when we click on Basic Deepthroat we have a girl in deepthoat position.

I would like to add submenus with different names that link to different .swf with different positions.

But you maybe know an easier way to do it ?

One more time I'm sorry for my english and I hope this answer is understandable.

I really appreciate the time you spend to help me creating a community around this game.

To explain my project a little bit more, if we could make the positions work, I'd like to make a system of gallery and vote for screenshots of the game. Every month the most voted screenshot will go to the homepage background-image and the website will take the color of the girl.

I'm a front web developper and I know issues about flash. But I discovered this game in a website and it took me a long time before I downloaded it. Because I had some issues to understand how was the loader working and the forum scared me a little at the beginning. That's why I would like to introduice people the game by this way before they want to download their own SDT.

Thanks a lot !

stuntcock

Content Creator
First I don't know what is DA (Or maybe Dialogue Action ?)
Yes, you're correct. DA is dialogueActions by pim_gd.

As you can see there is two button, "JOUER" that bring people to this page which load the SDT.swf
Okay. Please be aware that there are some technical challenges when playing SDT in a web browser. For example: Google Chrome blocks me when I attempt to load PNG hairstyles. This error occurs when both the SWF and PNG file are on my own disk. Firefox and Edge do not exhibit this problem for me.

The web-hosted option will be sufficient for people to discover the game and observe the general gameplay. They'll eventually need to download it in order to pursue serious customization and modding.

I would like to add submenus with different names that link to different .swf with different positions.
This is feasible with multiple copies of Loader.swf (in various subfolders). Your visitors would need to use specific web browsers, though - Google Chrome would not work at all.

If you're hoping to create copies of SDT.swf then visitors could use any browser, but your task will be more difficult. A Flash expert could probably create the desired files. I think that it would be a mistake. You'd be creating several "hardcoded" SDT.swf variants, and it would be difficult to fine-tune the details without fully recompiling the game. You'd also be missing several of the advanced features (such as bodycontact resistance and penis_out layering options) which sby has included in his animtools mod.

To explain my project a little bit more, if we could make the positions work, I'd like to make a system of gallery and vote for screenshots of the game. Every month the most voted screenshot will go to the homepage background-image and the website will take the color of the girl.
The general idea is sound, but you might be disappointed by the web traffic. SDT is not an especially popular game, and Undertow.club sees few visitors from France. There is relatively little content created in French (although some of it does get translated). There are a few French-speaking modders (example example), but they tend to distribute their work in English, and communicate with fans in English.

You might be vindicated, of course! It may be that there are many French people who are interested in this idea, but who have avoided the game because of inaccessibility, poor presentation, or lack of translation. Your website could be effective at awakening this crowd and sustaining interest in the game.

But you might see very few visitors. You might regret spending time on this project because it proves to be unpopular, and the community-focused activities might prove impossible (e.g. because you receive zero votes for screenshots). For example: 44,000 people have looked at this game. 4 people cared enough to vote.

I don't mean to discourage you, but I don't want you to be unrealistically optimistic either.

I'm a front web developper and I know issues about flash. But I discovered this game in a website and it took me a long time before I downloaded it. Because I had some issues to understand how was the loader working and the forum scared me a little at the beginning. That's why I would like to introduice people the game by this way before they want to download their own SDT.
That's fair. I understand that some people are reluctant to download random files from a creepy forum filled with sex-perverts :)

• I don't want to get involved with a project to recompile SDT.swf with different hardcoded positions. Other people might be willing to help you with that.
  • I'm willing to help you organize Loader files - if you want to setup multiple Loader instances with different default positions.
  • I don't know very much about web-hosting of SWF files or server-side permissions. As a web developer, you probably understand this issue better than I do. If you run into trouble then feel free to ask for help; someone else in the thread might be able to offer assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.