[PC] Earth Gaiden 3 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter shadowman
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
K

kingberial

I need help. Whenever I died and reload the game, then all monster were disappearing. So I decided to close the game & reopen it again. But this time, whenever I tried to load, then suddenly a massage popped "earthgiii.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". Any solution for this?

Y

yummychar

Anyone Finished the Game? or is there any walkthrough on this game? i'm stuck to the skeletons T_T

Y

yummychar

Hello there where did you find the blonde chick with sword? and who is the character that you use when you found her can you help me?
thanks hope that you can help me....
^_^

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Most of the characters are pretty straightforward to find, you just need to use the right character to find them, as it takes a specific conversation. The main guy can find the blue spear girl (Tiaru), the white swordsman (Lester), and the blue-haired axe guy (River?). Tiaru can then find the blonde haired swordswoman in leather armor, but you have to see her armored cat first.

That just leaves Riru and Claudia. Riru is needed to get Claudia, though, and I'm having trouble getting Riru. If I'm reading the wiki right, Lester needs to have three conversations with the item shop girl (I've triggered two) and Riru will join when you leave camp. I just can't get a third conversation to trigger. As far as I know, she seems to be the only one you can't find just by looking around. Excluding the maid, as she joins when you beat the game.

Edit: aaand I figured out how to get Riru. You have to sell the gloves that drop from the jellyfish. She'll eventually join...whether she wants to or not. Using her, you can find Claudia by going to the southwest grassland and looking around there. You'll find her pretty easily...but she won't join until you talk to the guy near the river. You need a potion in your inventory to complete the conversations. And counting the maid, that's all the characters! Except I'm not sure how to actually unlock stuff after clearing the game.

Here's the post-game stuff I've managed to get so far: at some point in the story, shoes appear outside the base. If you wear these, you can walk on lava; go to the fire temple, and go as far as you can to the right. There will be a part that goes one more room over than the rest (you have to walk across the lava). You'll find a silver warp crystal. This will take you to the 'Magic Forest'. The magic forest is a randomly generated dungeon that also has random warp points. Those points can take you a number of places: back to the hidden crystal in the fire temple (how you got here), to the starting woods (will generate a silver crystal there that you can use to return to the magic forest at any time), or to an area outside of one of the other three temples. If you end up at the latter, you'll be in an area you can't reach normally, and will be able to find many items you couldn't get to before.

Also in the Magic Forest, you will randomly find green crystals on the ground. These take you to another new area, the tower of light. This is an annoying dungeon, as again the floors are random, but it has multiple floors. Also, the only way to travel between them is by making a warp crystal drop; this is done by defeating all the enemies in a certain room, but you never know which room it will end up being. I haven't cleared it yet (too annoying) so I'm not sure what you get at the end.

There's also a challenge area in the earth temple. There are some large brown doors that were shut before, if you approach them in post-game, they will open and let you into a new part of the temple. Follow this path, and you'll eventually find a hole in the floor. If you fall down this hole, you'll find a red demon who welcomes you to the Temple of the Demon. Lots of enemies and random warps here. Every so often, you'll enter a boss room, and after clearing the boss, a crystal fragment will drop. EDIT: Still not sure what the fragments do exactly, but if you make it through the boss rush at the end, you can use the maid girl (Rastes?) as a playable character.

Beating the game with a combo of Rastes and the mage girl as a follower adds a scene to the ending. It's supposed to open up more stuff too, but I don't really understand what the japanese wiki says about it exactly.

Finally, for those who want something a little more related to the ryona potential in the game, you can recruit some female pets/followers, which are also much better than the starting dog, cat, and such. First off is a harpy, Wendy. You can get her by going to the wind temple grounds (inside or outside, whichever) and fighting harpies. They will sometimes drop harpy feathers (if you can read katakana, you'll know what they are, otherwise, how did you manage to get THIS far?). You need to sell five of them to the item shop woman and then go to the maid and go as if you're changing pets. Wendy the Harpy will appear in the list, it takes 4000BP to unlock her. You can get a siren too (blue harpy) but this is more involved and I'm working out the specifics. You can also get the mage girl who is involved with the story. Once you beat the final boss, you'll find her just outside the main part of camp, and can unlock her for 30,000BP. Starts off at level 1, just as weak as everyone else, but quite powerful if you level her. Or let her be and let the giant jellyfish swarm her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to bump the topic to ask this: is anyone still playing this game, or even have it on hand? I'm working on figuring out how to get/do everything, but I'm having trouble figuring some of it out.

By far my main problem is this: how to get to the Ancient Temple? Supposed to be where a lot of the best stuff is at (getting a Lilith as a follower, getting Alf and more endings), but I'm not sure what the requirements are and how to actually get to where it is at.

Also, if anyone needs help with the main part of the game, I can provide it. As long as I know at least.

Y

yummychar

@Stiltzkinator thank you very much for the guide men by the way when i gonna finish this game is there another new game+ can you recommend another ryona games ^_^ if it's ok to you by the way you know nightmare sphere? I hope that they release the part 2 of it ^_^

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
After searching forever and scratching my head, I think I found out why the Ancient Temple has been giving me trouble...it's not in the game -_-
The link here is for version 1, and quite a bit of extra stuff for the game was only in version 2. I'm going to see if I can find that version, though I just hope I don't have to start all over...

Notably, there's a 2.03 patch on the website, but once I installed it, the game crashes before getting to the main menu. Maybe I should just give up on the extra stuff...

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
aaand i'm necroing this thread again (double posting at that), but i have good news, and hopefully one part or the other of it will get more people to play this wonderful game.

First off is that i found out how to patch the game all the way up to its most complete version. That means all pets, followers, extra dungeons, etc. The patching process is involved, though, so it might be better just to repack the whole, updated game. But before I do that, there's something else I wanted to throw out, which brings us to...

I'm going to try translating this game. I've been improving my Japanese lately, and this is something I think I can handle. At least as far as the language goes. I'm having some trouble finding the text files to actually start editing for a translation. Is there anyone on this forum who knows their way around file extensions? I feel like all I've managed to find for this game so far are sound and rendering files.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
Nice, I always wanted to play this game but I couldn't get far because I have no idea what's actually happening.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Ryonassault said:
I also wanted to play it but after spending a bunch of time downloading it, it didn't work for some reason... =(
If it's a patch or file problem, I should have you covered. If it's a problem with Japanese unicode, then you're going to need to fix that yourself. I would try explaining it, but there are several guides out there that could probably do it better. If you know you have that worked out, then I should be able to make it work.

jhlipton said:
It's too bad there's no Ryona in this game -- Ninja Gaiden has some of the best I've seen.
This game does have ryona, but it's no ninja gaiden. It has characters getting bashed around, crushed, impaled, attacked by tentacles, electrocuted, constricted, bitten, and more I'm sure I'm forgetting. It also plays pretty well once you get the system down and past the initial grindiness of it. If you can't be bothered to invest as much time into it, cheat engine works well for giving you a boost to your exp so you level up quickly.

While trying to work out this file type issue, I've gone back through the game, and I've unlocked almost everything that can be.I can take the information I had from before and write a better guide using it so that you too can get through this game without much trouble, as well as unlocking a large amount of the unlockable content in the form of characters, followers, and new skills/equipment.

As for the translation itself, I think I narrowed down which files I'll need to work on, but they are .bak files, which means they could be anything, and I have no idea how to extract them to edit them because of this. If anyone is techy enough to help me out with this, or can point me to someone else who is, I would greatly appreciate it. Once I have the files and can work with them, it should not be a big deal to actually translate this game. I have a great deal of it typed out already, but no way yet to actually insert it into the game.

Ryonassault

Ryonani Teamster
If it's a patch or file problem, I should have you covered. If it's a problem with Japanese unicode, then you're going to need to fix that yourself. I would try explaining it, but there are several guides out there that could probably do it better. If you know you have that worked out, then I should be able to make it work.
Well that's encouraging, however the original filesonic link is dead of course, would you happen to have a working link so I may re-download? Frustrated after so many tries originally I just deleted the stuff thinking it was hopeless. It wasn't a unicode thing, I know how to make that work, but I can't remember what it was specifically as it was a while back...

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
Founds some rapidshare links, looks like they still work:

Doujin Game Earth Gaiden 3 - Download from rapidshare.com

This is most probably the non-patched version of the game. Now, for everyone who's interested, since I haven't gone over this yet, tutorial on patching the game!! First go to the official website. Specifically, the download portion of the shop page, which i will link now:
ƒAÂ[ƒXŠO“`‡VŒÃ¶ŽÂ®ƒTƒCƒg Â@ƒ_ƒEƒ“ƒÂÂ[ƒh
On this page, you will see a small, long box with a disk icon in it. This is the Earth Gaiden 'guest patch' which updates the game from v1.00 to v.2.00. This will add the extra content to the game, however! The guest patch has some bugs. These bugs are fixed in the latest patch, which is in a download box near the top of the support page, linked here:
ƒAÂ[ƒXŠO“`‡VŒÃ¶ŽÂ®ƒTƒCƒg Â@ƒTƒ|Â[ƒg
you MUST install BOTH patches, IN ORDER for everything to work correctly. So first unpack the game, then download and install the GUEST patch, then lastly download and install the NEW patch (I linked them in the correct order).

In other news, conspiracy theory time! Well, not so much a conspiracy as just a theory, but get this: I think the creative force behind Earth Gaiden is the same as who's making Iris Action. Here's the first hint that led me to this: On one of the recent blog posts for Iris Action, someone commented "I'd been keeping this to myself, but now I'm going to throw it out there - you're the same one working on that game that starts with 'a' and ends with 'n' right?" To which the creator responded "That's right! I'm the one working on Iris Action! Huh, that's not what you meant?"

The key here is their japanese spellings. The creator made his response a joke because Iris Action in kana is 'Airisu Akushon", which begins with a and ends with n. But Earth Gaiden in kana is 'Aasu Gaiden'. Further evidence is in the case of the slug creatures in Iris Action. They look and behave a LOT like the slug creatures in the super early alpha build of Earth Gaiden 4. The art style (both 2D and CG) aren't that different between the games either. Finally, the pixiv account used for official Iris Action artwork mainly has fanart of Iris Action bookmarked - except for a picture of Lastes from EG3 being attacked by the jellyfish monsters.

I think Iris Action is the creator getting a chance to express his inner ero/ryona desires a bit more overtly than they had been able to do with the Earth Gaiden series.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
(Sorry for double post, but I have a reason to bump this thread.)

Well, what do you know! Coincidentally following the release of a certain game beginning with A and ending with N, the creator behind the Earth Gaiden posted on his devblog that he can now 'start working on the game again with renewed effort' whereas before he was citing some money problems. Seeing how well Iris Action sold, and is still selling, I think that takes care of his financial issues for at least a little while, which means progress should start (and has been actually) rolling right along on the next title in the Earth Gaiden series. It's worth mentioning though that the game will likely have a more tame approach to it and NOT be the complete ero-fest that Iris Action was. However, that doesn't exactly mean that it's going to be lacking in ryona either. The new game looks to take a more traditional turn-based RPG approach rather than that of an action RPG, so you'll have a party of 5(?) with slightly more tactical battles, as opposed to a 1-person smash fest. At the very least, you'll be able to make an all-female party with Tial, Lastes, Crowdia, Olivia, and Rill. And yes, those are the official names according to the new site...however strange they might seem.

Site for the new game is here: "šd"šÂ"š'"š""šË†-ProjectÂI
There's links on the left, the first three are info, characters, and download, respectively. Notably, however, there are no downloads posted at this time. The next link (4th) is to the older earth gaiden games, and the one below that (5th) is the devblog. It's also worth noting that these links do little good for someone who has no knowledge of Japanese. I'll continue to update the status of this project as things move along, and when I feel there's enough information about the game to warrant it, make a new thread instead of bumping this one. Probably when an actual demo comes out for it.

Y

yummychar

i almost got all the maps the hell is anyone there can tell the the location of some equipment well i got some equipment of the thief girl the make her stocking or something disappear?

F

fatedsoul

Stiltzkinator, are you still translating this game by chance? I'm more than a little late to the party it seems, but I love ARPGs and Someone92 recommended this game. (Also, the promise of succubus yuri is tempting >.<)

unknown

Potential Patron
Too many monster man >_< and 0 monster girls, It not make me crazy and personally I not would play it but however it's a very good game with a graphic and system game very interesting.

Stiltzkinator

Potential Patron
I have a fair portion of the text translated, but like so many other projects I wish I could finish, I have no way of actually editing it into the game. I don't know how to properly open the archives the game uses to store data, but if someone were to find a way to do that, I would finish the translation.

As for monster girls, there are harpies.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
You might want to give hongfire.com a try to find a person who can help you handling the game files.

Regarding monstergirls there's also a succubus boss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.