Dragon Ball Hairs in progress, can anyone help? (1 Viewer)

palmer89

Potential Patron
Tights and Bulma with Pigtails.

Attachments

• Tights.png
    Tights.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Bulma Pigtails.png
    Bulma Pigtails.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Bulma Pigtails.png
    Bulma Pigtails.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 298

Maiz

Potential Patron
What do you need help with in particular? Just with the hairs you listed? Or new DBZ hairs?

palmer89

Potential Patron
The biggest problem that I have is changing the Hair Size to get them to work. Although the Pigtails on Bulma might need work.

jxv23f

Potential Patron
The biggest problem that I have is changing the Hair Size to get them to work. Although the Pigtails on Bulma might need work.
Hm...Try changing the scale size of the hair all together and try to see if it helps.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
I think you need this :
TfFDRri.png
Find a raster graphic editor that allows an alpha channel and layers (like paint.net). Then you remove everything but the hair with the magic wand, paste and resize the result in an empty layer at the right place. When the hair is well positioned and resized, hide or erase the template layer and save the hair mod as a PNG file (not PSD).

It might not be what you asked for, but if you are looking for help, take two minutes to explain clearly what you need, and do not wait for others to guess or ask you what you really want (if you want to find a solution)...

palmer89

Potential Patron
I have Inkscape and the layer display is not working. It used to display the hair and the blank template together, but now the hair covers the template without me being able to see the template itself. I'm not sure what happened and I can't resize the hairs without understanding what the problem is.

palmer89

Potential Patron
Vector Graphics? Changing the vector of my hairs? Yes, Vector Tracing is still something new to me. It also means all my hairs will not work without Learning Vector Tracing or some easier way to make the hairs by myself.
All my work in progress hairs need Vector Tracing to work. I'm a better brainstormer with ideas than making them work right now.
Bra Briefs from DBGT
Zelda Girls
A Few Pokemon Girls
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/7/7a/824.png/revision/latest?cb=20110217042453

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
My problem is I get a white space when I resize my hairs.
You're getting white space because you're creating raster images with a white background/canvas. We can give you specific advice if you tell us which application you're using. Alternatively: you could follow SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror 's advice -- install Paint.NET and review some of the tutorials.

The tutorials will show you how to isolate hair images via careful selection and cropping. This work can sometimes be automated with the Magic Wand tool. You will eventually need to properly position these elements on your canvas so that each one fits the corresponding part of the head template, and scale them to account for differences in head shape (between the reference image and the SDT head).

I have Inkscape and the layer display is not working. It used to display the hair and the blank template together, but now the hair covers the template without me being able to see the template itself. I'm not sure what happened and I can't resize the hairs without understanding what the problem is.
You can adjust the opacity of a layer in Inkscape. After doing so, it should be possible to see the template and your overlying image at the same time.

Please note that work in Inkscape usually involves at least three layers (template, reference, vectors). Vector tracing work does not require cropping; we simply ignore any unimportant parts of the reference image instead of cropping them out. We begin by fitting the reference image onto the template, and resizing it to match the SDT head. We focus our attention on the hair strands, and we trace a Bezier curve across each important line that we can find in the source image. After all of the lines have been traced we will see an "outline" or "wireframe" version of the hair. We can then use the Paint Bucket tool to fill each spaces with the appropriate color. When all of this work is complete, we can hide the Template and Reference layers (leaving only the traced Vectors) and export our image in PNG format.

If you're trying to fix a JPG file (such as Officer Misty.jpg) then Inkscape is the wrong tool. Inkscape is useful for creating new PNG files, or for editing SVG files. It cannot edit a raster image.

palmer89

Potential Patron
I just need to accept that I'm not very good at making hairs yet. I'm better at coming up with great ideas for making new hairs. Like Editing Officer Jenny's Hat into Misty's Hair or Adding Nurse Joy's Hat to Misty instead. Maybe I can find someone to make the hairs for me later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.