cubedh2o

Content Creator
Hi all,

There's no mods for Rainbow Six Siege characters (understandable since most of them have their head or face covered up) but Dokkaebi didn't seem too bad so I gave it a shot.

dokkaebi preview.png

The front part of her hair (the part with the white highlights) was referenced from dantethedarkprince dantethedarkprince 's Anna's WInter Dynamic Hair mod. The rest was drawn by me with some artistic liberties to come up with what Dokkaebi's hair looks like under the beanie. The zip file includes a beanie-less version, a beanie version which covers her ears, and a beanie version which slightly exposes her ears.

The glasses are the "Large Glasses" which comes with the pre-bundled Loader/ moreclothingmods.

I'm not a particularly good artist and there are several issues with the hair (namely poor shading and non-vector graphics, which leads to poorer image quality when zoomed in far enough), thus I am also including the GIMP .xcf file I used for anyone to edit and distribute. All I ask is to credit me for the original file if one does so.

The .xcf file can be found in the zip file in my resource download page.

Thank you and I hope you enjoy!

P.S.
I'm somewhat surprised that there has never been a beanie .swf import made (or I never found one).

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello cubedh20

Your first mod looks nice!
The shading is all right for GIMP and it is not as pixelated as you may think.
However, I find the white strand too bright, it would be better with a light grey gradient in my opinion.
Also, the beanie looks good, but it's positioning or maybe its shape may not be the best: the bulge on its top looks a bit strange on this girl's head.

From a technical point of view, you'd better put as much hair as possible on the UNDER and BACK layers, because cum is hidden by things drawn in the TOP layer.
Concerning your resource and this thread, there is no need to put your example image twice and two copies of your mods: copy the adress of the image there and paste it here.

You should try drawing with Inkscape. The mods will wtill be PNG, but lines will be a bit neater, and could eventually be converted into SWF without too much hassle (to make a standalone hat for example)
Gingerless Soul's made a tutorial and I suggest that you use my SVG Hair Template.

Good luck, continue like this!

[EDIT] This ref looks good (even if it's shitty to trace an hair mod):
KMqKUe9.jpg

Maybe something like this?
74lB0U2.jpg

(second one has been stretched)

Last edited:

cubedh2o

Content Creator
Hello cubedh20

Your first mod looks nice!
The shading is all right for GIMP and it is not as pixelated as you may think.
However, I find the white strand too bright, it would be better with a light grey gradient in my opinion.
Also, the beanie looks good, but it's positioning or maybe its shape may not be the best: the bulge on its top looks a bit strange on this girl's head.

From a technical point of view, you'd better put as much hair as possible on the UNDER and BACK layers, because cum is hidden by things drawn in the TOP layer.
Concerning your resource and this thread, there is no need to put your example image twice and two copies of your mods: copy the adress of the image there and paste it here.

You should try drawing with Inkscape. The mods will wtill be PNG, but lines will be a bit neater, and could eventually be converted into SWF without too much hassle (to make a standalone hat for example)
Gingerless Soul's made a tutorial and I suggest that you use my SVG Hair Template.

Good luck, continue like this!

[EDIT] This ref looks good (even if it's shitty to trace an hair mod):
KMqKUe9.jpg

Maybe something like this?
74lB0U2.jpg

(second one has been stretched)

Hi!

Thank you for the detailed response and critique! In regards to the beanie, I agree; I got the reference from in-game screenshots and the screenshot perspective I got doesn't look quite right on a sdt head. In retrospect, the bottom of the beanie should look more concave and the folds should go up towards the back of the head before drooping down like your example.

Also, when would I want to put hair on the TOP layer as opposed to UNDER and BACK?

Thanks again and I'll definitely consider your advice for future mods and if/when I improve this current one!

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Also, when would I want to put hair on the TOP layer as opposed to UNDER and BACK?
As I said, cum is hidden by things drawn in the TOP layer.
Here is an example made with your mod and the one I just edited (available HERE):
17bp82B.jpg

Also, if you use the UNDER layer for most of the hair and the TOP one only for the strands going over the ear, you can make you mod available for any ear size (ie. normal, small, elf) as you don't have to draw around the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.