DOA5LR: (TUT) Remove clothing / objects from any DOA5 costume model (1 Viewer)

SaafRats

Content Creator
Before start, I should assume that you have the tools to extract TMC / TMCL files, the proper noesis plugins, and you know how to repack DLC.
This is a method to remove clothing or objects from any DOA 5 LR model, modifying certain parameters of TMC file.
With this, we can remove (for example): nyoutengu’s wings, mask and fans, or the towels from "bath & bedtime" costumes.
To do this, we need:

• Any hexadecimal editor (I use HxD, which is free).
  • Noesis (to test the changes we make)
To explain the process, I give a couple of examples:

• EXAMPLE 1:
Remove all clothing on LISA_DLC_004 (the only “vanilla†complete model available)

1. Extract the TMC and TMCL files corresponding to LISA_DLC_004 (available in chara_common)
  2. Make a backup of the TMC file (very important if you want to add modified textures later)
  3. Open the file in hex editor (HxD)
  4. Find "ObjGeo" references:
We must press "Ctrl + F" and look for references to the word "ObjGeo" in this file. This will lead us to sections where the objects that are referenced may be removed.
In the particular case of LISA_DLC_004, we will only edit the reference to "ObjGeo" which is accompanied by the reference "WGT_body"
Here you can see two sections: section 1, which contains an object counter, and the section 2 containing references to these objects.
29av82a.jpg

Now we need to identify the objects you want to keep, and those you wish to drop. This requires patience, trial and error.
In this particular case, you can see 6 objects referenced highlighted in block 2 with its respective counter in block 1.
To remove all the clothes and leaving only the body model, the only object involved is referenced by "10 0E", other objects don't interest us, so just copy that reference and paste it over first reference ("40 01").
Also, we must change the counter in the first block from "06" to "01" in both of the "section 1 counters" (this will cause only the first object is loaded, that is just the body).
105bb4p.jpg

*Alternate method:

Another way to accomplish the same thing, is to replace the objects that you want to remove, by objects that you want to keep.
In the case of LISA_DLC_004, you can see that the body was identified in the reference "10 0E", so we proceeded to replace all other references to that reference. By doing so, there is no need to touch the counter and can be more convenient to do on certain models (like when you want to remove only a few objects)
wwjcdv.jpg

Screenshot of the result HERE
(there you can also find some --p files to create previews for dlc)

Finally, it remains to test the result in Noesis and if all goes well, you can now create the DLC file to use in the game.

• EXAMPLE 2:
Removing mask, fans and wings from NYOTENGU_COS_003 (available in chara_common)

To do so, we must repeat the same steps from 1 to 3, previously seen in the EXAMPLE 1.
Now in step 4, we have to look for references to objgeo, corresponding to different items involved. In this case the body (WGT_body) will NOT be playing a role as in the previous case, now we only need to pay attention to the section 1 (object counter).
Press Ctrl + F, find the following references and change all highlighted values to "00" (this will remove the selected items):

• OPT_uchiwa_l, OPT_uchiwa_r (fans a) change 05-> 00
66aeyp.jpg

• OPT_wings_Root (wings) change 02-> 00
b8nvvl.jpg

• WGT_acs_fun_l, WGT_acs_fun_r (fans b ) change 03-> 00
16lgx6r.jpg

• WGT_mask (mask) change 07-> 00
snmg03.jpg

I recommend to always use "objgeo" to search, and then pressing F3 to find the next reference.
Upon completion of the process, the model should look like this:
106d5s3.jpg

Despite the differences in size, this model looks very cute on Marie Rose hehehe, there are some images hanging around...

A method that can make the task of identifying objects more easier, is to export the models to .obj format using noesis (File-> Export). Subsequently, the .obj file is opened (using programslike blender or 3dsmax). Then we proceed to find the object of interest (nyotengu wings in the example image). By clicking on the object, the name will be highlighted, then it would be easier to find it on the hexadecimal editor.
52ns0o.jpg

Finally, if you want to edit the textures of these models (to add nipples for example), the best way to avoid errors is to use the original tmc file (previously backed up), and only then replace textures. After that, you can use the modified tmc file again to finally make the custom DLC.
By the way, both models are attached for testing purposes.

I'm not a native english speaker, so sorry if there are any grammar errors.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
Caution to anyone who has never hex edited a file: ALWAYS make a backup copy of any file you are going to hex-edit BEFORE you edit it.
If you screw up hex editing a file you will screw up your game.

syasuker

Potential Patron
Caution to anyone who has never hex edited a file: ALWAYS make a backup copy of any file you are going to hex-edit BEFORE you edit it.
If you screw up hex editing a file you will screw up your game.

You can test in the Noesis

- - - Updated - - -

I _unpacked_NYOTENGU_COS_003 by a 3dmaxscript

I think it can help you

2015-04-21_084347.jpg 2015-04-21_084256.jpg

the 3dmaxscript by mariokart64n,I don't know how to use it,But I think maybe you can!
2015-04-21_083758.jpg

its written in maxscript, so you'll need 3dsmax installed to use it.
(any version should work, but using the newest/fully updated 3dsmax is recommened )

script will open a TMC and unpack the block components and write them to a new folder along with a XML.
the xml stores all the unknowns from the header, until the time we can solve them all.
To repack the block components back into a TMC again, just press the repack button on the script gui and select that xml

if you want to add new blocks, you have to edit the XML
example:
Code:
<block type=[1,0,0,128]>BIN001.geo</block>
<block type=[2,0,0,128]>BIN002.ttd</block>
<block type=[3,0,0,128]>BIN003.vtx</block>
<block type=[4,0,0,128]>BIN004.idx</block>

add a new line in there like <block type=[-1,0,0,0]>myname.txt</block>

anyway in theory once I write the script to create new geometry components...
they just get written into that unpacked folder... and yeah we repack and it should work.

wish i understood how to get model mods working, this repacking the dlc is flipping confusing

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 3Dmax_script_mariokart64n.zip
You can test in the Noesis

- - - Updated - - -

I _unpacked_NYOTENGU_COS_003 by a 3dmaxscript

I think it can help you

2015-04-21_084347.jpg 2015-04-21_084256.jpg

the 3dmaxscript by mariokart64n,I don't know how to use it,But I think maybe you can!
2015-04-21_083758.jpg

its written in maxscript, so you'll need 3dsmax installed to use it.
(any version should work, but using the newest/fully updated 3dsmax is recommened )

script will open a TMC and unpack the block components and write them to a new folder along with a XML.
the xml stores all the unknowns from the header, until the time we can solve them all.
To repack the block components back into a TMC again, just press the repack button on the script gui and select that xml

if you want to add new blocks, you have to edit the XML
example:
Code:
<block type=[1,0,0,128]>BIN001.geo</block>
<block type=[2,0,0,128]>BIN002.ttd</block>
<block type=[3,0,0,128]>BIN003.vtx</block>
<block type=[4,0,0,128]>BIN004.idx</block>

add a new line in there like <block type=[-1,0,0,0]>myname.txt</block>

anyway in theory once I write the script to create new geometry components...
they just get written into that unpacked folder... and yeah we repack and it should work.

wish i understood how to get model mods working, this repacking the dlc is flipping confusing

lambert

Potential Patron
At first,you've done a great job!It helped me a lot on PC version!
If you don't mind Ihope you can fix this for me, Cause I really don't how to deal with it now ,I don't want the cloth ,but it show me two holes on chest,if you can ,put an nipples on it,and give me anther one without nipples .thank you so much.I appreciate it .
here it's the TMC file(PC version ) : lisa.zip_??????|??? ??-?????

QQ截图20150619204149.png QQ截图20150619204113.png

There is another problem ,on the neck,I put kasumi' cloth on tina,hope you can fix it too ,again I appreciate it .
TMC file:kasumi.zip_??????|??? ??-?????
QQ截图20150619155109.png QQ截图20150619150757.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SaafRats

Content Creator
can you tell me does this 3Dmax_script_mariokart64n work out on PC version?

Sorry for the delay, I didn't visit the forum since a while. As you may have noticed, there are models that have nothing underneath after removing objects. In that case there isn't much to do unless you can edit in 3dsmax, and here comes the other problem ... you can only edit xbox360 models, and transform it to a PC format later (there is a tuturial to do that in this forum). The script that you mention, it only allows to unpacking costume files in their basic structures, It's not made to do mesh edit :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.