Def Jam: Vendetta (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Def Jam : Vendetta [PS2]
Note : This game was followed by two sequels, Def Jam : Fight for NY and Def Jam : Icon.

Published : 2003
Genre : Wrestling/Fighting
Ryona rating : 5/5

Ryona:
  • 5 distinctive female characters out of a roster of 44 characters (which include 12 Def Jam artists like Method man, Keith Murray and Ghostface Killah).
  • Beautiful character models and graphics overall, plus smooth animation.
  • Characters only have one costume each.
  • The gameplay is a mix of a wrestling and a fighting game, leaning towards the former. So there are submissions, power moves, suplexes and turnbuckle moves but also lots of punches and kicks.
  • Astounding variety of moves, with each character also having a combo of sorts. Many of them look like buffed-up / expanded wrestling moves. Many moves can also be reversed!
  • Submission moves can last for a full one minute or more if the receiving player wants it to. The camera is either stationary or circles around the fighters or periodically switches between several angled points around it. If the submission ends in a win, the attacker sadistically makes one strong final "push" , visibly inflicting great pain (similarly when she wins with a pin).
  • Once a certain meter is filled, the fighter can perform one "Blazin' move" ,which is usually consisted of a string of very painful and technical attacks that would leave a normal person at least paralyzed. Several of them include cuntbusting attacks, while the female fighters' often include sexy moments. Each character has two Blazin' moves available.

Female Characters:
  • Deja is a blonde wearing an extremely short dress and white boots. She isn't a very intelligent person but she has some good subsmissions.
  • T'ai is an aggressive woman wearing tight black leather pants and a black bra. Her submission of choice is the armbar.
  • Opal is clad in a blue outfit of short jeans, boots and an open vest, and also wears fishnet stockings. In her first Blazin'move, she actually rides her opponent's upper body sideways (ie her opponent's standing body and her own form a T) and proceeds to knock her head out, and after a twirl, break her arm and neck simultaneously.
  • Carla is a lady wearing a red dress and red heels. In her second Blazin' move, she kicks her opponent's head behind as she lies face down, and then sits on her shoulders from the front so that her opponent sees her panties directly, before propelling herself upwards and falling on that same spot forcefully, completely cracking her spine, before throwing her back with her feet.
  • Penny is a middle-aged woman dressed like a schoolgirl, complete with ponytails. She has some very technical moves and performs a lot of different kicks, both of which often show her underwear.

Videos
F/F random match :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_-0rGAjRGg

F/F Submissions compilation :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cVobYX3hlE

M/F Bearhug (more of those in his channel) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYwXNdswSxE

Mardion

Potential Patron
It's the first time I award a 5/5 rating, and this one totally deserves it, the ryona in it is unparalleled anywhere else, especially thanks to those long submissions, and also awesome strings of brutal attacks. If this game included more costumes per character and a Create-a-fighter mode, I would safely say that this is the best commercial game ever produced for a ryona fan.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I really don't lknow about best ever, but it is pretty good for ryona. The game itself isn't something I like to play for the sake of it, but having D-Mob hammer on Deja is fun times. Well, unless you're her.

onlinehero

Casual Client
I remember wanting badly to play this back in days, but I didn't have PS2 and never got one :( And now that I have RRXX I don't really need this game anymore... but it looks good

YAYA

Potential Patron
I was also a big fan of this game.. I especially liked the fact that there was an empty arena you could fight in. Not sure why but I enjoyed watching two beauties go at it pretty much locked up all by themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.