Deadly Arts (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Deadly Arts , also known as G.A.S.P. Fighters NEXTreme [Nintendo 64]

Published : 1998
Genre : Fighting
Ryona rating: 3/5

Ryona:
  • Three distinctive female characters out of a roster of eight fighters. There are also two bosses, one of which has two additional forms.
  • Very good quantity and quality of moves and holds, some of the latter may be performed only when the attacker or the receiver is up against the wall!
  • The fighters can be hit while lying on the ground ; some attacks can only be performed against downed opponents!
  • Create-a-fighter mode included, male or female, and player can give them any of the moves of the rest of the characters! The process is slow though.

Female Characters:
  • Miki is a short-haired redhead who likes to dress casually. Her long legs are ideal for kicking.
  • Serina is a spunky woman with great grabs and stomping moves. Watch for her casually sitting on her opponent after beating them!
  • Rin, also known as Azami, is a little girl who (luckily) possesses very few loli traits. She revels in using her nimbleness to surprise her opponents.

Screenshots:

???

Potential Patron
Ahhh....yeah, I remember this game. I have a bit of history with it.

Here is a link to videos of small modifications I've made to the game, to make it a little more enjoyable for ryona lovers like myself. :)

P.S:
As with the recent mod I've made for ASPW(All star pro wrestling 1), I will not simply hand this out. I will only give my mods to people who have given legitimate and useful answers to any of my posted requests since I've been here. If you believe you are one of those people and are interested in my mod, please simply PM me, and I'll send it to you.

Mardion

Potential Patron
^Haha, as I was writing up the available ground hits, I just knew you'd pop up in the comments section! And with good reason too, it's definitely one of the best games of its era for ground pummeling :-)

Hm, I'll have to check this out. Graphics look decent for a 64-bit era 3d game, too.

Oh yes they are, I used to love this game back in the PSX/N64 days, but I found out it still holds up pretty well!

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
P.S:
As with the recent mod I've made for ASPW(All star pro wrestling 1), I will not simply hand this out. I will only give my mods to people who have given legitimate and useful answers to any of my posted requests since I've been here. If you believe you are one of those people and are interested in my mod, please simply PM me, and I'll send it to you.

That's an unfortunate attitude. If we all shared such an attitude, then there would be no one to give you such answers, or anything else for that matter.

???

Potential Patron
Perhaps. However, you overlook that I've already handed over a fair amount of content that is by no means, easy to come by. Saying that my "attitude is unfortunate" only serves to show that you have little to no previous interaction with me or anything I've posted. One way to look at it is that if people respond appropriately, then not only will all others have access to what I come up with, but what they come up with as well. Two for one.

Put your index down, and think outside the box. :)

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
So I've been checking this out... the controls are awkward (which is no surprise for a n64 game).. Also, how exactly does training work for the create a character mode? Seems like I only have access to the most basic of moves no matter what I do...

Mardion

Potential Patron
I recall I got used to the controls pretty quickly, it's only getting used to the slow response time that takes some practice. As for the Create-a-character mode, which as mentioned is a very lengthy process, after creating your character you'll have to go into Training Mode and start accumulating moves by beating opponents. The more moves you have, the more difficult your opponents become, but the better moves you'll have access to.

???

Potential Patron
There's more to this game then meets the eye. I'm talking about the combo system.

Notice that when you fight some of the harder CPU's, they start busting out combos that you would initially think are downright impossible to pull off? The thing is, you can create endless combos with any character, as long as you're super precise and quick to boot.

It works like this:

Let's say you have a combo that's, P P P, right? No matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to latch anything onto the end of it, no matter what, although the computer seems to be able to....but there's a trick. Mardion I think mentioned a small delay in the control scheme, however there is a reason for this.

What the computer does is enter: P P P, really fast. Naturally, the entire combo will complete with time. But instead of letting the combo complete naturally, the comp will replace the final P with PK, at the time the move is executed onscreen.

So the comp enters

P P P

But onscreen you first see P ......P.......

Then at that moment, the comp presses PK

So what you see onscreen instead is P P PK, with P replaced with PK.

Now, if PK is the beginning of another combo, then you can put in the rest of the instructions of that comb naturally and then:

p p p can become P P PK K P.

If your focused enough, you can latch something onto the end of that combo as well. Its hard as hell, but fun if you get the hang of it.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
So, lousy "here's something I won't share with you guys" attitudes aside, I just want to say that despite the graphics, Serina may be one of the best looking girls I've seen in a fighting game in a long time. Do I ever love piledriving her or what....

edit: So I played a mirror match in practice mode, and set her AI to just do throws. The first thing she does is this Sonya Blade style leg scissor throw. My God, I'd love those legs around me. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.