Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online nude mod (1 Viewer)

wind_bell

Casual Client
Changed DDS file format of normal map from BC5_SNORM to BC5_UNORM.
And support for B8G8R8A8 format was added.

Since the data in the blank part of the normal map is 0x80 or 0x7F, I selected BC5_SNORM as the output format.
Is this the cause of the problem?

Attachments

test.7z
27.7 KB · Views: 273

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Nice work!
The normal map saved out with Intel Texture Works could be reimported and loaded in game.
I'll attach my PS export settings and two pudding screenshots as examples.
DXT1 settings are for the regular texture and PAR-files, which are masks for different material properties.
BC5 is for your normal map.

So in theory costume modding should now be possible. I don't know if there's differences to accessories and such though, but I'm too lazy to check that now.

Only thing that would still be nice to have is the possiblity to use alpha channels, but I don't know if that's possible or maybe too complicated or too much work.

Anyway, great work!

Attachments

• nep1.jpg
    nep1.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 1,880
  • nep2.jpg
    nep2.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 1,947
  • dxt1.jpg
    dxt1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,522
  • bc5.jpg
    bc5.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,139
Last edited:

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Another tip is to also replace your body00_outline_TEX with a 256x256 version of your modded texture, unless someone finds a way to disable outlines completely.
That way the outlines really match your texture as seen below (only applied to body).
Also sharing the mod.

Attachments

• Nep_CatSuit.jpg
    Nep_CatSuit.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 1,388
Nep_CatSuit_modSmurf.rar
502.2 KB · Views: 334

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Just noticed, the files can also be placed in:

x:\...\Content\pl\n04\n04Cos03\n04Cos03_00

for Nepgear.

Attachments

• NepGear_CatSuit.jpg
    NepGear_CatSuit.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 1,798
K

Kuugen

Since this is related to the topic, how are the models for the characters set up and separated? Has anyone taken a look already?
In Acton U and Blanc vs Zombies it was basically separated into normal_body, transform_body, normal_head, transform_head, normal_weapon, transform_weapon. The animation sets were also separate and could be swapped around by renaming.
I already read you need to basically install UE4 to properly unpack the .pak files, but before I bother with that I was wondering if someone can give me a heads up on what the model format looks like and whether it is going to be a pain to swap model parts around. (I'm well aware that swapping a model around brings the texture with it, but that's fine)

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
I'm working with an imported psk that contains one single body mesh without head, with the whole thing being rigged.
Not sure if that helps and I didn't really mod the former games.

I already read you need to basically install UE4 to properly unpack the .pak files

I already linked to the unpacker on a previous page.

huaixuyang

Potential Patron
Changed DDS file format of normal map from BC5_SNORM to BC5_UNORM.
And support for B8G8R8A8 format was added.

Since the data in the blank part of the normal map is 0x80 or 0x7F, I selected BC5_SNORM as the output format.
Is this the cause of the problem?
Thank you for the tools,
How to use it?I try to open it ,but nothing happens.
And drag .uasset file on the exe still can not get it work..

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
If you mean you don't know how it works (or anyone else for that matter):

- copy the original uasset into the tool's folder
- place the modified dxt1 texture without alpha and 10 mip maps in it as well
- open a command prompt and navigate to that folder
- type: import_dds body00_TEX.uasset body00_TEX.dds assetname.uasset <- the new uasset to be generated

That's how I do it. I then copy the new file back to the other uassets, delete the original and rename mine accordingly.
After making a backup of course.

But as already mentioned. It apparently only works for regular diffuse textures for now.

Make changes in that command according to what uasset you want to work with.

Last edited:

wind_bell

Casual Client
Another tip is to also replace your body00_outline_TEX with a 256x256 version of your modded texture, unless someone finds a way to disable outlines completely.
That way the outlines really match your texture as seen below (only applied to body).
Also sharing the mod.
wonderful.
It seems that childish neptune is grown adult.

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Made another version, which got a version number since I might still work on it.
Files are now in their appropriate folders.
I also "removed" the outlines for face and hair for the default versions. It probably doesn't work when using hair with another color in game.

I hope I didn't mess anything up with all those folders, but should be good.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 3,077

wind_bell

Casual Client
Good work.

I wonder how I can change the model data.
Is there no way to re-import .psk file exported by umodel into the .uasset file?

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
I'm not even sure what format it is since it's not any industry standard. It's neither supported by 3ds Max nor by Maya and I've been working with those programs for years. Even UE4 has no way of importing it; at least as far as I can tell.
Only thing you can do with them is import; in my case with max.
Also, upon importing, the bones are completely messed up yet driving the skin of the mesh when transformed and rotated, making it nothing you would even want to keep working on rigging wise.
But that is probably just some data approximation for bone visualization by Umodel?
If there's someone here who can figure this format out I'd say it's you. Maybe you could ask Gildor himself what he knows about it and if there's any way to actually export it to be reimported into a uasset.

wind_bell

Casual Client
I just started reading umodel's source code.
I think that everything he knows is included in this.
I do not have much experience of C++ so it will take time.
It would be nice if we could change the UE4 model as much as ISM2.

wind_bell

Casual Client
Now I am stuck with the understanding of C++ insufficient.
I will do another thing for a while and resume when I feel like it.

unilove

Swell Supporter
thank you for tool

Attachments

• UI_GalleryCG10_00_TEX.jpg
    UI_GalleryCG10_00_TEX.jpg
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 3,686
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.