Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online nude mod (2 Viewers)

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Ok. success!
I suspected it's mip map data and it is!

So I'll make another test with a mip map version. The textures weren't visible before because of the zoom level.

Prepare for mods I'd say!

Attachments

• nep_texTest.jpg
    nep_texTest.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 1,441
Last edited:

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
I tried that zenhax tekken tool and extracted a uasset.
The mip maps are in a seperate folder.
Is there a tool that lets you extract complete DDS with those maps included?
At least it shows where those mip maps have their place in the uasset since it shows the starting points.
But manually making 10 mip maps to be pasted is obviously not an option.
So far I wasn't successful outputting a file with PS and Nividia tools that has the same length as the complete uasset block, which in theory should be possible.
So getting a complete DDS might help.

wind_bell

Casual Client
There seems to be some 32 bytes of other data between mip map data.
Mip map seems to be eight levels in all.

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Mip map seems to be eight levels in all.
Should be 10 since the zenhax tool extracts one 1024x1024 main texture and puts 10 mips into a separate folder.
But I'm not sure since it wasn't written for this game.

I'm wondering if UE4 just works like this? When extracting a DDS from a uasset with Umodel I get a DDS without any mip maps even though they're in there.

And yes. I noticed those gaps too. So im still wondering how the uassets or DDS files were generated in the first place.

Last edited:

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
It's 11 parts of texture data separated by those gaps which can be counted by searching for something like:
00 00 48 00 00
So somehow those gaps need to be in there just that they are not generated during the DDS-export.
I really have no idea how to automate this to not paste in 11 pieces of a texture one by one into the spaces between those gaps.

wind_bell

Casual Client
Eight mip maps were my mistakes.
I tried to create a program to export and import DDS, which was useless.
Although it works on some files, many others can not find the data correctly.
It seems to be the only way to install UE4 and use that editor, or obtain the source code and make a program to process the uasset file in the same way as UE4.

Attachments

test.7z
25.1 KB · Views: 232

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
I just tried your tool and could generate two uassets that work perfectly and a third I picked randomly which also loaded fine.
I just couldn't check it in game because I don't think I have it in there. I suppose it works too though.
So from here I'd actually say it's a great step.
But what uassets are problematic exactly?

And I think I found another backlash.
All textures seem to be plain DXT1 without alpha and inserting a DXT5 extends the size from 80000 to 100000 (w/o mips) in the files I checked which makes it impossible to be pasted.
DXT1 with 1 bit alpha keeps the length though, but I don't know how to tell the uasset to utilize that channel if possible at all.

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
I know it might not be a valuable suggestion but it is a shot in the dark.
you can select a block of 80000 length and paste the texture with the higher length after editing (thus changing the length of the block after pasting) then see what happens.
Also another question,
Since we have access to the individual game files is it possible to do body swaps now (tried swapping wh with gh but failed miserably)
Hope that last mipmap wall gets broken soon,

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
you can select a block of 80000 length and paste the texture with the higher length after editing (thus changing the length of the block after pasting) then see what happens.
Already tried this and was rewarded with a crash.

And I just generated another texture that worked by the way. The files not working seem to be masks like par files and such since they're built differently I suppose.
So I guess that's the main problem regarding costume/ equipment modding? (Aside from the alpha channel)

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
It is kind of frustrating, when i max zoom in costume viewer or stick near a dungeon wall the mod works but it fades as the cam get further.
A side question, I use gimp for texture modding and when save while generating mipmaps i get 11! so is there a way to make only 10 since that is the number you suggested?

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Have you tried the tool by wind_bell?
It adds the gaps upon importing, letting the game load and use the texture, including mip maps.
The diffuse ones for costumes and equipment at least. Tried four now and so far they all worked.

A side question, I use gimp for texture modding and when save while generating mipmaps i get 11! so is there a way to make only 10 since that is the number you suggested?

I never used Gimp. Nvidia tools let you specify the amount of mips to be generated.
The total amount of textures is 11. The "main" 1024 x 1024 texture and 10 mips.

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
If you mean you don't know how it works (or anyone else for that matter):

- copy the original uasset into the tool's folder
- place the modified dxt1 texture without alpha and 10 mip maps in it as well
- open a command prompt and navigate to that folder
- type: import_dds body00_TEX.uasset body00_TEX.dds assetname.uasset <- the new uasset to be generated

That's how I do it. I then copy the new file back to the other uassets, delete the original and rename mine accordingly.
After making a backup of course.

But as already mentioned. It apparently only works for regular diffuse textures for now.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
really should avoid labeling a thread " cyberdimension nude mod" and then asking if one exists.
It's in the 'Adult Mod Requests' topic.
Very respectfully,
fleet (global moderator)

wind_bell

Casual Client
Updated the import and export tool.
Although it is a dirty method, it is now possible to export more images correctly than the previous one.
Conversion result is not confirmed in case of normal. It may make a wrong conversion.

Attachments

test.7z
27.5 KB · Views: 256

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Although it is a dirty method
Somehow this sounds appopriate for this thread ^^
And thanks from me too!
I could import both, actual texture and par-mask and had them loaded without issues.
I just seem to have troubles with the normal map. The one exported with your tool can be reimported without a problem.
But I'm not sure how to save one, neither with DDS tools (3dc) nor with Intel Texture Works (bc5).
Overwriting the format line via HxD didn't help either.
How would one go about this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.