Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online nude mod (1 Viewer)

Shouganai

Potential Patron
I think this is the wrong forum to ask, should have asked in the game modding request area.

But yeah, Never modded before but I've already unpacked the game data and have the texture .tga.

I think I should be able to figure it out, and fortunately I'm more of an artist than a modder. So once I get these texture files figured out I'll add some really great tits. Better than the last game's mods. Some puffy nipples...small nipples...big nipples...hope you guys like.

I'll be focusing on the 2D edits, if anyone can do the 3d work start there. Although I found some of the outfit's bump maps, so that would be good for adding nipple shading.

edit2: Jackpot: https://i.imgur.com/gYK0iiH.png

Found some character costume textures. Maybe I'll edit the 3d stuff after all...

edit3: event cards were easy to find https://i.imgur.com/KK9ua0N.jpg I'll try to do a few of them too, but really I wanna find the main 2d VN mode art first.

edit3: found the shop keepers https://i.imgur.com/EJ09Fw1.png

Last edited:

Shouganai

Potential Patron
Gildor's umodel program, it can unpack .pak files from unreal engine. Content was found in the Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 Goddesses Online\CyberdimensionNeptunia4GoddessesOnline\Content\Paks folder.

I found almost everything, events, 3d model textures, shop keepers, town player icons, but I haven't figured out where the normal VN 2D character cards are, since editing those will edit 90% of the games story. If anyone finds the file path let me know, I'll be busy for the next hour.

edit: not seeing any way to re-pack with this tool though, might be a command line option that isnt in the GUI. Please comment if you get an edited file to pack back in and how.

Tool asks what version of UE engine, I'm just picking 4.13. If anyone knows actual version post comment.

Last edited:

Shouganai

Potential Patron
OK So in umodel's documentation there is nothing about re-packing or importing to the .pak files. I did a quick search and couldn't find any apps that do it. So at this point we are stuck until someone else or I find a way to re-insert the edited files. Alternately we could use a game launcher that has the game search for the uncompressed files and load them on top, like kitserver did with the old neptunia unity engine games.

If anyone has experience with UE4 modding and can help, please chime in. I'll look again further tonight.

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
Tried older neptunia modding tools and they dont seem to work!
the pak size shouldnt surpass 4gb and this games pak file is more than 6gb.
Things aren't looking up good on my end.

Shouganai

Potential Patron
Yeah the old mod tools won't work, they switched game engines.

Also I found a config file in the games appdata folder, and it's used to refer the game where content directories are. May be able to point it to a modded folder, however that would mean you'd have to unpak the games entire 6.6gig pak file. I'll have to test it out later, but someone else is free to try in the mean time.

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Hi everyone.

I made a test by unpacking the whole freaking PAK, deleting it and letting the game load the uassets directly.
Works!
Unfortunately I couldn't really manage to properly replace the uassets with my texture with UE4 and the one I loaded showed up pure white.
Until someone can figure out how to properly make uassets in the engine, let me at least ease your logo spam-pain.

LetMePlayAlready

Last edited:

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
I do think that validation itself is very promising.
I think Shouganai Shouganai and other modders might feel more inclined to fiddle with the game a bit since repacking is no longer an issue.
Out of curiosity I have 3 questions:
- What is the size of the extracted pak archive?
- What tools did you use for the pak extraction?
- Have you tested the neptuinia texture modding tools available? (if the same older texture structure is there ofc)

Nice job!

Nyameria

Vivacious Visitor
yai! please nude mods for that game <3
btw how hart would it be not just to change the models textures

but also the characters then they appear in the cutszenes?
i mean they are mostly the same pose with differnet faces?

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
An interesting idea regarding modding the uassets files,
Some recent popular UE4 games have had some texture mods involving uasset files like Tekken7 and SFV.
Especially SFV as the modding scene for the game seems pretty active.
(some of the juiciest stuff have already been done there!)
Hope this gives some idea to the more savvy modders out there to try some stuff for the game.

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
- What is the size of the extracted pak archive?
- What tools did you use for the pak extraction?
- Have you tested the neptuinia texture modding tools available? (if the same older texture structure is there ofc)

The size is about the same. Fortunately.
For unpacking I used UnrealPak which is part of the UE4 installation and can be found here:
x:\...\Epic Games\4.xx\Engine\Binaries\Win64

There's obviously some other tool I just happened to find but didn't try.
Unreal Engine 4 pak-file Unpacker / unreal_tournament_4.bms [UE4 global topic] - ZenHAX

If needed I'll upload the packer I used. Just let me know.
It's a command line tool and lets you unpack with the following command:

UnrealPak.exe CyberdimensionNeptunia4GoddessesOnline-WindowsNoEditor.pak -extract x:\your\path

You will get two folders:
- CyberdimensionNeptunia4GoddessesOnline
- Engine

Merge each with the already existing one. Maybe make a backup of your game folder first because as we all know, shit happens.
Invalidate or delete the PAK. Not sure if overriding actually works. I didn't try.

The uassets themselves can be extracted with the newest version of umodel by Gildor.
Just make sure you set it to UE4 - 4.13. That version is sure to work.

I haven't tried any other modding tools yet. I didn't really want to bother since this is the first Idea Factory game using UE4. So I didn't really see a point and kept trying with the engine itself.
But it's been a while I actually modded a Nep game.
If there's tools that might or still do work I'd like to know of course.

May the pudding be with you.

Last edited:

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
I get a strange error after sometime through the unpacking and I cant seem to know to what directory the extraction happens.
any ideas?
Error.PNG

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
I haven't used that tool so I don't know.
I'd recommend installing UE4 since I don't think there's any other way to mess around with uassets and you will have a working unpacker.

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
Personal Update:
I managed to extract the textures until the dds format level.
Now the remaining task is to properly import the edited texture into the uasset file.

A short tutorial for those interested (umodel_win32 is needed):

-locate the target uasset file (eg: CyberdimensionNeptunia4GoddessesOnline\Content\pl\g00\g00Cos00\g00Cos00_00\body00_TEX.uasset)
-copy it into the unmodel.exe directory
-run cmd (shift + right click) in the same directory
-paste the following line
"umodel -nomesh -noanim -dds -export body00_TEX.uasset"
-DONE!

Not sure if it helps but this is what I have:wink:.

alex_x

Vivacious Visitor
Another finding (getting close now!!)
based on a tutorial i found for injecting textures in tekken by moddah i got the following findings so here is the next tutorial

To inject textures:

- Use a hex editor (HxD) to open the dds file and the uasset files
- In the dds file, jump to offset(80) (press ctrl+g then type 80)
- Copy all the rest till the end of the file (press ctrl+shift+End)
[Note: the length should be 80000 hex]
- In the uasset file, jump to offset (37D)
- Use select block option (from the edit menu in HxD) select a block of the same length (80000)
- Paste and Save

SHOULD be done by now but when i check the file with UEviewer i dont see changes!!

To validate this (aside from it actually finally opening as it gives an error if you dont paste correctly thus corrupting the file!)
what i did is take the "body00_TEX.uasset" from g02 folder (white heart) and inject the dds extracted from the same uasset file for g00 (purple heart)
the file loads (so it wasnt corrupted) but the texture isnt changed in the UEviewer so at that point i really am lost!

I will post the modified uasset file for anyone who managed to fully extract the 6GB pak and play with it invalidated (by moveing or deleting it) to get feed back regarding testing it in game as i havent been so lucky with the full pak extraction for some reason!

So close yet Sooo far Megamis!

Attachments

body00_TEX.rar
281.4 KB · Views: 446

Last edited:

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
Personal Update:
I managed to extract the textures until the dds format level.
How? I only got TGAs with Umodel.

The start seems promising since your uasset seems to perfectly match the original one when viewed with my hex editor.
I had tried copying blocks before but pretty much blindly and without having dug into it at all.
Anyway.
(Your file crashes the game upon initial loading.)
Edit: My bad. Game loads fine. I still had a corrupt uasset made by me in some other folder.

If the replaced textures are those of the standard purple and white heart then the change isn't visible for some reason. But it's promising nonetheless.

Edit: followed your instructions with another file and a DDS of mine. Same result. loads up but no change in texture.

I still recommend getting the engine but I will upload the unpacker that comes with it.
If sharing it is somehow a problem, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Attachments

UnrealPak.rar
2.5 MB · Views: 364

Last edited:

modSmurf

Vivacious Visitor
I don't want to edit my former post forever.
So here's a new one.

I'm not sure what the extra data is that comes after the actual texture.
If the game still gets the vanilla texture from that uasset, then I suppose it's still in the code that's left after pasting?

Attachments

• DDS_End.jpg
    DDS_End.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 335
  • uasset_End.jpg
    uasset_End.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 326

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.