Creation Engine [Skyrim & Fallout] - Zako (1 Viewer)

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
Hello everyone,

This thread will be for the Creation Engine mostly, but this tutorial is applicable on previous bethesda games like Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion and even Morrowind with some trial and error probably. I'm gonna copy past my two previous posts for now and later on include other tutorials.

Feel free to ask any questions, i'll try and help as much as possible, right now i have both Fallout 3 and Skyrim installed, so i might be able to help with those. Fallout 4 still doesn't have the toolset yet, but if you're familiar with Skyrim, then you shouldn't have any problems with Fallout 4, keep in mind there might be complications due to the new weapons and armor system in Fallout 4.

How to turn all enemies Female

I'm gonna write down a tutorial to add/change zako seemlessly, its really not very hard. I'll use skyrim as a template, and i'll have to make future posts detailing other steps if possible, but really the first step in making zako is very simple. Open the toolkit, this will either be GECK or the Creation Kit for Skyrim, you will see something like this:

step1.png

At the top right are the words "File", click on that to get a drop down with multiple things such as Data, Save, Export, Preferences, etc. we only need "Data" for now, click on that. You will get a box with all sorts of esm, and esp files. check Skyrim.esm and click ok, and wait for it to load. You do not have to worry about any other file for now, it'll get very complicated if you try to use resources from other .esp files into your mod, i'll try and explain how to make custom armor zako in the next post.

The easiest way to get female enemies is to check the "LeveledCharacter" lists, click on that, and then in this order put the word "bandit" in the filter, and then click on SubCharBandit01Melee [i'll explain this in a minute]:

step2.png

You will see a box pop up, double click on Form Editor ID to expand it, and click on any item that ends with a capital M and press the Delete key on your keyboard. Once you're done, click ok, then click save. You will be prompted to name the file, for this tutorial i have called it TestMod and it'll save as TestMod.esp in your Data folder. But anyways, the process that you just completed removes all One Handed Melee Bandit Males from the game, and just keeps the females. You can proceed to do the same to all the other SubCharBandit01 lists like Magic, Melee1hTank, Melee2H etc

Keep in mind that SubCharBandit02-06 are bandits that appear later in the game, 01 are the starting area bandits, 02 pop up when you progress further into the story and so on, you'll have to do it for all of these to reflect that in the game as it seems they divided all bandits into level ranges, and i assume this is the same for all other groups, like the legion, stormcloaks etc

Next up:

How to make custom Zako

This will be a bit tricky because it takes a bit more time to do than the previous tutorial, but first, open the toolkit as usual, check your mod, and click on "Set as active file", also pay attention that the associated .esm is listed on the right, that means you won't have to check on skyrim.esm anymore, as it will auto load it for you.

Step3.png

Click ok, and wait for the mod to load up. Lets add some custom armor first, the simplest way to do this is to click on ArmorAddon first, and then double click on something like BanditCuirass1AA, you will get something like this:

step4.png

Note the window, you'll want to click on the bottom "Select" as this is the female model of the armor, this will be the same window for most armors in the game. As you click select a window will pop up. [Note: You can change the ID into something else to create a custom entry it will create a separate ID entry for the item so you don't have to touch the original game entries if you want, but i'll explain that in a later post]

Step5.png

Ignore the awful texture, this is because i'm using a custom body so the default body isn't displayed correctly in the creation kit. Click on Edit and look in the "meshes" folder for the armor you want changed, in my case i'll use a mod i downloaded from the nexus to change one of the armor sets for the female bandits into this:

Step6.png

Remember that ArmorAddon isn't Armor, its just the graphics used to create a piece of equipment, that piece of equipment can be found in the Armor entry, if you click on it, and double click on the relevant item you'll see which ArmorAddon it uses, this can be used to create sets of items or individual pieces of items all in one entry. Also you can modify the stats of an armor here, if you care only about visuals, just change the armor rating to 1, and probably the weight to 1, so those zako won't give you any trouble!

Step9.1.png

This works the same for any piece of armor, there is Cuirass, Boots, Gloves and Helmet, change them to the corresponding pieces in the "meshes" folder to get the desired result.

For this tutorial i used this armor for my zako bandits:

Malos Vidar Armor for CBBE V3 at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

With all that done, don't forget to save, as the next step will be important because it doesn't end here, but if you load up the game you'll get some mixed results with the armor arrangement on the zako because their armor is also in in a seperate custom list, so you'll want to create your own custom list. so first ensure that you create a custom armor list for your zako. Begin by selecting Outfit, right click anywhere in the list, you'll get a context menu, click on "New" and then name your Outfit "01Zako" i added a number at the beginning for convenience as the list is ordered alphanumerically and if the first character is a number it'll get listed at the top of the list, assuming you didn't fiddle with any filters.

Step7.png

Now go to LeveledItem and do the same, but this time call the new empty entry 0ZakoSet1 [You can of course add more sets if you want]

Step8.png

Open the entry you just created, and then while the new window is open open the Armor item, and filter for bandit armor, and drag the pieces of armor you modified:

Step9.png

Click ok, this will have created an armor set for all your bandits to wear, now put the new set into the outfit entry you created [along with any extra sets you have created, if you did that it will randomize the armor worn by bandits with armor you have modded in exclusively, without having to use the default in-game armor]:

step10.png

Click on Actor, and filter for bandits, look at the highlight box, thats right, thats the Template entry for bandits.

Step11.png

If you double click on it you'll see a screen on Default Outfit and select the outfit you created.

Step12.png

Click ok then save.

For your convenience you can also look at the stats here, just be careful and consult the CreationKit wiki on what each and every value does, but the basic idea here is that you can also screw around with their stats so that you can make them weaker or stronger than you, or give them static stats if you feel like it. This is also where you can edit their visuals.

You should have this as an end result, if you followed my tutorial to the letter.

ScreenShot60.bmp
ScreenShot61.bmp

Recommended Mods

Decent Women - improve female npcs face at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

This mod will make your bandits look better than the default, unless you're the type to modify every individual bandit, this is a quick and easy way to make them look better.

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
Reserved for future updates, & tutorials.

On that note, Recommended mods is kinda barebones, so if you have any mod suggestions inform me so i can include it in the list [lets keep it zako relevant, so lets limit the recommended mods to NPC changes for now]

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
Do you know of a way to turn the looks of bandits to be one of a follower/companion mod?

Yes, but you will need tesvsnip or other mod mergers, merge the companion .esp with your mod's .esp file, the reason you merge is because bethesda disabled .esp's sharing resources, and its a very long story. Anyways download this thing from tesv-snip - A Skyrim Plugin Utility based off Figments TESVSnip 4.2 - Google Project Hosting, for the purpose of this tutorial.

Open both relevant esp files and expand the companion file.
Step13.png

It will look like this, select all relevant information, highlighted in blue in this image and then right click > copy to > [mod name]
Step14.png

One done, delete the esp then go to File > Save, and i recommend you rename your mod when saving to keep the original esp unmolested in case something screwy happens.
Step15.png

Now open up the creation engine, find the relevant companion Actor that you just added, then change the companion to use the bandit template.

Step16.png

If you want to create multiple copies of the entry, just change the ID to Amanda2, it will ask you if you want to create a new entry and say yes. Add new entries to relevant leveled lists (LeveledCharacter, if you recall from the first tutorial where you deleted the male bandits you can add the companion into these lists and if set to use the bandit template then the game will treat them as a bandit and they won't be attached to whatever script or dialogue they had as companions).

Don't forget to export the face data so your new character doesn't pop up with a grey or featureless head, this is done by simply pressing Ctrl+F4. When all is said and done save your mod.

Last edited:

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
Awesome stuff. Is there a simple way to do it the other way around?

I think you want their inventory to be intact? just make sure to not check "use inventory" when setting them up as a bandit, they'll keep the equipped items they had in the mod they were in.

R

Rando

So I'm having the urge to create a character based on the Dark Elves from Kingdom Under Fire II.
ZtNGLnh.jpg

qa9Fu2p.jpg

However, as we know, the Dark Elves in Skyrim are kind of ugly by default. The Ethereal Elven Overhaul mod partially remedies this by removing the wrinkles and making everything smoother, so it can at least be uses to make the older version of the Dark Elves (as seen in previous Kingdom Under Fire games). Still, I'd like to get the Korean MMO aesthetics on Skyrim's dark elves. Smooth skin, soft features and all that. Is there a way to do this without custom races? A possible workaround I thought of was to simply use a human-type race then add elf ears, but I'd like to try and play as a legit Dunmer and be recognized as such in the game.

Also, I'm looking for clothing/armor mods that at least resembles the ones you see above. It's not as important as I've found some alteenatives, but if you could point me towards new ones I'd greatly appreciate it.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I'M NOT ALONE ANYMORE
It's been a while since I've combed through skyrim mods, but I know there's Witch Elf armor that, while not exactly what you're looking for, does have a bit of the shape. The problem with trying to create KuF dark elves(and I know, listen man I know, KuF Crusaders came out in 2004) is that the long loincloth in front has never played well in any elder scrolls game, because the physics simulation has never quite gotten there. There was something similar in morrowind way back in the day, but I've never seen it since and never all short in the back. Long ponytails are out there, as is the bikini wrapping. I don't know where but I KNOW they're out there. You can just comb through the nexus' armour and clothing sections until you find them, but you might feel like you're a bit of a madman.
Faces are easy enough if you're making a played character, just steal some dude's face from a saved game that he worked on for like 5 years, because yo there are dudes who are making anime faces and have become experts in their fields. If you classify easy as having 2 programs open and looking up tutorials on the internet, you can expand that to NPCs by using wyre bash and it'll still be easy.

R

Rando

Looks like the solution to the face thing is simpler than I thought. I tried using a Breton female preset (this is after applying XCE and some other common mods, so people aren't as ugly by default anymore) and switched races to Dark Elf using a console command (that is, [player.setrace "DarkElf"], without the square brackets). While the head gained dark elf characteristics, the face texture, eyes etc from the Breton preset is still retained, so you don't have the protruding Dark Elf brows. It seems like the protrusion is drawn on in the texture, so no amount of sculpting can change how it looks.
After using the preset, I simply used the sculpt tool to smoothen the face a bit, then used the slider to change some features. Racemenu also includes the "Extra" option, which allows you to add/reduce other race's head features. I used it to reduce the Dark Elf characteristic by a little, so the face is less angular but still retains some of the sharp bone structure. I'm already pretty happy with this, but suggestions are welcome, especially to make it more similar to the KUFII elves.
gu1HrdU.jpg

9bZDoQJ.jpg

ELzhbVm.jpg

JoanCujoh

Master of this Domain
Hello everyone,

This thread will be for the Creation Engine mostly, but this tutorial is applicable on previous bethesda games like Fallout 3/NV, Oblivion and even Morrowind with some trial and error probably. I'm gonna copy past my two previous posts for now and later on include other tutorials.

Feel free to ask any questions, i'll try and help as much as possible, right now i have both Fallout 3 and Skyrim installed, so i might be able to help with those. Fallout 4 still doesn't have the toolset yet, but if you're familiar with Skyrim, then you shouldn't have any problems with Fallout 4, keep in mind there might be complications due to the new weapons and armor system in Fallout 4.

How to turn all enemies Female

I'm gonna write down a tutorial to add/change zako seemlessly, its really not very hard. I'll use skyrim as a template, and i'll have to make future posts detailing other steps if possible, but really the first step in making zako is very simple. Open the toolkit, this will either be GECK or the Creation Kit for Skyrim, you will see something like this:

step1.png

At the top right are the words "File", click on that to get a drop down with multiple things such as Data, Save, Export, Preferences, etc. we only need "Data" for now, click on that. You will get a box with all sorts of esm, and esp files. check Skyrim.esm and click ok, and wait for it to load. You do not have to worry about any other file for now, it'll get very complicated if you try to use resources from other .esp files into your mod, i'll try and explain how to make custom armor zako in the next post.

The easiest way to get female enemies is to check the "LeveledCharacter" lists, click on that, and then in this order put the word "bandit" in the filter, and then click on SubCharBandit01Melee [i'll explain this in a minute]:

step2.png

You will see a box pop up, double click on Form Editor ID to expand it, and click on any item that ends with a capital M and press the Delete key on your keyboard. Once you're done, click ok, then click save. You will be prompted to name the file, for this tutorial i have called it TestMod and it'll save as TestMod.esp in your Data folder. But anyways, the process that you just completed removes all One Handed Melee Bandit Males from the game, and just keeps the females. You can proceed to do the same to all the other SubCharBandit01 lists like Magic, Melee1hTank, Melee2H etc

Keep in mind that SubCharBandit02-06 are bandits that appear later in the game, 01 are the starting area bandits, 02 pop up when you progress further into the story and so on, you'll have to do it for all of these to reflect that in the game as it seems they divided all bandits into level ranges, and i assume this is the same for all other groups, like the legion, stormcloaks etc

Next up:

How to make custom Zako

This will be a bit tricky because it takes a bit more time to do than the previous tutorial, but first, open the toolkit as usual, check your mod, and click on "Set as active file", also pay attention that the associated .esm is listed on the right, that means you won't have to check on skyrim.esm anymore, as it will auto load it for you.

Step3.png

Click ok, and wait for the mod to load up. Lets add some custom armor first, the simplest way to do this is to click on ArmorAddon first, and then double click on something like BanditCuirass1AA, you will get something like this:

step4.png

Note the window, you'll want to click on the bottom "Select" as this is the female model of the armor, this will be the same window for most armors in the game. As you click select a window will pop up. [Note: You can change the ID into something else to create a custom entry it will create a separate ID entry for the item so you don't have to touch the original game entries if you want, but i'll explain that in a later post]

Step5.png

Ignore the awful texture, this is because i'm using a custom body so the default body isn't displayed correctly in the creation kit. Click on Edit and look in the "meshes" folder for the armor you want changed, in my case i'll use a mod i downloaded from the nexus to change one of the armor sets for the female bandits into this:

Step6.png

Remember that ArmorAddon isn't Armor, its just the graphics used to create a piece of equipment, that piece of equipment can be found in the Armor entry, if you click on it, and double click on the relevant item you'll see which ArmorAddon it uses, this can be used to create sets of items or individual pieces of items all in one entry. Also you can modify the stats of an armor here, if you care only about visuals, just change the armor rating to 1, and probably the weight to 1, so those zako won't give you any trouble!

Step9.1.png

This works the same for any piece of armor, there is Cuirass, Boots, Gloves and Helmet, change them to the corresponding pieces in the "meshes" folder to get the desired result.

For this tutorial i used this armor for my zako bandits:

Malos Vidar Armor for CBBE V3 at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

With all that done, don't forget to save, as the next step will be important because it doesn't end here, but if you load up the game you'll get some mixed results with the armor arrangement on the zako because their armor is also in in a seperate custom list, so you'll want to create your own custom list. so first ensure that you create a custom armor list for your zako. Begin by selecting Outfit, right click anywhere in the list, you'll get a context menu, click on "New" and then name your Outfit "01Zako" i added a number at the beginning for convenience as the list is ordered alphanumerically and if the first character is a number it'll get listed at the top of the list, assuming you didn't fiddle with any filters.

Step7.png

Now go to LeveledItem and do the same, but this time call the new empty entry 0ZakoSet1 [You can of course add more sets if you want]

Step8.png

Open the entry you just created, and then while the new window is open open the Armor item, and filter for bandit armor, and drag the pieces of armor you modified:

Step9.png

Click ok, this will have created an armor set for all your bandits to wear, now put the new set into the outfit entry you created [along with any extra sets you have created, if you did that it will randomize the armor worn by bandits with armor you have modded in exclusively, without having to use the default in-game armor]:

step10.png

Click on Actor, and filter for bandits, look at the highlight box, thats right, thats the Template entry for bandits.

Step11.png

If you double click on it you'll see a screen on Default Outfit and select the outfit you created.

Step12.png

Click ok then save.

For your convenience you can also look at the stats here, just be careful and consult the CreationKit wiki on what each and every value does, but the basic idea here is that you can also screw around with their stats so that you can make them weaker or stronger than you, or give them static stats if you feel like it. This is also where you can edit their visuals.

You should have this as an end result, if you followed my tutorial to the letter.

ScreenShot60.bmp
ScreenShot61.bmp

Recommended Mods

Decent Women - improve female npcs face at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

This mod will make your bandits look better than the default, unless you're the type to modify every individual bandit, this is a quick and easy way to make them look better.

I have a question, do this work for other games with Zako? like the saints row series or Assasin's creed syndicate?
Nb: sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't have a PC ;-;

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
I have a question, do this work for other games with Zako? like the saints row series or Assasin's creed syndicate?
Nb: sorry if it's a dumb question, I don't have a PC ;-;
Its specifically for Bethesda games, the other games run on different engines which means modding them will also be different.

colasc

Swell Supporter
Hey if you are doing this are you also using Hdt and Sexlab? Also do you consider to upload this as a mod? (like replacing wolves with those zakos) Would be great.

Kristopher Prime

Club Regular
I am wanting to turn the imperial legion of skyrim into females or at least add females to the ranks. If it is possible, can someone show me how to do that? Or can someone make a mod with that? I would also appreciate it if someone could list all factions with female enemies? Forsworn, stormcloaks, bandits, etc. thanks.

weediscool

Ryonani Teamster
Hey if you are doing this are you also using Hdt and Sexlab? Also do you consider to upload this as a mod? (like replacing wolves with those zakos) Would be great.

I don't use any of these mods, and replacing wolves might be a problem since the model itself is ruled by animations so if i replace say wolves or spiders or any non-humanoid model with a human model, it'll be distorted and will not animate properly.

I am wanting to turn the imperial legion of skyrim into females or at least add females to the ranks. If it is possible, can someone show me how to do that? Or can someone make a mod with that? I would also appreciate it if someone could list all factions with female enemies? Forsworn, stormcloaks, bandits, etc. thanks.

Feminized Level Lists at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

Legionettes at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

These should help you remove most males out of the level list.

colasc

Swell Supporter
I don't use any of these mods, and replacing wolves might be a problem since the model itself is ruled by animations so if i replace say wolves or spiders or any non-humanoid model with a human model, it'll be distorted and will not animate properly.

These should help you remove most males out of the level list.

Well i didn't mean it like that. Just like if a wolf appears you just replace it with a bandit. In other words your replace the enemy with an other. I did it myself on CreationKit but i get bored quick of my own creations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.