Change throatresist in dialogue (1 Viewer)

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
Hi all!

So I've been working on an automatic dialogue for the past few days where she learns how to take a dick in her throat. Basically, after throating a dick long enough her resistances will decrease and she can swallow easier.

I looked through the help files for both dialogue actions and more triggers and I found a trigger for changing intro resistance, but not throat resistance. I found a work around for that though; creating a variable for the new resistance, setting da.charcode.load to throatresistance:*variable*, then loading the character code.

Well, a new problem showed itself. Loading a character code tends to reset various settings. Intro resistance doesn't reset because I have reset on new character disabled. But other settings, such as tan and her penis, are reset when the dialogue updates her throat resistance.

I gave a thorough explanation so I could ask a question. Is there a way to change throat resistance without loading a charcode in dialogue? I could just be missing something simple, but I tried looking through any documentation I thought was relevant. I could upload my wip if anyone wants to take a look at my progress and see how I did it so far. But it's still not complete though.

edgelord 3000

Content Creator
Did you try [LOAD_CHARCODE2] to see if it made a difference?
Also, I haven't tested this but you could probably identify the stuff that gets reset and just write them into the da.charcode.load variable. [SETVAR_da.charcode.load_throatresistance:*variable*;herpenis:*da.her.penis*,*da.her.penis.length*,*da.her.penis.width*] and so forth.

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I thought I had already been using [LOAD_CHARCODE2] while changing throatresistance but turns out I wasn't. I did use it at the beginning of the dialogue, though, because I use other mods that are more convenient to change with charcode. I'll try [LOAD_CHARCODE2] and see if that fixes the problem.

There's still the fact that loading a charcode will remove the loaded background. I have other dialogues that load in different girls or guys and the background is removed even with [LOAD_CHARCODE2]. My solution to that is to add desired backgrounds to more clothing.

Here's the segment I use for stat management in my dialogue.
--==Stat Management==--
check_intro_0_INSTANT:"[set_intro_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStat.intro":"-5"}}
check_intro_1_INSTANT:"[check_break_*varStat.break >= varLimit.break*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him"}
set_intro_INSTANT:"[UPDATE_RESISTANCE_*varStat.intro*][check_break_*varStat.break >= varLimit.break*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him"}
check_break_0_INSTANT:"[check_experience_*varStat.exp >= varLimit.exp1*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him"}
check_break_1_INSTANT:"[check_throat_*varStat.throat <= 0*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStat.break":0}}
check_throat_0_INSTANT:"[set_throat_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStat.throat":"-3"}}
check_throat_1_INSTANT:"[check_experience_*varStat.exp >= varLimit.exp1*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him"}
set_throat_INSTANT:"[SETVAR_da.charcode.load_throatResist:*varStat.throat*][LOAD_CHARCODE][check_experience_*varStat.exp >= varLimit.exp1*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him"}
check_experience_0_INSTANT:"[saysomething_*varLine*_*da.mouthfull*]"{"style":"Him"}
check_experience_1_INSTANT:"[check_skill_*varStat.skill >= 5*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStat.exp":0}}
check_skill_0_INSTANT:"[saysomething_*varLine*_*da.mouthfull*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him","set":{"varStat.skill":"+1"}}
check_skill_1_INSTANT:"[saysomething_*varLine*_*da.mouthfull*_INSTANT]"{"style":"Him"}

BlueZephyr

Casual Client
I don't fully understand how da works but I added a 2 to [LOAD_CHARCODE] and the settings didn't reset. I didn't do a lot of testing but I did test the 2 things I noticed that were resetting, tan and her penis. I let the dialogue go through until it changed the throat once and all settings stayed the same.

Thanks so much! I probably wouldn't have thought about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.