Change Default Girl (1 Viewer)

Jack-The-Ripper

Potential Patron
I always find myself making the same changes to the default girl, so I was wondering how I could change how she looks. I'm sure it's somewhere in the guide, but I just can't find it.

stuntcock

Content Creator
The game should preserve customization settings between play sessions, via Flash's Local shared object storage feature. If you see a brunette girl when you close the game, then you ought to also see a brunette girl when you next launch the game.

If that's not happening then there may be something unusual about the way that you're using the game. For example: if you're running it in an Incognito browser window then it's conceivable that your customization changes would be totally discarded ... but more importantly you shouldn't be running the game in a browser window at all. Use the standalone Flash Player Projector instead.

----------------​

Assuming that the session-persistence stuff isn't sufficient, you'll need to delve into more technical operations.

If you're using the SDT Loader, then you can save your preferred charcode into a file, name it code.txt, and then place it in the Mods\$INIT$ folder (and the Mods\$RESET$ folder if you want to be thorough). For stuff beyond the standard charcode (such as SWF dynamic hairstyles and SWF costume mods) you can include those SWF files in the relevant folders ($INIT$, $RESET$) and then list them in the local mods.txt files. But it may be easier to register those SWF files with sby's moreclothing mod and then fully customize the character in-game (via the selector buttons, RGB sliders, etc), then generate a charcode, and finally dump this charcode into the code.txt file (as described above).

If you're using the vanilla game then you'll need to figure out how to edit SOL files. Find ChoIrrumatio.sol (note: there may be several copies on your local disk if you've run various copies of SDT over the years) and open it in Minerva. Flip the standardChar option to True, and set the standardCharID to the appropriate number. Nope nevermind this won't actually work.
... then you'll need to find advice from someone more clever than me. Or use the Loader instead.

Rudgar

Content Creator
For anybody else didn't say it yet, I will say it now:

Thank you, stuntcock, for explaining things so paitently!
(... this should be the least to answer after getting help, I think)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
if you go the moreclothing route, moreclothing has a setting 'charcodeafterload' where you would want to paste in your charcode, as moreclothing will still be loading things after $init is loaded so dumping a code.txt in there probably won't help.
(also any moreclothing-loaded items won't be populated in the list yet for the $init code.txt)

B

bloorp

if you go the moreclothing route, moreclothing has a setting 'charcodeafterload' where you would want to paste in your charcode, as moreclothing will still be loading things after $init is loaded so dumping a code.txt in there probably won't help.
(also any moreclothing-loaded items won't be populated in the list yet for the $init code.txt)

Wow. So that's what was wrong! I was pretty much at wit's end trying to figure out why dropping charcodes in $INIT$ and $RESET$ wasn't getting rid of SDChan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.