Buy/Not Buy: Wrestling Videos (5 Viewers)

James

Vivacious Visitor
SLAMpegs is a wonderful site, but sometimes their stuff can be a little...displeasing. With their recent update, I decided to buy two clips: A handicap match that has Angel Williams and Krissy Vaine wrestling a male and a long 30+ minute squash with Portia Perez and a male. These two are shining examples of how disparate the quality of their clips can be.

First, the Not Buy: The handicap match. It has the makings of a good clip: hot blond takes on big tough guy briefly before getting dominated until her friend jumps in only to suffer the same fate. However, the performances were...I'd go as far as to call it unprofessional. The guy wasn't too bad. He was a bit over the top, but that's to be expected at times. The two women though treated this as a joke. I'm not saying that having fun is something I'm against, but they were annoying here. Angel is visibly laughing while in a backbreaker at one point and has an annoying need to comment on the sweatiness of the male. Again, not a problem if you're just trash talking, but when you're in a hold, it hurts the suspension of disbelief. Krissy was the worst part. She acts like a kid with ADD and was way too busy making "amusing" comments while getting her ass kicked. At one point, they grab a towel and wipe the guy down before clotheslining him. It was cute, I guess, but it's something that should be pointed out if you don't like humor in your matches. The match ends with 4 piledrivers. The tombstones were alright even if you could see about a foot of space between Angel's head and the mat. The ones on Krissy were just awful. He just kind of fell back with Krissy's head at a slight angle. I feel bad for the guy who got this after paying the $200 or whatever dollars. Avoid.

Buy: Portia Perez vs male. Portia is a petite lady who I'm a bit unfamiliar with. She apparently wrestles in SHIMMER, a promotion I don't watch, but maybe worth noting. A rather straightforward match with the male putting Portia through the ringer. A fun no-frills contest that's contested as a 30 minute Iron Man (Person?) match. He scores 11 falls to nothing with Portia getting little to no offense. Aside from some cringe worthy convulsions, she's a pro. Odd ending with the male actually losing for tombstoning her after the match and getting DQ'd. This somehow voids all of the prior falls. Aside from some minor nitpicks, this is a definite recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
Having also purchased both matches, I am happy to discuss these matches with you.

I find it really distracting when the wrestlers are laughing and acting out of character during a match. You are absolutely right about how inappropriate it is for the ladies to be cracking jokes and making offhand comments while they're getting beaten up. I'm glad the performers are having a good time, but as you said, it's unprofessional. On the other hand, I guess that is the nature of customs sometimes. Without an audience, there's always going to be something "off" about the match.

Angel actually has this problem in a lot of her matches. I really hope it's not because she's too big a star to take customs seriously. That would hurt my opinion of her. Surprisingly, Sara Del Rey also has this problem. I know the last few SLAMpegs she's done, she always seems to have a smile on her face even when she's on the losing end. It's distracting, especially since I know her to be a fantastic in-ring performer outside of these customs. Curious. I didn't have a problem with the somewhat phony piledrivers, because I'm always concerned for the performers' safety. They have done videos with some excellent, devastating looking piledrivers but there's so many variables when you're doing a move a like that and I can understand why they can't always be perfect. I'd rather the wrestlers are protected than take any risks they're not comfortable with.

I absolutely LOVED the Portia Perez match. I normally prefer falls to end in submission rather than KOs, but she is so good at losing consciousness convincingly. I'll admit that I found the convulsions to be a bit over the top, but I actually liked them a lot. Did you find that it made the action seem too brutal or too silly? It was an...interesting choice, I'll give her that much.

One more thing: Why did she have something tied to her wrist? Bugged me.

James

Vivacious Visitor
I thought the convulsions just looked goofy. It didn't hurt the match really, I just felt that I could have done without them. It didn't help with Rain's nonchalant reaction of "that's what happens when you beat up on a lady like that." Didn't seemed too concerned that one of the competitors was convalescing from being beaten so much. It's a nitpick, I know. As far as the joking goes, Krissy is another one who seems to have an issue with keeping a straight face. There was one match with a large wrestler that began with yoga(?) and suffered from the same problems as the Not Buy match had. This shot is the only worthwhile thing about it.

My view on the piledrivers was more that if you can't do it safely, you shouldn't do it all. The fellow seemed unfamiliar with the moves with the way he was holding Angel's head and the awkwardness of the Krissy ones. I'd rather go without than see a weak or sloppy and possibly dangerous one.

I have no idea what was with that bandanna either.

pileme19

Ryonani Teamster
I thought the convulsions just looked goofy. It didn't hurt the match really, I just felt that I could have done without them. It didn't help with Rain's nonchalant reaction of "that's what happens when you beat up on a lady like that." Didn't seemed too concerned that one of the competitors was convalescing from being beaten so much. It's a nitpick, I know. As far as the joking goes, Krissy is another one who seems to have an issue with keeping a straight face. There was one match with a large wrestler that began with yoga(?) and suffered from the same problems as the Not Buy match had. This shot is the only worthwhile thing about it.

My view on the piledrivers was more that if you can't do it safely, you shouldn't do it all. The fellow seemed unfamiliar with the moves with the way he was holding Angel's head and the awkwardness of the Krissy ones. I'd rather go without than see a weak or sloppy and possibly dangerous one.

I have no idea what was with that bandanna either.

Krissy does seem to do that. Its too bad because shes one of the best wrestlers and hottest girls there.

I did a custom with her and RAIN, and she gave a tombstone piledriver to rain which actually wasnt that bad.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster

That is an excellent point. I wonder if it was expressed to the customer that the performer might not be able to execute the move to his satisfaction. This is one of the reasons I've been hesitant to order a custom. It's a decent chunk of change and I've always been concerned about how my order might not be up to my expectations. Still, they're a great company so I may just go through with it some day.

DavidAlanStern

Potential Patron
I think in their older matches, the wrestlers took it more seriously. The recent matches are a bit more jokers. Also, their ring is way too small, not the standard size, so talented wrestlers couldn't do a lot in there.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
I also take issue with their camera angles at times. They place it around middle rope level, and because of this, the view point taken on some of the holds is....... a little bit ordinary.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
I have a few questions about a couple of SLAMpegs and matches from Amber O'Neal Net (I'm asking about Amber's matches here since her site seems to be affiliated with SLAMminladies). I've been thinking about buying them, but to make the final decision I need to know who wins them.

Here are those matches:

Amber O'Neal Net:

Download 88- Rick VS Davina
Download 69- Mary McKnight vs. the Campus Legend

SLAMpegs:

SLAMpeg 764: Kellie Skater vs. Joey Knight
SLAMpeg 687: Kellie Skater vs. Shawn Osborne

Thanks in advance for the info!

James

Vivacious Visitor
Divina wins the match, but she gets dominated throughout it and takes a nice piledriver along with some backbreakers. It's a multiple fall match and she drops one to the guy. I think that part is being sold on her clips4sale site separately.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
From reading the descriptions, it sounds like the Joey Knight match ends in a double knockout and that Kellie wins the Spears match. Proceed with caution.

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks, James, that's one match I won't be buying. I hate such outcomes.

TheCrimsonRisk, yeah, I should have read the description of the match with Joey more carefully. As for the other match - I meant this one with Shawn Osbourne, not Shawn Spears.

mattmolloy

Potential Patron
First of all, am I ever glad I found this forum. I love the fact people can talk about what they like and don't like, without making fun or being degrading. I am the opposite of a few of you guys. I ordered the Portia Perez match with Chris Grey because I read on this forum she convulsed from the punishment. I'm a HUGE fan of one-sided matches, and I actually enjoy the over-the-top reactions like twitching and tongue protrusion. HOWEVER, I absolutely HATE it when the wrestlers laugh during matches. I ordered a Christi Ricci video a while back (a long time ago) and the two guys filming talked, and...well...farted the whole match through. Nobody who pays money wants to hear that. Where's the professionalism? So, if anybody has seen other matches from Slamminlades that includes convulsions and whatnot, PM me. I would love to hear about it. All the best guys!! I hope this thread keeps going!!

P

Polayalimon

Whew. It has been a long time since I have been searching for something like this forum. Before placing my request, please excuse me for my bad English. I am really interested in Madison Eagles and her work. I came upon a match of hers in Slampegs. It is : Madison Eagles vs Shawn Spears. I am interested in purchasing it, but I would really appreciate it, if I were to know who won the contest. From reading the description, I think it is pretty even matched between the two. So, is there someone who could help me?

Ginazi

Ryonani Teamster
Does anyone know the outcome of SLAMpeg 531: Hannah & Holly Blossom vs. Shawn Murphy? Who wins: Shawn or the girls?

Face-Kick

Potential Patron
Does anyone know the outcome of SLAMpeg 531: Hannah & Holly Blossom vs. Shawn Murphy? Who wins: Shawn or the girls?
Don't know if you've already got this info Ginazi, or if you simply decided to buy the vid anyway, but just in case, I can tell you (cos I've just found it on an old DVD) that the Blossoms win this one.

musdy

Potential Patron
I'm surprised Del Rey would do videos like these. She's always been someone who wanted women to be taken seriously in the business.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I'm surprised Del Rey would do videos like these. She's always been someone who wanted women to be taken seriously in the business.

I think when you're a woman trying to make it in the wrestling business, you've got to find ways to make extra cash. While it's not the most glamorous work, custom videos pay well and are probably pretty fun to do considering that most of these women are friends. That said, from what I've seen of her SLAMpegs performances, she's always smirking and laughing so she does seem to be a little embarrassed about having to do them.

Face-Kick

Potential Patron
I don't think anyone takes a wrestler less seriously for doing custom stuff. In recent years, the wrestlers that haven't worked for Slammin' Ladies have been few and far between. Off the top of me head, the only 'big' names that I can think of that haven't been on the site are Melissa, Daizee Haze and Nicole Matthews. But the likes of Mercedes Martinez, MsChif, Kong, Jazz, Athena, Jessie McKay and many, many more big names have all featured.

And wrestlers such as Lacey, Rain, Amber O'Neal and others have worked for a fair few other companies too, including Ring Divas, SKW and femmixwrestling for example.

James

Vivacious Visitor
I was pointed to an interview with wrestler Daffney with a website called Diva Dirt that was pretty interesting. If you're a fan of of hers, you should listen to it. She gets a bit emotional at times during it. At one point she mentions Slammin Ladies and how it's almost a rite of passage at this time as it features a lot of the newer up and coming talent as well as some of the bigger names. On a side note, it's a shame she won't be able to wrestle anymore. TBH, she was never my favorite, but she added a lot of personality and much needed diversity to the often bland women's division.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Also, to remain on topic, I guess, I recently bought a new SLAMpegs video that featured Bad Seed and Rain vs Lacey in a handicap match. I haven't been buying these as much lately due to funds and the fact that they don't seem as good as they used to be. Regardless of that, this one was worth buying if you're a fan of Lacey. Bad Seed isn't my favorite male on the site due to his tendency to overact at times, but he's not too bad here. Lacey is worked over for the most part aside from a surprise implant DDT to Rain. It ends with a spike piledriver on Lacey and, after Rain starts to annoy Murphy too much, a piledriver on her as well. It's not the best on the site, but if you want to check something new out, go for it.

vlcsnap2012072316h22m41.png

vlcsnap2012072316h22m08.png

vlcsnap2012072316h21m13.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.