Brainstorm: Gameplay with holds, bondage escape, etc (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter bernie1066
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

bernie1066

Usually there's not much to do as the player except frantically mash buttons to get out of holds, pins, etc. But these scenes are some of the best, ryona-wise, so I wonder if there's a way to do something more with that. imagine a game where the player is mostly tied up, or in holds, so has limited ability to defend and almost no ability to attack. is there a kind of gameplay that could still work?

Thinker

Potential Patron
Thats a tricky one really ...

Only idea I have is you have one or two bars 'pain' and 'stamina' ... trying to break free will slowly increase the pain bar, if it goes to high you pass out/die so you can't constantly struggle and need to rest. Stamina would be how much energy you can put into struggling at any one go ... so its sort of resource managment style mechanic, you need to keep your pain meter in check while making the best use of your stamina. Maybe a third meter for bondage/hold strength.

Controls
A/D = Struggle, lite escape attempt, can loosen bondage/hold for a strain attempt.
W = Strain, heavy but painful escape attempt.
S = Tense, receive less pain from 'attacks' but don't recover stamina as fast.
Space = Recover, suck in breath to refill stamina meter, but extra vulnerable to attacks.
X = Adrenaline, maybe a sort of 'nitro' ability, get 3 uses and allows you to take immense amount of pain, after it wears off stamina bar drops greatly, also have to be careful for when it wears off as you might go above your pain threshold.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bernie1066

Nice, that could really work. I've also been thinking about starting with a kind of dodge/block idea, where you'd try to guess where the next attack is coming from, and be able to move just enough to either avoid or lessen the impact; but if you guess wrong, damage could be greater. or some kind of movable psychic shield thing.

TricoNitroz

Potential Patron
I'll try to connect your idea with mine.

So basically it's a free roam game. You're living in a city where criminals rule and weak ones crushed hard. Thugs spread everywhere, they go to school to rape schoolgirls, etc. You'll play as a 15-year old school girl, you don't know anything about martial arts, but you're not that easy tocapture. You can struggle to even the most stressing conditions, but sadly you have a very low stamina. Thugs will try to capture you, they come in packs, some bring weapons, and does a lot of holds.

How about that as a setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.