Body alpha slider (1 Viewer)

HeyThere

Potential Patron
I would like to make her entire body semi transparent making a sort of half-assed x-ray mode. I think at some point the penis becomes transparent so that would need to be removed to get the effect I want, that is, seeing the penis through her semi transparent body.

There used to be a mod that had various transparency effects but it no longer works in the current loader. I'm having a hard time finding it or I would provide a link but it might be used as a starting point.

The old mod does work kinda works after I added a mods.txt file to it. That mod is here: http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=1792.0 . That mod has a bug in it that causes it to glitch if the girl is brought above the penis.

So, after the 5th edit, if anyone can get this working right I'd appreciate it.

Hutsairb

Potential Patron
I'm going to direct you to Dante's X-ray mod. It isn't finished, so it has a few issues, but it's more like the x-ray you get in hentai. http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2898.0 It's under loader mods.

HeyThere

Potential Patron
Thanks for the reply. I've seen that mod and it works well but it applies only to vanilla sdt and I want something that will work on all the new positions animtool allows. Although if someone wants to try to make that mod more dynamic that would be very cool. I figured that would be a lot of work though and transparency would be nice for now.

ModGuy

Content Creator
Bottom line:
To achieve the effect you're looking for we need to render the object as a whole instead of adjusting the transparency of individual components.
This can be achieved by adjusting the blend mode or drawing to a bitmap and adjusting that.
Using either requires all objects to become flattened in to one, causing graphical and technical errors.
As such this request cannot be properly fulfilled due to how the body is not one single object but a combination of many across layers.
This is why the mod you were using was so bugged, ignoring the potential for broken object references of course.

Now, it's still possible but it won't look as though her body is one continuous transparent shape but there will be differences in appearance where there are different objects.

Faceless

Content Creator
Well, in principle it should be possible to use masking tricks to hide overlapping, which would also create the illusion that the body is a single object, but that sounds tedious and I can't be bothered to do it.

HeyThere

Potential Patron
So it would look weird because the joints of the body have intersecting objects that would not blend uniformly because of the overlap. I think I get it.

Thanks for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.