Bigger hairs, for a cuter look (1 Viewer)

jbee

Potential Patron
I enjoy the look of a petite woman. If you make the hair larger, this gives a great petite look to her body. I've been hoping some of the prolific hair artists will take note of this effect, but in the meantime here are some that I've tweaked.

I'm afraid I don't know the original artist names for these, but if they are yours please feel free to take credit. I've mostly only resized the outer part of the hair, top left, so the ear and hairline should be very similar to the originals.

Let me know if I should do more of these, and which ones. I mostly stick with the easy ones and am pretty busy so no guarantees.

Mio Sakamoto, big version:
[attachthumb=1]

Quorra, big version:
[attachthumb=2]

Quorra, long-haired big version:
[attachthumb=8]

Marguerite, big version:
[attachthumb=3]

Ariel, big version:
[attachthumb=4]

Big black hair based on Hannah Minx, wow. She had ears that got mostly covered up when I resized part of the hair, but I don't care so much about the ears. If this ruins the character for you, tell me:
[attachthumb=5]

Pocahontas, big version:
[attachthumb=6]

Yomi glasses, big version:
[attachthumb=7]

Tifa Lockhard, big version:
[attachthumb=9]

Chie, big version:
[attachthumb=10]

Saori, big version:
[attachthumb=11]

Attachments

• 688-mio-sakamoto-big.png
    688-mio-sakamoto-big.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 4,261
  • Saori3-big.png
    Saori3-big.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 2,277
  • Chie2-big.png
    Chie2-big.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 2,611
  • 80-tifa-lockhart-big.png
    80-tifa-lockhart-big.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 4,451
  • 925-quorra-long.png
    925-quorra-long.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,480
  • yomi-glasses-big.png
    yomi-glasses-big.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,957
  • pocahontas-bigger.png
    pocahontas-bigger.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 2,271
  • black-big.png
    black-big.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,812
  • Ariel01-big.png
    Ariel01-big.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 3,469
  • 653-marguerite-big.png
    653-marguerite-big.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 2,571
  • 925-quorra-big.png
    925-quorra-big.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 2,861

Chance

Content Creator
It looks like you spent some time to paint around the haircut in order to make it bigger, why don't you just stretch it ?

jbee

Potential Patron
Usually I'm painting not around the haircut, but instead in the middle of the haircut after cutting and sliding part of it up and left. Much easier for my crude Gimp skills.

Stretching is a good idea, but I've found stretching the whole thing tends to ruin the existing line where the hair meets the face, which is one of he parts that's easiest to notice if it gets messed up. Leaving that line in place makes things much faster and easier. I sometimes do stretch the rest of it. I'm experimenting with different ways of doing it. Also some ways work better or worse depending on what needs to be done to fill in the gaps or make the shape work.

Chance

Content Creator
Just put a SDT template under your layer, to see what you're doing.
[attachthumb=2]

The only work you need to do after stretching individually each part (maincut, pony tail, left cat ear) is to fill the gap near the ear.
[attachthumb=1]

Attachments

• sakabig.png
    sakabig.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 813
  • SnapShot.jpg
    SnapShot.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 1,234

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
No he's right, I was confused because I remember her name having an X in it and the first name that came to mind was Boxxy, It's Hannah Minx.

jbee

Potential Patron
Thanks @Chance for the technique idea. I do use the template sometimes and have tried the straight resize, but aligning everything and fixing the forehead / ear overhang made it seem like more work. Still I'll give that way another try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.