AppLocale & NTLEA (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Why do I need either of these?

AppLocale and NTLEA may or may not work with certain programs. One may work where the other does not so it doesn't hurt to have both. The foolproof method seems to be changing your non-unicode language to Japanese, but it's a bit of a hassle which these programs can help with.

AppLocale

This program is only made to run on Windows XP and 2003.

Basically what this program does is give applications the ability to run in a different language environment than the one you're running (probably english). A lot of H-Games need this to run on an english installation of Windows XP.

To use this you need to have the east asian language files installed.

You can check whether or not you do by going to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> bottom check box.

Download the installer here.
Code:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/6/8/568a8caf-29c4-43ec-a10f-97730f26977e/apploc.msi
Optionally, use this .reg file attached here to add the option to run AppLocale through a shell extension. There's one .reg file to add it to the context menu and one to remove it. It saves a lot of time.

NTLEA v0.87b

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzduyyzzwjx
Thanks to _matt for telling me about this program, it works quite well. There's no installer and doesn't seem to effect your WIndows files at all so it should work with Vista as well. I've only tested it on XP so far. If anyone knows the homepage of this program please let me know so I can update this post with the info. The link to the programs homepage in the actual program doesn't seem to work.

From what I gather, some Japanese games don't run even with AppLocale and the only way to get them to run is to change the non-Unicode language to Japanese, which can be a bit of a hassle sometimes because it affects multiple parts of your system and requires a reboot everytime to change it. NTLEA seems to be able to do the exact same without rebooting or changing this setting off of english.

42659816543127923902.jpg

These are the settings I have, this dialog opens up when you open ntlea.exe

The "add to shortcut menu" checkbox adds NTLEA as a shell extension when you right click executable files as seen in the right of the screenshot.

Attachments

AppLocaleContext.zip
516 bytes · Views: 2,077

_matt

Potential Patron
do you have ntlea?or something...not sure what's the program name..but its something like applocate...i got one in my desktop but its in some few hundred km away...you know the program?

B

bro_goh

so i downloaded ntlea, and have set my settings like the example, but i still have no idea how to use it. can anyone help?

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Just right click on a game you want to run and click Execute by NTLEA.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Something weird happened to me while using AppLocale. I ran 7-Zip using AppLocale and it opened a zipped file with Japanese files in it just fine. I opened a txt file to be sure and the Japanese were displayed properly. Then I unzipped that file, opened it and realised that the Japanese in it were now turned into gibberish! How can the program read Japanese properly but fail to write it? :-/

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
NTLEA doesn't seem to work in windows 7. I just get an error message full of gibberish when I try to run it.

K

keeblerelf

Molebox?

Pardon me, but is anyone else getting a MoleBox virus from any of these links?

Both 0.86b and 1.1 have giving my AV (Avira) that warning. I hopped around and saw 0.87b on another H-forum that didn't trip any sensors.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Yuck. I remember getting it off the Vanguard Princess website so I assumed it was safe, but it does seem to be trpiping too many scanners to be considered a false positive. Thanks for bringing this up and I'll remove the link. I'd been using it too. Better go scan my computer.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
The link in the first post now is the one keeblerelf posted, which showed with 0 warnings previously. Just tested it now and it shows up with 5 warnings? I'm going to assume it's just a false positive at this point. If you're weary of it, I would suggest using RyonaniXP or AppLocale.

maxmandude

Potential Patron
I seem to have issues with NTLEA, I can only click the first two bubble marks (default locale and user defined locale) and the slider, nothing else is clickable or can be tabbed onto.

T

Trombono

Just a heads up, not sure if my Norton is being a fascist when it comes to programs it doesn't like, but when extracting the files from the zip file from the link to 0.87B it reacts to the .exe and removes it.

EDIT: That and I'm getting the same problem as Unrelated - when trying to run it in W7 a box with gibberish appears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I let avast Antivirus checked my NTLEA and did said it was clean; properly a false alarm on your part.

S

silverly

Why do I need either of these?

AppLocale and NTLEA may or may not work with certain programs. One may work where the other does not so it doesn't hurt to have both. The foolproof method seems to be changing your non-unicode language to Japanese, but it's a bit of a hassle which these programs can help with.

AppLocale

This program is only made to run on Windows XP and 2003.

Basically what this program does is give applications the ability to run in a different language environment than the one you're running (probably english). A lot of H-Games need this to run on an english installation of Windows XP.

To use this you need to have the east asian language files installed.

You can check whether or not you do by going to Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages tab -> bottom check box.

Download the installer here.
Code:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/6/8/568a8caf-29c4-43ec-a10f-97730f26977e/apploc.msi
Optionally, use this .reg file attached here to add the option to run AppLocale through a shell extension. There's one .reg file to add it to the context menu and one to remove it. It saves a lot of time.

NTLEA v0.87b

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzduyyzzwjx
Thanks to _matt for telling me about this program, it works quite well. There's no installer and doesn't seem to effect your WIndows files at all so it should work with Vista as well. I've only tested it on XP so far. If anyone knows the homepage of this program please let me know so I can update this post with the info. The link to the programs homepage in the actual program doesn't seem to work.

From what I gather, some Japanese games don't run even with AppLocale and the only way to get them to run is to change the non-Unicode language to Japanese, which can be a bit of a hassle sometimes because it affects multiple parts of your system and requires a reboot everytime to change it. NTLEA seems to be able to do the exact same without rebooting or changing this setting off of english.

42659816543127923902.jpg

These are the settings I have, this dialog opens up when you open ntlea.exe

The "add to shortcut menu" checkbox adds NTLEA as a shell extension when you right click executable files as seen in the right of the screenshot.

I have gone to control panel language and check bottom box and it says to click apply but when i click it says that i need to insert an xp cdrom to continue ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.