AppLocale & NTLEA (1 Viewer)

hombywos

Potential Patron
To install AppLocale on Windows 8 you need to enable compatibility mode for "previous version on windows".
Once you have download apploc.msi (download it from microsoft.com), right click on it, enable compatibility mode, install it (user must be in administrator group) and it work like a charm!
I've tested on two pc running Windows 8, I can be able to play most japanese game from dlsite, but sometime there are trouble with full screen mode.

I've also installed RPG Tkool VX RTP suggested by dlsite (RPGツクールVX RTPダウンロード), and I can play some demo made with this framework.

I've tried on Windows 10, but it doesnt work.

underfeet

Potential Patron
To install AppLocale on Windows 8 you need to enable compatibility mode for "previous version on windows" [...]

I've tested on two pc running Windows 8, I can be able to play most japanese game from dlsite, but sometime there are trouble with full screen mode [...]

There's a way more simple than others on win7 / 8 for your H-games (DLsite or something )

Setting Windows to Japanese Locale - Fuwanovel - Supporting Visual Novels in the West

non unicode settings on Windows 10 is the exact same thing you did on windows 7 or 8.
I think this is the only way for win 10, NTLEA or this Locale-Emulator have some issues so far.

Last edited:

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
As I see someone mentioning Win 10. On my desktop I have Win 7 and need applocal to use Japanese apps.

But on Windows 10 I do not need it. Simply enabling Japanese local was enough. Meaning the system still runs in English but I notice it automatically loads Japanese fonts and local settings when you open an app that requires it. I did not even enable anything special just went in and ensured Japanese was installed and enabled.

Neonie

Ryonani Teamster
Anyway, on another note. I am having issues with a few game types on Windows 7. I used to use the RyoananiXP but I started running out of disc space so I had to switch to using the Japanese RPG games on my normal drive and removed the emulator. Additionally some apps simply did not run well due to the nature of it being an emulator environment.

Fortunately I am able to run almost everything using just applocale and it works very well. With exception of two game types that simply refuse to co-operate. Any tips?

1) RPG XP: the text is just all blank. Even after applying a translation patch. I just don't get it? All RTP is installed and I specifically reinstalled the XP RTP to be sure it was not the cause;
It's strange as while it loads it shows in Japanese but then turns to ???

RPG XP loading.JPG
RPG XP loaded.JPG

2) Wolf games: the font shows but it comes as gibberish and it always has been like this for me in Win 7 while using applocale but in past I simply would put it to the emulator
Wolf games.JPG

creatorsins030

Potential Patron
Anyway, on another note. I am having issues with a few game types on Windows 7. I used to use the RyoananiXP but I started running out of disc space so I had to switch to using the Japanese RPG games on my normal drive and removed the emulator. Additionally some apps simply did not run well due to the nature of it being an emulator environment.

Fortunately I am able to run almost everything using just applocale and it works very well. With exception of two game types that simply refuse to co-operate. Any tips?

1) RPG XP: the text is just all blank. Even after applying a translation patch. I just don't get it? All RTP is installed and I specifically reinstalled the XP RTP to be sure it was not the cause;

View attachment 64220 View attachment 64221

2) Wolf games: the font shows but it comes as gibberish and it always has been like this for me in Win 7 while using applocale but in past I simply would put it to the emulator
View attachment 64222
have you tried Locale Emulator? I made a post about it, and so far it's worked on about every Japanese game i've tried it on.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular

View attachment 64220 View attachment 64221

View attachment 64222
Is this Sayla rotation cut RPGmaker game?

I remember I need install Japanese RTP for this game. Not sure why but maybe somethign hard code into game. Also I remember early version of extractor has limit on files numbers and game with too many file end up having missing ones when extract. Later the extract tool able to get ALL all files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.