Advanced Modder Help - Skin Shading w/ Vanilla Support (1 Viewer)

BrokenToaster

Content Creator
Capture.PNG

Is there a way to have drawn in skin color to be adjustable by the in game Skin Tone selector and Tan slider bar??? If so, can it be done with Vanilla support or will I need the Loader?

I'm working on some new high heels that expose part of the foot. I haven't released any of these because I have to manually shade the drawn in foot sections and don't wont to release a bunch of mods labeled "xxx - Light Skin","xxx - Tan skin", etc.The above images shows my preferred tan skin tone (drawn in the mod) against the in games' non-tanned skin tone.

TESTT.png

Untitled.png

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i don't really make asset mods myself, but i am pretty sure that you will need it to be a loader mod if you specifically want to include changing skin tones.
first thing that comes to mind though, if you are just looking for shading, why not just add some partially transparent shading over those gaps?
perhaps you already tried it and it looks weird?

i was just working with @cosmo777 who was adding skin tone adjustment to his mods, and i had modified the code he was using to work better with moreclothing:

Code:
var g;
var mymovieswithskins:Array = new Array(legs.leftCalf, legs.rightCalf);

function myskinpost()
{
   for(var i = 0; i < mymovieswithskins.length; i++)
   {
           var bodyMod = mymovieswithskins[i];
           bodyMod.gotoAndStop(g.characterControl.currentSkinType);
           if (bodyMod.getChildByName("tan") as MovieClip)
           {
               (bodyMod.getChildByName("tan") as MovieClip).gotoAndStop(g.her._tan._tanNameList[g.her._tan._currentTanID]);
               (bodyMod.getChildByName("tan") as MovieClip).alpha = (g.her.torso.back as MovieClip).getChildByName("tan").alpha;
               (bodyMod.getChildByName("tan") as MovieClip).blendMode = flash.display.BlendMode.OVERLAY;
           }
   }

return;
}

function initl(l)
{
   g = l.g;
   var lProxy:Class = l.getLoaderClass("Modules.lProxy");
   var setskinprox = (lProxy as Class).createProxy(l.g.characterControl, "setSkin");
   setskinprox.addPost(myskinpost, true);
   myskinpost();
   l.unloadMod();
   return;
}

registerMod(legs);

(for your mod, you would probably have a leg body mod as well, but the feet have added shading)

his mod has these 4 frames to be able to cover the various skin tones:
upload_2018-4-1_12-23-40.png

(i never looked into how the tan works)

he was working with @stuntcock originally to get some of this working, perhaps either of them can fill in any gaps from my explanation.

BrokenToaster

Content Creator
Sby,

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the way I crafted the mod, shading/transparent layers alone won't solve the problem. I actually needed to create a fill layer for the foot to cover the gaps (see below). I wish I knew more about coding these games, but...I'm a simpleton that can really only doodle (that's one of the reasons why I stick to Vanilla mods). Truthfully, my end goal was to hopefully get a copy/paste type solution but it sounds like it may be a stretch. Perhaps I'll just post the mod up as with a heavy asterisk noting it'll only work with a specific skin tone and tan selection. I hate releasing half baked mods like that though...

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Thank you,

sby

Content Creator
Coder
BrokenToaster BrokenToaster
if you send me the fla and you got some skin frames in there created, i might be able to get something working. most of it is copy paste, i just don't know what instance names you used
(and also, it will be a loader mod)

BrokenToaster

Content Creator
sby sby ,
Attached is a zip file with the FLA's for the heels as well as other mods per our PM. The skin tones are in layers in lieu of frames. If that won't work, let me know what you'll need and I'll make the adjustments as necessary.

Let me know what you can work up and hopefully we can get a decent product out for the community.

Attachments

Toaster FLAs.zip
8.5 MB · Views: 83

sby

Content Creator
Coder
i couldn't find the other skin types in there. however, the copy of those high stockings did work well, easily converted to legwears

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.