Zone 4 (1 Viewer)

lamarca

Vivacious Visitor
Zone 4 (PC)

Released: 2009 (Korea), 2010 (Global)
Genre: Beat em up MMO

Character creation:
- The player can create 3 body type of males and 3 body type of females.
- Lots of different clothes.

Gameplay:
This game has PVE mode (Arcades) and 2 different pvp modes, Warzone (pvp between 30 players) and the basic pvp room 4x4 or free for all.
Good: The warzone battles are unique.
Bad: Real money means much more than player skill, special attack is cheap and receiving it everytime is frustating, spam attacks.

Ryona:
- Lots of grab animations and exclusive reactions.
- Most normal mobs have moves that are exactly the same as the class the player plays as and bosses too. Some mobs have unique grabs.
- Lots of unique reaction for the basic hit attacks, ex:. You can kick female opponent in the groin and she'll fall in agony with her hands covering it.
- While standing, you can grab a girl and: punch her in the groin, head, slap her face, break her arms, her legs, kancho her ass, bite her ear, eye raking, etc.
- If she's on the ground: you can crush her groin, break her neck, her arms, etc. (Depends on what class the player is playing as.)
- Playable character does not have damage/death voice.

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1pcu6NHpgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN7KHv5EGMY (Ryona preview of the many grabs.)

onlinehero

Casual Client
If possible, could you write in more detail about how enemies can grab player character and if bosses have special grabs?

lamarca

Vivacious Visitor
If possible, could you write in more detail about how enemies can grab player character and if bosses have special grabs?

I'm sorry I don't have it anymore, but there are soooo many grabs, when I was playing, I was looking more into the lowblows (I'm comunitwin from CBA), the normal, and bosses NPCs from Arcade have their own grab moves. Each class has a bunch of ground grabs and stand grabs, It is almost like the Smackdown vs Raw series.

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Here ya go:
First bit is me doing some grabs on npc, the rest is all enemy grabs.

Boss Bear hug and me getting disconnected. Couldn't merge it to the original video for some reason.

I quit the game shortly after so I don't have to worry about hiding the interface/name. My biggest complaint is that there's no damage voice, probably the main reason I stopped playing :2 z Z:.

But I do love the stomping grab :meaw:

Last edited by a moderator:

onlinehero

Casual Client
Woah! All beat em ups should have this many grab moves! Really like the one where the group of zako girls throw her in ground and start kicking her.
BTW why do you always make the vids private? :P

HaquaFan

Casual Client
Woah! All beat em ups should have this many grab moves! Really like the one where the group of zako girls throw her in ground and start kicking her.
BTW why do you always make the vids private? :P

This one I'm making it public for sure later.
Usually I turn them public when I update my thread, but I'm too lazy to update it lol.

Edit: oh and another complaint would be that to turn off the interface, I have to HOLD the darn button down. Just make it toggle like all the other games. :ignoring:

Last edited by a moderator:

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Anyone still playing this? I finally checked it out and it is fun, though a little annoying for new f2pers... Already gotta reroll since I grabbed the wrong skills from the class change boxes, not realizing the skills were on a tree with prereqs.

Also, its hard to level up when you want to just keep running into the second hunting area and get beat up by all the girls in red... :slow: Too bad the first two hunting areas don't have the schoolgirl from the Park arcade level.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Yah I'm just getting into it. I did something silly and forked out a few $ to buy the Sumo skill for one of my two characters since there's one or two bearhugs in the moveset. It's a bit of a pain leveling up and getting new skills but I'm actually having a lot of fun on the game. The beef I have is that the community is made up of mostly ****holes. I do PvP on this game, and some people are just so petty and annoying. A lot of people spam the same move, and then complain when someone spams them. The general attitude of most people is just childish too, leaving me to believe the game is mostly populated by 12 year olds.

I still enjoy PvP though, just mostly because I'm not that bad at it and I'm getting better. I'm always in the top 3 and get MvP a lot of the time even when I'm not getting knockouts. Whilst the balance isn't great for certain styles, I just have fun with team games or battle royals were skill becomes little factor and luck plays a major part. I want to do the arcade mode more since I prefer that style of play, but unfortunatley the party system (at least in europe anyway) is pretty bad, with most parties forming for a zombie mode or just for higher levels. It's a very unforgiving game for new guys.

Ryona wise I love this game. Plenty of throws that are really well done. I have a sturdy chick character who has Sumo style, and as you can imagine, I try and get her to bearhug as many female characters as I am able to, still trying to find some clothing items if I can for her through the various modes. Sumo is a truly crushing style with slams and chops and all sorts. My other character is another girl in combats I managed to gain who has a pro wrestling style. Some really cool powerbombs as well as some good ground throws such as bow and arrow locks and sleepers to name a few. She has an abdominal stretch move which is deadly. It's a fun game all around, fun enough for me to look past its community.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, it's definitely one of the worst communities I've ever experienced, which is also why I'd rather get some like-minded people to advance with, that way when we hit quests that require us to PvP X times, we can just derp about and apply moves we want to see rather than deal with that group. Of course, having some friends to go into the hunting areas and such would make leveling up better, too. And Arcades would be more interesting doing them with an actual group rather than putting up the lfm and always/only getting lv30+s...

So yeah, I think the US company has no clue what they're doing (which is often the case with these ports anyway), but I do love actually playing the game. I've got a Pro-wrestling Nicky, though I spent all my starting skills going up the ground holds tree, trying to get to the more fun ones at the end of that... Other character is a Muay Thai Sera, which doesn't really have any interesting ryona moves-- I just wanted to try a more strike-based character and remembered the movie Chocolate. :p

Are there different servers for Europe vs US? What time do you usually play the game?

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I think there are different servers, though I'm not certain. When I load up the launcher it says Europe so I'm just assuming when I log into Zone4 it throws me into a Europe server. That an there is a big mix of different languages on the game. I think I can get into the US ones but I don't know what that will do to the connection and what not. I'll throw you a PM when abouts I'm on the game now :P

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I don't know of one... but if you've got a character to level 10 and can take the class change challenge, the guy will have the moveset of what you're trying to enter. Just dodge a lot so he'll grab you more, and try to set up different scenarios like facing away, lying up/down away/toward him, etc. If you lose or exit out you can then try again in a different class. Obviously you'd have to get both a Rush and a Street character there to see all of them that way, but getting to level 10 doesn't take long.

ramallo

Potential Patron
i play this game , i have lv 36 nicky.
There's a lot of ryona possibility.
2vs1 is possible , 3vs1 and 4vs1 too. Tag grab attacks , ground smashing , and a pretty high playerbase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.