Wrestling and ryona (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
I'd put these two things in the same boat. I like watching the women on WWE for the same reasons I like ryona. It's not real (choreographed in the case of wrestling), the women are pretty hot and physically fit, and you get to see them in pain in pretty clothes. I think my favorite on WWE is Michelle McCool, just for looking at anyway. I don't pay close attention to all the little fake drama they put in the show so I have no idea what's really going on there with them being in character and what not.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
I prefer the really fake wrestling (like Sleeperkid's World) over WWE. The best part of female wrestling is the sleeper holds, especially when there's a knockout.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
=Leonyx link=topic=72.msg293#msg293 date=1261393926 said:
I prefer the really fake wrestling (like Sleeperkid's World) over WWE. The best part of female wrestling is the sleeper holds, especially when there's a knockout.

QFT. I personally cannot stand anything the WWE does anymore, and have been sick of their female matches for ages now. However, SKW surprisingly fits the bill for me when it comes to "fake" wrestling, mostly because of how it's fake to the point that it's very enjoyable. All the over-exaggerated selling, silly plots and "KOs" there really make it worth my while. Also helps that SK puts up quite a lot of free content on his site compared to other webmasters that do the same thing.

Also going to mention the BATTLE female wrestling videos from Japan, for mostly the same reasons I like SKW plus the fact that the Japanese girls in these videos are REALLY vocal with the moans and groans whenever they're hit or in a hold or whatnot. There's just something about seeing them overselling being exhausted almost the entire match that really gets to me, even if they've only been in one hold. It covers two things really well; comedy and ryona.

B

bro_goh

the wwe has just become so family oriented the past few years that i just lost interest.

but other that that, yeah the japanese battle site has some really good stuff.

noice1

Potential Patron
the wwe has just become so family oriented the past few years that i just lost interest.

While I haven't really been watching lately, this has been going on for a while, I agree. Really, without competition, it's a very weak product. Independent promotions are where you need to go now, and there are some female ones out there.

stoopid1

Potential Patron
Wish I could find more girl on girl wrestling videos that meet my criteria. (Apparently, what I like to see is virtually non-existent, even though there's nothing strange about it) I'll end up using fighting-game lingo as I try to describe it, but anyway... What I'd like to see more of when it comes to fictional female fighting is...

1. In a wrestling ring, at the very least. Rolling around like idiots in someone's living room is not cool. Must still be a private production. Cable TV franchises like WWE, obviously can't have girls fighting in a sexually stimulating way.

2. Hot outfit, especially on the one who's losing. (Skirts or leotard / bikini-type things never hurts) Most of the girls on TV, like WWE, wear full body suits, even though they're supposed to be attractive as compensation for their lack of talent. There's just something about a girl who appears to be cute and weak taking a fictional beating. Bonus points for pigtails and / or the anime schoolgirl look. (Not that I've ever seen such a thing in wrestling, sadly)

3. One-sided victory. The loser should take most, if not all damage inflicted. I don't like back and forth, even match-ups. To me, a reversal is like a combo breaker, interrupting my fun. A pinfall attempt after every move is also lame.

4. Minimal submission. (This is a big one) Holds dominate the fantasy fighting industry, because you don't really need training or skill to use them, and apparently, people like them. So it's hard for someone like me to find good entertainment. (I've never even found a downloadable video game containing good looking girls + pro wrestling physics. Toffisama's "Princess of the Ring" came close to being good) This type of damage is boring. It should be all about "combos" and "hit stun." (smash bros reference, lol) Basically, I think throws and strikes are hot. To dominate by causing pain that has a noticeable impact, not by simply putting your legs around someone's neck for 5 minutes straight. (And not lame-ass, absurdly fake belly punching either. I'm talking about leg drops and stuff) Heck, I don't even like it when they make way too much noise. There's a fine line between sexy and irritating.

Is it so much to ask for decent productions in which girls are thrown to the mat, picked up, and thrown again? Even basic things like scoop slam and vertical suplex are good knock-down moves in the world of fiction. I also like the idea that a girl who gets thrown down should lay flat on the mat, almost as if they were out cold. (my idea of "hit stun") The way they lay down in "Dead or Alive 3" is a great example, until "Dead or Alive 4" screwed it up with that "Laying halfway upright, shaking their heads" effect. Sure, it's realistic for people to recompose themselves that way, but good ryona-style fighting is supposed to sacrifice realism and practicality for the entertainment of people who enjoy fictional violence. A real person who gets dropped on the ground wouldn't just lay down flat, breathing heavily, for a long time and wait to be hit again from the top rope, but dammit... it's sexy when a girl acts as though damage = temporary paralysis.

Sorry for the long read. I'm not exactly requesting anything, just voicing my "unusual" opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

gejedeh

Potential Patron
Too bad WWE already played down their mixed gender match. it is a good source of ryona back in the days.

noice1

Potential Patron
Somewhat, but the mixed-matches in WWE were usually pretty poor on the whole. Many of the divas, at least back when I watched, were terrible. Torrie and Stacy couldn't do anything, and even Trish wasn't perfect. They are great to look at, not much to speak of as far as mat skills.

K

keeblerelf

Not exactly a new thing.
In Canada, wrestling is tradition;
In Japan, it's a sport.
In Mexico, it is religion;
In America, it's a joke.
It's just run as a monopoly... and writers are idiots... and... OK, the few JAPW, RoH and DGUSA matches and storylines I've seen were no joke. ECW sans the last few years, no joke. Every thing has its low points. Stampede Wrestling in the late-70s/early-80s, CMLL the past few years (though I hear it's getting a lot better)...

Then again, right now in the United States, profit takes precedence even in a monopoly. Cluster-*** is commonplace as writers go through the revolving doors and doctors can prop-up impact players in the limelight long after their expiration date...

Bleah, I'm getting so tired I can't remember what I was disillusioned with more...

noice1

Potential Patron
I think one of the main problems in the U.S. is a lack of competition. With nothing but the independent circuit to challenge Vince McMahon, he's left to pretty much do whatever he wants, hence the garbage called WWE today. Sadly it took Ted Turner and his zillions to take on billionaire Vince, so, unless you see a new tycoon, Vince owns the pro league and that means he has a pissing match with himself.

B

bro_goh

i really like stoopid1's thinking. although (to me) is is even better in a mixed match.

Pervertx

Potential Patron
i love ringdivas, they don't even try to pretend its "professional" and they have babes like raquel colon getting knocked around in a thong bikini.... yum!

Continue?

Ryonani Teamster
Writer
Author
I love the WWE Divas, especially Michelle McCool! She has one of the sexiest midriffs in the wrestling industry and I love seeing her beat up other Divas...it's pretty hot when shes getting defeated too

Deleted member 160

Ryonani Teamster
Wish I could find more girl on girl wrestling videos that meet my criteria. (Apparently, what I like to see is virtually non-existent, even though there's nothing strange about it) I'll end up using fighting-game lingo as I try to describe it, but anyway... What I'd like to see more of when it comes to fictional female fighting is...

1. In a wrestling ring, at the very least. Rolling around like idiots in someone's living room is not cool. Must still be a private production. Cable TV franchises like WWE, obviously can't have girls fighting in a sexually stimulating way.

2. Hot outfit, especially on the one who's losing. (Skirts or leotard / bikini-type things never hurts) Most of the girls on TV, like WWE, wear full body suits, even though they're supposed to be attractive as compensation for their lack of talent. There's just something about a girl who appears to be cute and weak taking a fictional beating. Bonus points for pigtails and / or the anime schoolgirl look. (Not that I've ever seen such a thing in wrestling, sadly)

3. One-sided victory. The loser should take most, if not all damage inflicted. I don't like back and forth, even match-ups. To me, a reversal is like a combo breaker, interrupting my fun. A pinfall attempt after every move is also lame.

4. Minimal submission. (This is a big one) Holds dominate the fantasy fighting industry, because you don't really need training or skill to use them, and apparently, people like them. So it's hard for someone like me to find good entertainment. (I've never even found a downloadable video game containing good looking girls + pro wrestling physics. Toffisama's "Princess of the Ring" came close to being good) This type of damage is boring. It should be all about "combos" and "hit stun." (smash bros reference, lol) Basically, I think throws and strikes are hot. To dominate by causing pain that has a noticeable impact, not by simply putting your legs around someone's neck for 5 minutes straight. (And not lame-ass, absurdly fake belly punching either. I'm talking about leg drops and stuff) Heck, I don't even like it when they make way too much noise. There's a fine line between sexy and irritating.

Is it so much to ask for decent productions in which girls are thrown to the mat, picked up, and thrown again? Even basic things like scoop slam and vertical suplex are good knock-down moves in the world of fiction. I also like the idea that a girl who gets thrown down should lay flat on the mat, almost as if they were out cold. (my idea of "hit stun") The way they lay down in "Dead or Alive 3" is a great example, until "Dead or Alive 4" screwed it up with that "Laying halfway upright, shaking their heads" effect. Sure, it's realistic for people to recompose themselves that way, but good ryona-style fighting is supposed to sacrifice realism and practicality for the entertainment of people who enjoy fictional violence. A real person who gets dropped on the ground wouldn't just lay down flat, breathing heavily, for a long time and wait to be hit again from the top rope, but dammit... it's sexy when a girl acts as though damage = temporary paralysis.

Sorry for the long read. I'm not exactly requesting anything, just voicing my "unusual" opinions.

hmmmm...what about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.