[PC] [Unreal Engine] Slaves of Rome - a New 3rd-Person BDSM Slave Training Game (1 Viewer)

CEX

Casual Client
yea - just make something to test out what kind of problems you guys encounter with an online server (cause there are WAY more than I think you even realize, specially if you've never done online before) - and when you guys feel like you've overcome the most crucial (or hopefully all) bugs - then you simply wipe the servers from the data, give some 'bonus' to people who tried it and put their time in - and then give everyone an equal start with a system that actually works without bugs.
Until you won't do the online thing, you won't have any clue what kind of cheats or problems can even come up..

And no - NOT a season, a beta test. Seasons are completely different, and have nothing to do with development :) they're the step right after (1.1, for example, where you're now just at 0.5)

Ginder

Avid Affiliate
yea - just make something to test out what kind of problems you guys encounter with an online server (cause there are WAY more than I think you even realize, specially if you've never done online before) - and when you guys feel like you've overcome the most crucial (or hopefully all) bugs - then you simply wipe the servers from the data, give some 'bonus' to people who tried it and put their time in - and then give everyone an equal start with a system that actually works without bugs.
Until you won't do the online thing, you won't have any clue what kind of cheats or problems can even come up..

And no - NOT a season, a beta test. Seasons are completely different, and have nothing to do with development :) they're the step right after (1.1, for example, where you're now just at 0.5)

I want this ^ make this happen please <3
It's been a while since I've been around - love the new updates!!! Is there one coming this month as well?

Doomer

3D Artist
Modder
Back to case about "huge" examples (not 2D pictures and "2 coins" stuff) in Steam:

1. Another upcoming one, Subverse - Subverse If you are relatively familiar with the creations of these guys, then you know about the specifics, means Steam skips everything now into.
2. Authors of Agony (horror with some emphasis on erotica) doing sequel.
3. Same thing with Lust for Darkness. Sequal in progress. Steam release.

Well... I guess now you exactly can give it a try. You last build looks +/- okey for "Early Access" there in my opinion.

Last edited:

Slaves Of Rome

Avid Affiliate

Problem is.. we DO realize.. that's why we are taking so long to start working on it :P. But thanks, that's super useful info!!

Slaves Of Rome

Avid Affiliate
Back to case about "huge" examples (not 2D pictures and "2 coins" stuff) in Steam:

1. Another upcoming one, Subverse - Subverse If you are relatively familiar with the creations of these guys, then you know about the specifics, means Steam skips everything now into.
2. Authors of Agony (horror with some emphasis on erotica) doing sequel.
3. Same thing with Lust for Darkness. Sequal in progress. Steam release.

Well... I guess now you exactly can give it a try. You last build looks +/- okey for "Early Access" there in my opinion.

Oh, sorry for not replying earlier! That's awesome to hear you think that about our build!! Which version did you try?

Auri

Potential Patron
Hey SoR,
i think you came up with a very interesting idea for a game and i would like to support you. But as a veteran in steam early access games, i would like to ask you a couple of questions first.

1. schedule / roadmap
Your "1 year to finish the game plan" sounds a bit scary to me. There is so much you could do with this game, but it seems like there i not much planed. So the question is what you will do after v1.0 is released.

2. Slaves and online system
I think it would be really nice if there is a game path where you can start and play as a slave. Do your tasks, behave well, gain your freedom someday and then become a master yourself. That option could fit very well with a multiplayer system, one player is slave and another player is the master. An online trading system would be much more fun if you are able to able to trade "real" people :)
Any thoughts that way?

3. Pricing.
Right now you can donate 250 to keep up to date with the game build or you donate 15 at every update. I think thats a bit unprofitable for players / supporters. And even if the Caeser tier is available again means its still 100 + vat just to keep up to date. So is it possible to add a "Always get the latest build - tier" for like 50 or 60?

Thanks for your time and sorry, english is not my mother tongue
:P

Slaves Of Rome

Avid Affiliate
Hey SoR,
i think you came up with a very interesting idea for a game and i would like to support you. But as a veteran in steam early access games, i would like to ask you a couple of questions first.

1. schedule / roadmap
Your "1 year to finish the game plan" sounds a bit scary to me. There is so much you could do with this game, but it seems like there i not much planed. So the question is what you will do after v1.0 is released.

2. Slaves and online system
I think it would be really nice if there is a game path where you can start and play as a slave. Do your tasks, behave well, gain your freedom someday and then become a master yourself. That option could fit very well with a multiplayer system, one player is slave and another player is the master. An online trading system would be much more fun if you are able to able to trade "real" people :)
Any thoughts that way?

3. Pricing.
Right now you can donate 250 to keep up to date with the game build or you donate 15 at every update. I think thats a bit unprofitable for players / supporters. And even if the Caeser tier is available again means its still 100 + vat just to keep up to date. So is it possible to add a "Always get the latest build - tier" for like 50 or 60?

Thanks for your time and sorry, english is not my mother tongue
:P

Wow! Great questions! Would be happy to try and answer as well as I can - thanks for thinking about supporting!!

1. The roadmap is actually on our page. We are a little late behind, to be honest.. but it really is a little. Mostly, our biggest problem is the on-line market square. I Was hoping that 1.0 would be the full release, but maybe we'll have a few versions after (or number them differently). As for after - in general.. we just plan to release and move on to the next game. That being said, we do want to have seasonal events, so, trying to figure out the bst way to do those (like for exsample.. war is coming.. "slaves from the east arriving" and such..

2. To be completely honest and open - we would LOVE to do something like that, but what you are describing would cost millions to make well. Literally.. mollions.. which we don't have. We do have a couple of ideas of playing as a slave - most of them are possessing the slaves but.. still trying to figure out if it's something we can fit into our scope. You said it yourself - the year plan is hard to begin with, and if we are going to promise to add things we can't for sure - scope wise... we just will never finish the game. So.. I'd rather only promise what I can actually deliver and have the rest as a "bonus" that I hope we can add :).

3. we sometimes do limited time offers but the "always get the latest build" is always 100$ so far.. we had a pre-order of 50$ but that doesn't include the builds on the way

Slaves Of Rome

Avid Affiliate
I want this ^ make this happen please <3
It's been a while since I've been around - love the new updates!!! Is there one coming this month as well?

Oh! So sorry for missing your post! Just saw it now. Thanks!!
There is one coming next month (June) - I know it's a bit late, but we hope it'll be a big one so hoping it's going to be worth it! :D

CEX

Casual Client
Of course! Mostly new content, but also.. a new option to send the slaves to missions (AND play the missions.. like.. possessing the slaves and playing the missions as them)

That actually sounds great! Will those be sex missions or just like normal quests?

Ginder

Avid Affiliate
What kind of missions?
I would love to see a BIT more to this game other than sex (I know it sounds strange, but it might actually work?)
Have some additional 'historical' content, maybe? It would add a lot of value to your game. Even if it's small things, and mostly in the background - it'll still be a refreshing thing

Auri

Potential Patron
I think the biggest problem is that the game is too easy and too repetitive.
Right now you simply punish the slave 100 times to get all the skill points, then try out all the positions and that's it.
I would love to see some more options in that system.

for example, punishment gains fear, sex gains love. and then unlock new dialogues when you reach a certain love/fear cap.
Or the slave runs away if there is too much fear. And the temple of gods could be involved. making the genitals bigger could gain love.
But listening dozens of times to the same story just to gain love points is simply a pain in the ass :)

Slaves Of Rome

Avid Affiliate
"for example, punishment gains fear, sex gains love. and then unlock new dialogues when you reach a certain love/fear cap. "

That's actually EXACTLY how it works :). It;s hard to tell at the moment because it works with only one slave, the rest are not implemented yet, but yeah, the idea is there :).

I love the running away if there is too much fear - will use that if it's ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.